PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange 6, Yoakum 0 - final

YTBulldogs
09-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Congrats LaGrange. Tough defense and wow, your hugh. My Dogs hung in there and played a great relentless "D" themselves. We have nothing to be upset about. We proved we can play with a team of your size.

Continued best wishes to ya'll. I think you'll do well this season.

trojandad
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
hey yt, did lagrange up their play or did you guys not have it tonight? i picked you guys in this one....

YTBulldogs
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
hey yt, did lagrange up their play or did you guys not have it tonight? i picked you guys in this one....

Both "D's" played lights out. We could not do nothing on "O". Our first firstdown came in the 3rd I think.

LaGrange must get their punt return lined out. After 2 fumbles by the deep men, they never sent a deep guy again. That will kill them (field position wise) against a team that can move the ball against them.

There RB #40 is a good quality back too. We got work to do, but--we know we can play even though we are so under sized.

We had a couple shots at a deep pass, but--we didn't see the WR open behind the corner. Bottomline---their "D" shut down anything we tried. They are good, and I think them getting this first win, will motivate them to keep it going. LaGrange, a class school and had a great following. Wish them well.

Pudlugger
09-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words YT. The Lep d gets the game ball. They made the key stops to hold on to a slim lead for the final 3 quarters of play. Kudos to the Bulldog D as well as they made a couple of critical fourth down stops with the Leps inside the red zone to keep their offense in the game. We had some fumbles and too many illegal procedure penalties that stopped several good drives. Additionally our receivers need to get some soft hands as we dropped several catchable passes. They are getting better though and by district that problem should be resolved. We need to get a punt returner out there as we gave up too much yardage. However, I know the coaches saw how high the punter, Harrison kicked and how well the coverage was so they just played it safe after two bobbled punt receptions(not leading to turnovers but causing a lot of Lep heartburn).

Yoakum is a great host and a classy program. We always are treated well there. Their team is very physical and well coached. I don't think their slightly small o line will be a problem, they get off the ball real fast and have good fundamentals. Its not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. I expect they will be fighting it out with Cuero for district champions this year.

The Leps host Sealy next Friday and need to get their offense cooking. Go Leps!

hookandladder
09-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Defense stepped up tonight , pretty much dominated Yoakum offense. To many missd opportunties again tonight for the Leps offense, this game should have never been this close. Yoakum D did play better in the second half however this should have been a 3 or 4 TD win for the Leps. Yoakum should fair well in their District , should give Cuero a good fight. Go Luck Dogs.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Defense stepped up tonight , pretty much dominated Yoakum offense. To many missd opportunties again tonight for the Leps offense, this game should have never been this close. Yoakum D did play better in the second half however this should have been a 3 or 4 TD win for the Leps. Yoakum should fair well in their District , should give Cuero a good fight. Go Luck Dogs.

Dunno about a 3 or 4 TD margin. Maybe I missed something? 2 tops, when the WR dropped a TD in the 3rd. But, we missed a streaking, wide open receiver in the 1st ourselves.

Pudlugger
09-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Lots of missed opportunities on both sides. That is the nature of defensive struggles. Credit the defenses for some and nerves to the rest. Both teams are gelling now and with each week hopefully they will get better. I saw lots of positives tonight and am confident our coaches will build on those issues as will Yoakum's. Bottom line the Leps came out on top by 6 due to a defense that did not give up.

'Necks 2013-14
09-03-2011, 01:10 AM
SEALY??? No, I think you host Columbia next Friday. Please do not overlook us. Thanks!:stirpot:

Pudlugger
09-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Right, Columbia next week. Senior moment. We sure wont overlook those Roughnecks. Point remains the same though as the Leps are going into a very rough schedule from here on and will be tested. Last year both Sealy and Columbia hung over 50 on us and i guess I got the order reversed. Hopefully our defense will hold back the powerful Columbia running game a bit better this year. I'm looking forward to the game.

hookandladder
09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Dunno about a 3 or 4 TD margin. Maybe I missed something? 2 tops, when the WR dropped a TD in the 3rd. But, we missed a streaking, wide open receiver in the 1st ourselves.

OK, 2 or 3 Td's however your offense had 4 first downs with 2 coming on your last drive. Just saying this game should have never been this close, not for sure but I do not even think you guys crossed mid field and if you did it was not more then 5 or 10 yards that is dominating. Maybe you did miss something , the game .

Pudlugger
09-03-2011, 09:24 AM
OK, 2 or 3 Td's however your offense had 4 first downs with 2 coming on your last drive. Just saying this game should have never been this close, not for sure but I do not even think you guys crossed mid field and if you did it was not more then 5 or 10 yards that is dominating. Maybe you did miss something , the game .

I take this more of a comment on the Lep offense shooting themselves in the foot on penalties, dropped passes, special teams play and turnovers than a criticism of Yoakum. I give Yoakum credit for forcing some of these errors and keeping it close. The Leps will need to get their offense off the ground if they want to win some games going forward into a very tough schedule.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
H&L--after looking at the stat's this morning, your right. Should of been alot worse than it was. We were taken out behind the wood shed in this one. LG get's that offense/punt return lined out, coupled with that powerful defense, I see a deep playoff run for ya'll.

Amazing we still had a chance to even win this game. Throw this film away, and prepare for next week. Yuck.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=113179&TeamID=249&SearchType=Teams

YTBulldogs
09-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Upon further review - some of ya'lls best tacklers appear to be on offense. LOL. Amazing, those have to be called. If you watch the film, watch our quick NG all night.

hookandladder
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Upon further review - some of ya'lls best tacklers appear to be on offense. LOL. Amazing, those have to be called. If you watch the film, watch our quick NG all night.

No need to watch film, so I need last night. We played 22 different players on offense and defense, yes that may change down the road. Even with our best defensive player on offense , we were solid on D.