PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Enrollment

Matthew328
09-01-2011, 12:49 PM
told right now they are at 1015...that'll be close...

Bullaholic
09-01-2011, 01:15 PM

If the 3A limit is upped high enough to include Stephenville, then they better go to Division-exclusive scheduling.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Would love to see them go 3A! Hopefully Brownwood and Stephenville would be put back in the same district! Let the rival continue.................

Old LB
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Would love to see them go 3A! Hopefully Brownwood and Stephenville would be put back in the same district! Let the rival continue.................

You think they would fall into the current district or go in with the schools West of Ft. Worth?

hollywood
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
You think they would fall into the current district or go in with the schools West of Ft. Worth?

Hard to say, if it happens. Brownwood could get pulled Northeast with Stephenville, Graham, Mineral Wells, and Glen Rose for a 5 team district. Then again, they could just pull Stephenville into the current Dist 5 with Abilene Wylie, Big Spring, Brownwood, Snyder, and Sweetwater to make it a 6 team district.

Pendragon13
09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
They're almost up to Wylie enrollment numbers!

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? :doh:

jason
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Hard to say, if it happens. Brownwood could get pulled Northeast with Stephenville, Graham, Mineral Wells, and Glen Rose for a 5 team district. Then again, they could just pull Stephenville into the current Dist 5 with Abilene Wylie, Big Spring, Brownwood, Snyder, and Sweetwater to make it a 6 team district. of those two scenarios, the first is a ton more plausible...stephenville would be Brownwood 2.0, they would come in with big heads and probably underachieve...

hollywood
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
They're almost up to Wylie enrollment numbers!

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? :doh:

:clap: finally!

hollywood
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
of those two scenarios, the first is a ton more plausible...stephenville would be Brownwood 2.0, they would come in with big heads and probably underachieve...

From an outsiders view, it's easy to make that proclamation. But, probably pretty damn accurate. :thumbsup:

jason
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
From an outsiders view, it's easy to make that proclamation. But, probably pretty damn accurate. :thumbsup:of course i realize sville is probably a little better now than last year, but they go embarassed by a good 3a last year that couldn't win it all...i don't think 3a would take them lightly but i wouldn't bet the house on them either...

Bullaholic
09-01-2011, 02:39 PM
of course i realize sville is probably a little better now than last year, but they go embarassed by a good 3a last year that couldn't win it all...i don't think 3a would take them lightly but i wouldn't bet the house on them either...

You're evil, jason....

LionKing
09-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Would love to see them go 3A! Hopefully Brownwood and Stephenville would be put back in the same district! Let the rival continue.................Was told last week Brownwood's enrollment was 920, probably safely in 3A next realignment.

Pendragon13
09-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Was told last week Brownwood's enrollment was 920, probably safely in 3A next realignment.Recruiters not doing their job these days? Or maybe they're hunting quality over quantity.. :thumbsup:

eagles_victory
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Recruiters not doing their job these days? Or maybe they're hunting quality over quantity.. :thumbsup: Maybe they are adopting the Wylie style of enrollment counting.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
of course i realize sville is probably a little better now than last year, but they go embarassed by a good 3a last year that couldn't win it all...i don't think 3a would take them lightly but i wouldn't bet the house on them either...

IMO, Stephenville is about as good as last year, maybe not as yet. They had a much bigger Oline and Dline last year. Their defefense is much weaker because of it. The new QB probably balances out the loss of the Oline. They were embarassed by a great 3A team who could have whooped Aledo the same. Not that it's automatic, but from what I saw, Brownwood had way more weapons than Aledo. Last year, Stephenville and Lake Travis were the only teams that could play with Aledo. Brownwood spanked Stephenville.Score could have been worse if Shipley wasn't so darn nice. The thing is, there's not one team in 3A this season that I'd bet the house on. Stephenville loses a lot after this season and will be a couple of seasons before the next talented group.

jason
09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
IMO, Stephenville is about as good as last year, maybe not as yet. They had a much bigger Oline and Dline last year. Their defefense is much weaker because of it. The new QB probably balances out the loss of the Oline. They were embarassed by a great 3A team who could have whooped Aledo the same. Not that it's automatic, but from what I saw, Brownwood had way more weapons than Aledo. Last year, Stephenville and Lake Travis were the only teams that could play with Aledo. Brownwood spanked Stephenville.Score could have been worse if Shipley wasn't so darn nice. The thing is, there's not one team in 3A this season that I'd bet the house on. Stephenville loses a lot after this season and will be a couple of seasons before the next talented group.don't they have an 8th grade or freshman qb that is supposed to be pretty good coming up? it looks like washington is out for 8-10 weeks with a broken foot so no qb controversy for the coaches...

