PDA

View Full Version : About the Prime Time broadcast ...

3afan
12-02-2003, 07:18 AM
that was pretty neat - you folks in burnet must be happy how that turned out ... the thing that struck me, and the announcer said as much, is that the story could have been shot in any of a hundred or more cities in texas - thats the greatness of high school football in texas

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-02-2003, 07:31 AM
I was disappointed. I thought they should have devoted the whole hour to the story instead of the 15-20 minutes they gave it.

Old Dog
12-02-2003, 09:22 AM
3afan.....I agree whole heartedly. By stroke of fate, Burnet really represented hundreds of communities across Texas. The scene is repeated over and over....that's another part of what makes Texas special. If you are not a part of it, it's hard to understand.

BulldogGrl64
12-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Old Dog:
3afan.....I agree whole heartedly. By stroke of fate, Burnet really represented hundreds of communities across Texas. The scene is repeated over and over....that's another part of what makes Texas special. If you are not a part of it, it's hard to understand.That is very true, those that are not a part of it just can't understand it. That's too bad for them, cause they don't know what they are missing out on!

3afan
12-02-2003, 11:08 AM
ttt

LHMom
12-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Just reiterating what everyone else says... I didn't "get it" until last year. Now our household revolves around it. Not just during football season, either! The rest of the year is just preparing for the next year.

And personally, I think LH made a great "backdrop" for the special on Burnet!

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: LHMom ]</small>

dawg03
12-02-2003, 12:44 PM
I think it was awesome! I live in College Station and seeing my home town football team on ABC primetime was very cool. I think it was a good choice to choose Burnet to represent many schools across Texas! eek!

JCM
12-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm glad they did not see any tortillas flying. They would have thought we were a bunch of redneck morons.

Bandera YaYa
12-02-2003, 09:54 PM
JCM:
I'm glad they did not see any tortillas flying. They would have thought we were a bunch of redneck morons....so since you do throw them, that would make you a redneck moron...right?? Think about it!

Dawgystyle
12-02-2003, 09:58 PM
If they had a caught the tortilla thing on tape I am sure they would have played it up as such an original and really cool spirit thing. Original or not it would have taken the heat off of the whole tortilla debate and everyone would want to copy Burnet. Lets face it. This message board participants not withstanding, I know there are other schools fans that want to do it too.