PDA

View Full Version : Wk 1 Best Games

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse
Carthage @ Lindale
Gilmer @ Tatum
Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie

Others? And you can make predictions and/or tell us which one(s) you will be making.

waterboy
08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse - I think Chapel Hill wins this one by around 10-14 points
Carthage @ Lindale - I think Carthage wins a shootout
Gilmer @ Tatum - I'll be at this one. I think Gilmer wins going away.
Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie - I think Stephenville will win this one going away......sorry, Wylie fans!

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Cuero @ Liberty Hill going to make any sparks?

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Dallas Skyline vs Cocoa(FL)

MGAR
08-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse - I think Chapel Hill wins this one by around 10-14 points
Carthage @ Lindale - I think Carthage wins a shootout
Gilmer @ Tatum - I'll be at this one. I think Gilmer wins going away.
Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie - I think Stephenville will win this one going away......sorry, Wylie fans!

Gotta play better than you did against Atlanta for that to happen Holmes.

For me

Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse- CH has some key guys still out. WH is young. Both teams didn't play that great last week. Toss up, leaning towards CH

Carthage @ Lindale- Let's not be fooled here. Lindale beat a Spring Hill team that might win one game this year. Carthage starters didn't play in the 2nd half last week. Carthage big time.

Gilmer @ Tatum- The last time these teams combined for less than 50 points was in 2000. Some folks are saying this will be a more grind it out game than in the past. Tatum will be able to use it's size up front and the T&L combo(5'5 150,6'3 225) will get some yards. Overstreet not including in the T&L will try to match the 131 yards on 9 carries, 3TDs he had a year ago against the Buckeyes. Don't be fooled by Gilmer. Luke Turner is not their only weapon. Against ATL their favorite run play was the stretch play. Not sure they will be able to do that against the future DI defensive ends Tatum has. Gilmer will go to the air a lot. No prediction on this one from me.

Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie- Does AW have anything close to being able to hang with Stephenville?

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Gotta play better than you did against Atlanta for that to happen Holmes.

For me

Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse- CH has some key guys still out. WH is young. Both teams didn't play that great last week. Toss up, leaning towards CH

Carthage @ Lindale- Let's not be fooled here. Lindale beat a Spring Hill team that might win one game this year. Carthage starters didn't play in the 2nd half last week. Carthage big time.

Gilmer @ Tatum- The last time these teams combined for less than 50 points was in 2000. Some folks are saying this will be a more grind it out game than in the past. Tatum will be able to use it's size up front and the T&L combo(5'5 150,6'3 225) will get some yards. Overstreet not including in the T&L will try to match the 131 yards on 9 carries, 3TDs he had a year ago against the Buckeyes. Don't be fooled by Gilmer. Luke Turner is not their only weapon. Against ATL their favorite run play was the stretch play. Not sure they will be able to do that against the future DI defensive ends Tatum has. Gilmer will go to the air a lot. No prediction on this one from me.

Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie- Does AW have anything close to being able to hang with Stephenville?

:clap: Very nice, MGAR...Now that's some football talk you can go to the bank with...

Roughneck93
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Dallas Skyline vs Cocoa(FL)

Watched Cocoa lose to Colerain (OH) Sunday on ESPN. Snapped their 38 game winning streak. I think Skyline takes this game.

Tin Cup
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse
CH 35-21

Carthage @ Lindale
Carthage 41-20

Gilmer @ Tatum
Tatum 28-27

Ville 51-21

Brownwood @ Graham
Wood 36-13

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 01:51 PM
You know you don't have to have a game between ranked teams for it to be a good game....Many is the time I have seen two evenly-matched teams go at it and provide some great action---especially when they are rivals or their programs are building. Any of those out there?

bobcat1
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Celina and Prestonwood should be good. Prestonwood is ranked #1 in Tapps Div. 1 Usually a good hard hitting football game.

Tin Cup
08-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Celina and Prestonwood should be good. Prestonwood is ranked #1 in Tapps Div. 1 Usually a good hard hitting football game.

What kind of enrollment numbers does Prestonwood have

bobcat1
08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Not sure but it is a huge place. Here's a link. http://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/schools/9999917654/school.aspx Looks total is 1478 for last year

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse
Carthage @ Lindale
Gilmer @ Tatum

Others? And you can make predictions and/or tell us which one(s) you will be making.
Im gonna say CH in a close one but one turnover either way could make a huge difference in the outcome of the game.