Emerson1
09-01-2011, 03:45 PM
could have whooped Aledo the same.
No..

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2011, 03:47 PM
They were embarassed by a great 3A team who could have whooped Aledo the same.Guess that means Carthage was the best team in the state. But they lost to Chapel Hill by like 30, so that must mean Chapel Hill could beat them all. But wait, Chapel Hill lost to Henderson, so that must mean Henderson could beat Aledo too. But wait, Henderson lost to Gilmer, and Gilmer lost to Argyle. So all of these teams could then beat Aledo too.

Oh wait, how could I forget... Brownwood was the best team in the state. Thats why they won state....

And dont forget to mention you could beat Allen, Trinity, Katy, Pearland, and lake travis too.

Emerson1
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Guess that means Carthage was the best team in the state. But they lost to Chapel Hill by like 30, so that must mean Chapel Hill could beat them all. But wait, Chapel Hill lost to Henderson, so that must mean Henderson could beat Aledo too. But wait, Henderson lost to Gilmer, and Gilmer lost to Argyle. So all of these teams could then beat Aledo too.

Oh wait, how could I forget... Brownwood was the best team in the state. Thats why they won state....

And dont forget to mention you could beat Allen, Trinity, Katy, Pearland, and lake travis too.
I'm starting to warm up to saggy

hollywood
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
don't they have an 8th grade or freshman qb that is supposed to be pretty good coming up? it looks like washington is out for 8-10 weeks with a broken foot so no qb controversy for the coaches...

Yes a freshman... he's a great athlete. One of those kids that stands out big time. Guess he'll be moved up this week. Wasn't sure about Washington's diagnosis... which I don't think there would have been a controversy after Jone's performance last week.

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm starting to warm up to saggy I knew you'd come around eventually :inlove:

jason
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes a freshman... he's a great athlete. One of those kids that stands out big time. Guess he'll be moved up this week. Wasn't sure about Washington's diagnosis... which I don't think there would have been a controversy after Jone's performance last week.i don't either but do you think the backup qb would have got the playing time he did if washington hadn't got hurt?...

hollywood
09-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Guess that means Carthage was the best team in the state. But they lost to Chapel Hill by like 30, so that must mean Chapel Hill could beat them all. But wait, Chapel Hill lost to Henderson, so that must mean Henderson could beat Aledo too. But wait, Henderson lost to Gilmer, and Gilmer lost to Argyle. So all of these teams could then beat Aledo too.

Good try... it's all about match ups. If you comprehended my post incorrectly, that's your fault. I didn't say Aledo was the best team in the state, I didn't say Stephenville was the best team in the state, I didn't say Carthage was the best team in the state, I didn't even say Brownwood was the best team in the state. I didn't see half the teams play that you mentioned. I did see Aledo, Brownwood, Carthage, and Stephenville play. And yes, Carthage could have beaten Aledo. Brownwood could have beaten Aledo. Lake Travis could have beaten Aledo. Stephenville should have beaten Aledo, picture of TD proves that. Get yourself more educated before coming back here and blowing smoke.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
i don't either but do you think the backup qb would have got the playing time he did if washington hadn't got hurt?... Not sure about that... I bet they would have kept him down in JV or freshman level to develop more for at least the regular season then moved him up for post season. He's the kind of athlete that could be put at FS and do well right now. Super fast and athletic.

jason
09-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Good try... it's all about match ups. If you comprehended my post incorrectly, that's your fault. I didn't say Aledo was the best team in the state, I didn't say Stephenville was the best team in the state, I didn't say Carthage was the best team in the state, I didn't even say Brownwood was the best team in the state. I didn't see half the teams play that you mentioned. I did see Aledo, Brownwood, Carthage, and Stephenville play. And yes, Carthage could have beaten Aledo. Brownwood could have beaten Aledo. Lake Travis could have beaten Aledo. Stephenville should have beaten Aledo, picture of TD proves that. Get yourself more educated before coming back here and blowing smoke.lake travis lost to aledo :D

hollywood
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
No..

lol, we will never ever know.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
lake travis lost to aledo :D

Yep, but they could have beaten Aledo, right? LT was missing some key players and Aledo only beat them by like 4 points I think.

eagles_victory
09-01-2011, 04:35 PM
lol, we will never ever know. By the logic we never know if last years Fairfield team could of beat the Green Bay Packers but we can make a pretty good educated guess the Packers would probably win.

