PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys

Farmersfan
09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on tonight's game. Considering the rookie O-linemen and the lack of the offseason training do you feel they should play their starters way more than it sounds like they are going to? I know traditionally this preseason game doesn't get much action from the starters but isn't this season a little different than most? And considering so many of the starters haven't played at all in the preseason I just think they need the work as a group. I would play the starting team at least a full half tonight if not 3 full quarters. Especially considering they will have 10 full days until the first regular season game. Thoughts?

Roughneck93
09-01-2011, 08:29 AM
The only starter I would like to see get some extensive playing time is Jenkins at corner. He needs the reps. I was hearing some talk that the staff wanted to go that route with him if he was ready. As far as the other starters, I'd be fine with a series or two. Or nothing at all. I'd hate to lose someone so early.

Txbroadcaster
09-01-2011, 08:45 AM
This is a tough issue every team is having to deal with this season..I would see how they play for the first 3 series.then decide from there

Pendragon13
09-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I want to see Newman at corner...and playing well including run support. If this doesn't happen then time to say bye bye and thanks for your contribution over the years.

Bullaholic
09-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Hard to tell anything about the starters in this game as I don't look for them to see much time. May get a couple more looks at some players on the bubble, and then it is cutting time down to regular season roster size.

Cowboys look to be in re-building mode and seem reluctant to admit it. We all want that SB--but I don't think this will be the season. Looking more 8-8, 9-7 given a tough schedule, and probably will have to stuggle to make the playoffs. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Roughneck93
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I want to see Newman at corner...and playing well including run support. If this doesn't happen then time to say bye bye and thanks for your contribution over the years.Yeah I think it's a make or break year for Newman along with Jenkins at corner.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
You won't see a lot of starters, Choice, Austin, Spears, Newman, Kosier & James won't even make the trip to Miami. QB McGee will get most of the snaps & you might see Brandstater in the 4th qtr. CB Jenkins might play a little, hasn't had much contact because of a stinger. Guard Montrae Holland will probably play, Cowboys need to know if they can count on him or they need to look elsewhere. This game might decide who will be the kicker, they still have 4 active kickers on the roster. Won't be a lot of starters, but some of the back-up jobs could be decided. There is a good battle between several receivers, LB's & DB's.

4x100jackets
09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
They better get all the work they can, because the SKINS are going to take them to the wood shed this yr!!

Txbroadcaster
09-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Hard to tell anything about the starters in this game as I don't look for them to see much time. May get a couple more looks at some players on the bubble, and then it is cutting time down to regular season roster size.

Cowboys look to be in re-building mode and seem reluctant to admit it. We all want that SB--but I don't think this will be the season. Looking more 8-8, 9-7 given a tough schedule, and probably will have to stuggle to make the playoffs. Sure hope I'm wrong.

I dont think they are reluctant to admit it..they have shown they realize they are in transition with the changes on the OL..they are not in full tear down, but they see to be better for next 5 years they needed to make some changes now and have some small short term growing pain

Macarthur
09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I think Romo looks ready. Witten, ware, felix & Kosier are probably good to go, too. Other than that, I think everyone else could use the work, especially the defense.

ForeverALobo
09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Romo looks ready. Witten, ware, felix & Kosier are probably good to go, too. Other than that, I think everyone else could use the work, especially the defense.

I agree. The defense needs all the work they can get. Same can be said for the OL.

Roughneck93
09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree. The defense needs all the work they can get. Same can be said for the OL.:iagree:

BILLYFRED0000
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
no starters at all. if they are ready no need. If they are not too late.

Old Tiger
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
4th pre-season game is for borderline cut players to make the roster.

Txbroadcaster
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
4th pre-season game is for borderline cut players to make the roster.

normally yes..but this year might be a bit different with lack of off season

jason
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
no starters at all. if they are ready no need. If they are not too late. i tend to agree with this

Farmersfan
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
normally yes..but this year might be a bit different with lack of off season

This is my thinking! It probably won't be different but I think it should be. The O-line needs work but they work with the 1st team offense and not a bunch of bubble players. Newman and Jenkins need work but not with the slop players. So it's all or none in my opinion. I guess your first comment makes a ton of sense. Let's wait and see how they look in the first 2 or 3 series before we decide. If they stink it up-they stay in there.