Tatum over Gilmer slightly. I think Gilmer (based on what I saw last week) is trying to find thier footing defensivly.

Stephenville over Wylie. However, its not going to be by a gigantic margin. I think Wylie is better than what people think and that coupled with The Ville going thru that emotional win, I say Ville wins but by around 2 touchdowns.

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Im gonna say CH in a close one but one turnover either way could make a huge difference in the outcome of the game.

Tatum over Gilmer slightly. I think Gilmer (based on what I saw last week) is trying to find thier footing defensivly.

Stephenville over Wylie. However, its not going to be by a gigantic margin. I think Wylie is better than what people think and that coupled with The Ville going thru that emotional win, I say Ville wins but by around 2 touchdowns.

Any 2A matchups you like this week?

MGAR
08-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Any 2A matchups you like this week?

I know you asked him but I like these two 2A match ups.

Idalou vs. Littlefield

Arp vs Paul Pewitt

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I know you asked him but I like these two 2A match ups.

Idalou vs. Littlefield

Arp vs Paul Pewitt

No prob, MGAR---the more football talk, the better...I remember some of those Pewitt teams from several years ago...

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
I originally had Idalou/Littlefield on my schedule but something came up.

hollywood
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Chapel Hill @ Whitehouse
Carthage @ Lindale
Gilmer @ Tatum

Any classification?

Bullaholic
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Any classification?

Sure--why not--it always spawns more football discussion. BTW, Brownwood @ Graham should be a good game---I really don't look for the Lions to run away and hide from Graham.

LIONS#1
08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Goldthwaite vs San Saba ought to be pretty good!!

MUSTANG69
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Sinton/Hondo might be one of the better games in Reg 4 to see. A very good test for Sinton to start the season.

bobcat1
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Goldthwaite vs San Saba ought to be pretty good!! I agree. They are bitter rivals and San Saba is ranked in 2A I believe this year. I'm pulling for Goldthwaite.

GrTigers6
08-30-2011, 05:55 PM
You know you don't have to have a game between ranked teams for it to be a good game....Many is the time I have seen two evenly-matched teams go at it and provide some great action---especially when they are rivals or their programs are building. Any of those out there?Glen Rose @ Bridgeport, Oh wait that was last week,:wave:

GrTigers6
08-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Goldthwaite vs San Saba ought to be pretty good!!That matchup never matters who is ranked and who is in a different classification. Its a true rivalry. And always one worth watching if given the opportunity.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Maybe not. We're in a drought, but our field is green, so unless some doof runs over a rock riding a lawn mower up there, maybe there won't be any grass fires. ;)

Heck, it's always a good show when Purple & Gold meets up with Green Beans & White. :D

Tejastrue
08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
You know you don't have to have a game between ranked teams for it to be a good game....Many is the time I have seen two evenly-matched teams go at it and provide some great action---especially when they are rivals or their programs are building. Any of those out there?

Wimberley @ 4A Dripping Springs. This is always a fun game to be at because our communities are so close knit. Local bragging rights for the year. I believe Dripping Springs leads the all time series 11-10 which I look for the Texans to even it up on Friday night. DS plays in one of the tougher 4A districts around with the likes of Lake Travis, Marble Falls and now Cedar Park.

Sportshack
08-31-2011, 07:52 AM

Cuero looked like they got aways to go. Not sure about LH but I think that they got rolled by someone last week.

slingshot
08-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Goldthwaite vs San Saba ought to be pretty good!!This...

Gsquared
08-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Cuero looked like they got aways to go. Not sure about LH but I think that they got rolled by someone last week.
Rouse beat LH didnt they?

trojandad
08-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Wimberley @ 4A Dripping Springs. This is always a fun game to be at because our communities are so close knit. Local bragging rights for the year. I believe Dripping Springs leads the all time series 11-10 which I look for the Texans to even it up on Friday night. DS plays in one of the tougher 4A districts around with the likes of Lake Travis, Marble Falls and now Cedar Park.

win or lose, you guys are gonna know a LOT about yourselves after that game....picking you guys in a squeaker....good luck, texans....

waterboy
09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
TTT.....just wanted to keep this on top to see how everybody did with their predictions...

It looks like most of us were right about the CH / WH game.