Old LB
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Hard to say, if it happens. Brownwood could get pulled Northeast with Stephenville, Graham, Mineral Wells, and Glen Rose for a 5 team district. Then again, they could just pull Stephenville into the current Dist 5 with Abilene Wylie, Big Spring, Brownwood, Snyder, and Sweetwater to make it a 6 team district.

With Stephanville, Brownwood, and Wylie in that district poor ole Snyder would never be able to make the playoffs!

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Good try... it's all about match ups. If you comprehended my post incorrectly, that's your fault. I didn't say Aledo was the best team in the state, I didn't say Stephenville was the best team in the state, I didn't say Carthage was the best team in the state, I didn't even say Brownwood was the best team in the state. I didn't see half the teams play that you mentioned. I did see Aledo, Brownwood, Carthage, and Stephenville play. And yes, Carthage could have beaten Aledo. Brownwood could have beaten Aledo. Lake Travis could have beaten Aledo. Stephenville should have beaten Aledo, picture of TD proves that. Get yourself more educated before coming back here and blowing smoke. lmao. Gray would have set a state record for rushing yards and tds in a single game if y'all had played aledo. Remember when that white boy from Carthage owned your D? That kid was good no doubt but nowhere near grays level. Brownwood would have lost to aledo by 30.

You should get your head outta your ass long enough to realize brownwood wasn't even the best team in 3A, much less on the level of the 3 time defending 4A champs. Lmao

bwdlionfan
09-01-2011, 05:57 PM
lmao. Gray would have set a state record for rushing yards and tds in a single game if y'all had played aledo. Remember when that white boy from Carthage owned your D? That kid was good no doubt but nowhere near grays level. Brownwood would have lost to aledo by 30.

You should get your head outta your ass long enough to realize brownwood wasn't even the best team in 3A, much less on the level of the 3 time defending 4A champs. Lmao

I don't know that we would have beat them, but we sure wouldn't have lost by 30. I don't think we would have stopped them and I don't think they would have stopped us.

Tejastrue
09-01-2011, 06:03 PM
lmao. Gray would have set a state record for rushing yards and tds in a single game if y'all had played aledo. Remember when that white boy from Carthage owned your D? That kid was good no doubt but nowhere near grays level. Brownwood would have lost to aledo by 30.

Here we go. :rolleyes: That young man from Carthage has a name, Hunter Holland. :2thumbsup

bwdlionfan
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Here we go. :rolleyes: That young man from Carthage has a name, Hunter Holland. :2thumbsup

I'm with you, not sure why it matters that he is a "white boy"

OldNavy
09-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Good try... it's all about match ups. If you comprehended my post incorrectly, that's your fault. I didn't say Aledo was the best team in the state, I didn't say Stephenville was the best team in the state, I didn't say Carthage was the best team in the state, I didn't even say Brownwood was the best team in the state. I didn't see half the teams play that you mentioned. I did see Aledo, Brownwood, Carthage, and Stephenville play. And yes, Carthage could have beaten Aledo. Brownwood could have beaten Aledo. Lake Travis could have beaten Aledo. Stephenville should have beaten Aledo, picture of TD proves that. Get yourself more educated before coming back here and blowing smoke.

Yea, get yourself educated. Brownwood knows what it takes to win state in 4A because of all the deep playoff runs and state championships they had, when they were in 4A. So, they know what they are talking about. So don't be blowing no smoke.

No, wait, they didn't win a state championship in 4A, but at least they did win it in 3A last year. No, wait, maybe they don't know what they are talking about. My bad! Maybe your education is OK afterall.

Old LB
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Yea, get yourself educated. Brownwood knows what it takes to win state in 4A because of all the deep playoff runs and state championships they had, when they were in 4A. So, they know what they are talking about. So don't be blowing no smoke.

No, wait, they didn't win a state championship in 4A, but at least they did win it in 3A last year. No, wait, maybe they don't know what they are talking about. My bad! Maybe your education is OK afterall.

Brownwood does have a 4A state championship and 6 in 3A. Just think if they had been 2A for years.

eagles_victory
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Brownwood does have a 4A state championship and 6 in 3A. Just think if they had been 2A for years. With a 4a enrollment? I would hope you would of done well.

Old LB
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
With a 4a enrollment? I would hope you would of done well.

Works for Wylie?

eagles_victory
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Works for Wylie? yea your right but they use the Anne Frank method on enrollment day I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

OldNavy
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Brownwood does have a 4A state championship and 6 in 3A. Just think if they had been 2A for years.

How many on this board are old enough to remember them?

Tejastrue
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

More than you may realize. :wave:

Tin Cup
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I think Stephenville could have very good success at the 3A level. My one negative about Browneood is that we are typically quite small in size up front compared to some of the elite teams. Stephenville traditionally has some big beef. I know this isn't critical to win but it sure helps.

Rocket
09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
The 3A enrollment will affect Sville just like it affected Brownwood. We were bigger Pre-3A. The loss of numbers has caught up with us some and will catch up with the Ville.

Brownwood has done well in 3A. Under Shipley we have 25 wins and 4 losses in 2 seasons and 1 week. I'll take it. We are on top of the food chain in 3A. I think we can beat anybody we play and that's been the case in every game where we have played in 3A. Even in that horrible 2008 season, we were in each game.

BwdLion73
09-01-2011, 09:09 PM

I remember.

ronwx5x
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
The 3A enrollment will affect Sville just like it affected Brownwood. We were bigger Pre-3A. The loss of numbers has caught up with us some and will catch up with the Ville.

Brownwood has done well in 3A. Under Shipley we have 25 wins and 4 losses in 2 seasons and 1 week. I'll take it. We are on top of the food chain in 3A. I think we can beat anybody we play and that's been the case in every game where we have played in 3A. Even in that horrible 2008 season, we were in each game.

Ah, how soon you forget you have played in 3A for 3 seasons, not 2.

BwdLion73
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Ah, how soon you forget you have played in 3A for 3 seasons, not 2.

We have played in 3A much more than 3 seasons. :wave:

ronwx5x
09-01-2011, 09:26 PM
We have played in 3A much more than 3 seasons. :wave:

Ya think?

BwdLion73
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Ya think?

yup :)

garciap77
09-01-2011, 09:40 PM

We are at about 2,500 give or take a few kids, but we should be OK come realignment time! :D

garciap77
09-01-2011, 09:42 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/monkey-1.gif

LOL

shamu85
09-01-2011, 11:10 PM

I don't think S'ville has really lost that much of their enrollment have they? They have been between 1000 and 1100 for quite awhile, right? It's just that the high end of the classifications keep moving up.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM

LMAO... you are clue-less! Carthage had a big Oline that could move and opened some huge holes. Holland was a good running back. But hell, I could have had 300 yards rushing with that Oline. So are you saying since Stephenville held Gray to under 100 yards BOTH times they played them last year Brownwood couldn't have done the same thing? Boy, get your head out of your arse, your really showing your lack of football knowledge! Just think, Brownwood was still in the game with seconds left even with Holland running wild. You should come up next week for the M&G at Tarleton's memorial stadium.

hollywood
09-01-2011, 11:15 PM

LMAO... you are clue-less! Carthage had a big Oline that could move and opened some huge holes. Holland was a good running back. But hell, I could have had 300 yards rushing with that Oline. So are you saying since Stephenville held Gray to under 100 yards BOTH times they played them last year Brownwood couldn't have done the same thing? Boy, get your head out of your arse, you're really showing your lack of football knowledge! Just think, Brownwood was still in the game with seconds left even with Holland running wild. You should come up next week for the M&G at Tarleton's memorial stadium.

By the way, Aledo is back to back 4A, not 3 time defending.

SHSBulldog00
09-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Sville's eight grade class should be big enough for them to stay 4A.

SHSBulldog00
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM
We are at about 2,500 give or take a few kids, but we should be OK come realignment time! :D

Just make sure the buses are there on snap shot day so they can keep Abilene High Elevated in 5A.:wave:

LIONS#1
09-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I remember and attended all but 3 of them:crazy:

LIONS#1
09-02-2011, 12:43 AM
LMAO... you are clue-less! Carthage had a big Oline that could move and opened some huge holes. Holland was a good running back. But hell, I could have had 300 yards rushing with that Oline. So are you saying since Stephenville held Gray to under 100 yards BOTH times they played them last year Brownwood couldn't have done the same thing? Boy, get your head out of your arse, you're really showing your lack of football knowledge! Just think, Brownwood was still in the game with seconds left even with Holland running wild. You should come up next week for the M&G at Tarleton's memorial stadium.

By the way, Aledo is back to back 4A, not 3 time defending.

You have to understand that he is a AGGY ...LMAO agrhoid logic!!! You know ..if I can't get my way I will throw a hissy fit and leave the conference type folks!!:1popcorn:

Matthew328
09-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Sville's eight grade class should be big enough for them to stay 4A.

The current 8th graders wont affect the number since its being taken this Oct

garciap77
09-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Just make sure the buses are there on snap shot day so they can keep Abilene High Elevated in 5A.:wave:

:wave:And Cooper!:wave:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/danceurfun.gifP.S. On snap shot day we are -1 enrollment cut off for 3A.http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/danceurfun.gif

Sville
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Sville is no Bwood. We have been a much better and consistent program over the last 20 years. We would not be world beaters but we would be top 15 year in and year out IMO. To be honest I hope we don't go 3A unless they do the divisional thing.

Sville is quite a bit better than last year especially offensively. We are better at QB, RB, a lot better at WR, and the OL is just as good and bigger. Defensively I dont know if we are better after playing one bad @$$ offense last week but we are faster. We have 3 starters that ran sub 11 sec. 100m last year in track. I am going to wait on the defense after playing a few teams that dont have OLs that look like a college team and an all-American at RB.

I am not going to talk Bwood vs Sville till after tonight. We have a tough Wylie team at their place to battle first.

I do have one prediction for this season. Sville's Aiavion Edwards is going to re-write the Sville rushing records this year. He will become the first Jacket to rush for over 2,000 yards. I also think his recruiting stock is going to greatly rise and Briles will have a hard time keeping him at Baylor as a DB. Last year he looked like an athlete playing RB, this year he looks like RB and a damn good one at that.

Sville
09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
To the topic of enrollment at SHS. Sure it may be down a little bit this year but it won't stay that way, at least I don't think it will. The lower grades are much bigger, closer to 300 per class than 250. The drop in enrollment kind of baffles me as well b/c Sville and Erath County have enjoyed consistent growth. We have averaged 2% growth a year over the last 40 years and after the last census that figure didn't change.

The kindergarten had 300, 1st & 2nd campus had 571, and the 3rd and 4th campus had 522. I do not have the numbers for the intermediate or jr high ( This is 2010-11 data)

hollywood
09-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Sville is no Bwood. We have been a much better and consistent program over the last 20 years. We would not be world beaters but we would be top 15 year in and year out IMO. To be honest I hope we don't go 3A unless they do the divisional thing.

Sville is quite a bit better than last year especially offensively. We are better at QB, RB, a lot better at WR, and the OL is just as good and bigger. Defensively I dont know if we are better after playing one bad @$$ offense last week but we are faster. We have 3 starters that ran sub 11 sec. 100m last year in track. I am going to wait on the defense after playing a few teams that dont have OLs that look like a college team and an all-American at RB.

I am not going to talk Bwood vs Sville till after tonight. We have a tough Wylie team at their place to battle first.

I do have one prediction for this season. Sville's Aiavion Edwards is going to re-write the Sville rushing records this year. He will become the first Jacket to rush for over 2,000 yards. I also think his recruiting stock is going to greatly rise and Briles will have a hard time keeping him at Baylor as a DB. Last year he looked like an athlete playing RB, this year he looks like RB and a damn good one at that.

All I can say right now Sville is that I agree with the last paragraph. More to come after tonight. :1popcorn::wave: