PDA

View Full Version : baylor vs tcu....

trojandad
08-30-2011, 08:47 AM
any chance baylor, with their qb/wr tandem returning, can surprise tcu while theyre reloading....it just might happen.....

LionFan72
08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Why of course, about as good of a chance as me winning the lottery. Is is a game, but Patterson has assembled a very formidable team for the near future, and of course led by Casey Pachall-Brownwood Lion! Should be a decent game. I do think Baylor will be a spoiler.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Why of course, about as good of a chance as me winning the lottery. Is is a game, but Patterson has assembled a very formidable team for the near future, and of course led by Casey Pachall-Brownwood Lion! Should be a decent game. I do think Baylor will be a spoiler.

i KNEW youd work casey in there....lol....your probably right, tho....

LionFan72
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Gotta get your points in where you can, besides that he lived across the street from me, he is a really good young man and a pretty good QB as some are soon to learn!

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
It's 50/50

jason
08-30-2011, 09:27 AM
robert griffin > casey paschall

Daddy D 11
08-30-2011, 09:34 AM
all gonna hinge on our defensive lines play
patterson has blasted his offensive line all off season and has repeatedly said they are WAY behind schedule, he's also done the same to Pachall many times.

(kind of an obvious no brainer, but) IF TCU's Oline can do just a decent job, i think they win. BUT...if they are behind schedule like it looks like they've been, and you mix that with Pachall being real fresh/inexperienced... we might MIGHT have something cooking

i still think TCU scores in the low 30s and we score in the mid/high 20s

hollywood
08-30-2011, 09:39 AM

lol.

Macarthur
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't think there's any way in hell Baylor wins.

I think Patterson has been sandbagging, especially with Paschall. I think this kid could explode this year. He's going to be one of the biggest surprises in college football this year.

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
lol.Its true...

watz4dinner
08-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Watch for former China Spring WR/Safety Mike Hicks. He is #17. He is a beast!!! He will knock a few horn frogs around this Friday.

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Speaking of former 3a players is Dwight Smith going to get the ball any this year for the frogs?

hollywood
08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Its true...

Will see soon enough.

hollywood
08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Griffin didn't impress me in HS and doesn't impress me much in college. Talented, yes, but not what he was talked up to be. Should have stuck with track and field.

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Will see soon enough.An average game for RGIII against TCU defense is > than a good game by Casey against Baylor defense

sahen
08-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Griffin didn't impress me in HS and doesn't impress me much in college. Talented, yes, but not what he was talked up to be. Should have stuck with track and field.

he has 2 more years left and is being named on Heisman watch lists....he may not impress you but he has impressed many more...

bwdlionfan
08-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Both were great high school QBs. Remember, they've matched up against each other in high school Pachall's soph season and Griffin's senior season. Griffin got ejected after having two three and outs because he lost his cool, and Pachall's team won, 17-10.

LIONS#1
08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
An average game for RGIII against TCU defense is > than a good game by Casey against Baylor defense

LMAO Casey will light Baylor UP!! Pachall has way more upside than RG and will prove it on the field...RG might turn into a decent WR on the next level.....that is a big maybe!!!:1popcorn:

Emerson1
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
He had nothing to do with consecutive state championship trips obviously.

Black Swarm
08-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Dwight Smith is no longer a Frog. He plays for Navarro JC.
I'll take the Frogs to win this one.

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I saw Casey play once he threw like 3 or 4 INT.

sahen
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM

or the first bowl game for Baylor in 15 years...

BEAST
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM

Which game was that?

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 12:41 PM
which game was that?

Beastlh..

BEAST
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
lh..

2 on stinking screen passes when the RB didnt go to the ball.

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-30-2011, 12:48 PM
2 on stinking screen passes when the RB didnt go to the ball.

BEAST2 3 4 doesn't matter...

1 was a pick 6 I do believe.

But obviously its never a QB fault for Brownwood....its always another player or the refz!

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
he has 2 more years left and is being named on heisman watch lists....he may not impress you but he has impressed many more...

fail

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM

lol!

Tin Cup
08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Griffin has the edge right now because of experience. Casey has a better upside and future as a QB. I would love to see him light up Baylor with his arm and feet.

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Yeah, I'm sure all QB's have thrown INT's.

I saw Griffin once and he over threw like 5-6 receivers then got power drivin into the turf. Only thing he threw well that night was his helmet.

Sville
08-30-2011, 02:09 PM

All that education and still know nothing.

Baylor wins!

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:12 PM
All that education and still know nothing.

Baylor wins!

Why?

Sville
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Why?

Because Baylor has the greatest coach to ever walk the face of this earth, or was that just a rhetorical question?

Pawhaw couldn't hold RG3's jock.

Rocket
08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Because Baylor has the greatest coach to ever walk the face of this earth, or was that just a rhetorical question?

LOL The greatest coach in Waco!

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM

I figured that was the reason... and no, it's the other way around my friend.

Sville
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL The greatest coach in Waco!

I knew puttin a little stink bait on the lure would work. To bad I caught a mudcat instead of a channel cat though.

BaseballUmp
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm taking Baylor to win

sahen
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
fail

i didn't fail anything...i was just simply pointing out that you are in the minority in your opinion, apparantly that bothers you...

hollywood
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM
i didn't fail anything...i was just simply pointing out that you are in the minority in your opinion, apparantly that bothers you...

No, not at all. It's all subject to opinion. He's very gifted though. Just didn't impress me as much as the hype. That's all. If he does well against the Frogs, well he may earn more merit from me.

Daddy D 11
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
HE GOT A HEISMAN LETTER LAST YEAR.... obviously THEY know what they're talking about and YOU'RE the dumbass.

hollywood
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
HE GOT A HEISMAN LETTER LAST YEAR.... obviously THEY know what they're talking about and YOU'RE the dumbass.

LOL! Ooookay. Has there EVER been a heisman candidate NOT pan out?

BEAST
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL! Ooookay. Has there EVER been a heisman candidate NOT pan out?

Seems like most of them dont pan out.

BEAST

LIONS#1
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
LMAO They only pick one a year and this is RG's last stand after all the hype...I predict he don't get it this year either. Pachall has a couple to go and has played behind a very good QB that will start on the next level. I say Pachall will do just fine!! Now lets call each other names!!!:1popcorn: and show how mature we really are!!LMAO:wave:

sahen
08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
LMAO They only pick one a year and this is RG's last stand after all the hype...I predict he don't get it this year either. Pachall has a couple to go and has played behind a very good QB that will start on the next level. I say Pachall will do just fine!! Now lets call each other names!!!:1popcorn: and show how mature we really are!!LMAO:wave:

Griffin has 2 years left....he doesn't have to be a Heisman winner to pan out, but the fact that he is in the conversation as a candidate would show that he has lived up to his promise so far...sure he could tank but most guys dont tank after 2 solid years in college, most of the ones that tank do it right out of high school and never pan out...

i think some people just decide to a vendetta against certain players like they do against certain teams...to not acknowledge the effect he has had on Baylor and the success he is having there is blind...he hasn't been perfect and has had some bad games but the guy is a game breaker and game changer who can score on any play that he is out there...

BaseballUmp
08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Damn you people sure do get defensive real quick...

BaseballUmp
08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Griffin has 2 years left....he doesn't have to be a Heisman winner to pan out, but the fact that he is in the conversation as a candidate would show that he has lived up to his promise so far...sure he could tank but most guys dont tank after 2 solid years in college, most of the ones that tank do it right out of high school and never pan out...

JJ...but he had the most heart and worked his tail off every single day so how dare you discredit everything he did!!!

sahen
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
JJ...but he had the most heart and worked his tail off every single day so how dare you discredit everything he did!!!

i said most not all...JJ had the curse of the Aggie senior QB working against him, dunno what it is but the Aggies QBs have a hard time producing as seniors...maybe Tannahill (dont konw the spelling) will break that this year...

jason
08-30-2011, 04:08 PM

AND

gary patterson > art briles

Sville
08-30-2011, 04:20 PM

AND

gary patterson > art briles

Bwwwwaaaaahhhaaaa!!!!

Patterson inherited a winner from Franchione.

What Briles has done at Sville, Houston, and Baylor is miraculous. Not even I thought he could take Baylor to a bowl game.

LIONS#1
08-30-2011, 04:29 PM
RG should be better at this point in his college career and has two years under his belt. RG might have two years left unless he goes (This is what I am thinking) to the next level after a good showing this year. Money Talks ya know and athletic QBs go early to the NFL or has as of late...Still say Pachall will light it up and beat Baylor and turn out to be a Ryan Mallet (with speed) kind of QB for TCU!!

Daddy D 11
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
there isn't anything to pan out with him..he got a heisman letter LAST YEAR that was awarded to him because of his play LAST YEAR. Seems to me he "panned out" pretty well in order to have received that.

i wasn't talking about speculation for this year, i was talking about what he EARNED LAST YEAR.

Daddy D 11
08-30-2011, 05:35 PM
can you tell me how he could be better at this point in his college career???

Macarthur
08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Bwwwwaaaaahhhaaaa!!!!

Patterson inherited a winner from Franchione.

What Briles has done at Sville, Houston, and Baylor is miraculous. Not even I thought he could take Baylor to a bowl game.

You really think Briles is a better coach than Patterson?

5wide
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
give me baylor in an upset. Can you imagine what it would be like on here if briles had held the same position at bwood that he did at sville???? Holy crap we would never here the end of it!!!!

trojandad
08-31-2011, 08:39 AM
give me baylor in an upset. Can you imagine what it would be like on here if briles had held the same position at bwood that he did at sville???? Holy crap we would never here the end of it!!!!

me too....while i really like the bw qb tcu has coming in, they had a seasoned 3 yr qb that was one of the best in the nation....i think patterson will pound the ball with that big line trying to turn it into a slugfest, but if baylor can quick strike and go up a score or two it sure will be pressure on a new guy to rally....its either gonna be tcu by 3 scores or baylor hanging on in the end....ill pick the latter....but ill already say im pickin tech over baylor in revenge over last years game....lol

Sville
08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
You really think Briles is a better coach than Patterson?

You betcha!

But I am just a tad biased as I played for the man.

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 09:02 AM
You betcha!

But I am just a tad biased as I played for the man.

I can certainly understand you being bias, but at some point, you have to accept the reality that virtually no athletic director in the country would pick Briles over Patterson if given the choice.

trojandad
08-31-2011, 09:32 AM
I can certainly understand you being bias, but at some point, you have to accept the reality that virtually no athletic director in the country would pick Briles over Patterson if given the choice.

while i would agree with you on choice, your making it sound like the difference is a grand canyon....you really think the difference is that huge? i dont promote briles as much as i havent been that hugely impressed with patterson.....id take patterson but not by a mile....

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 10:06 AM
while i would agree with you on choice, your making it sound like the difference is a grand canyon....you really think the difference is that huge? i dont promote briles as much as i havent been that hugely impressed with patterson.....id take patterson but not by a mile....

You haven't been impressed with the job Patterson has done at TCU?! Wow, what is your bar?

And, Look, I like Briles and think he's a pretty good coach, but let's tap the breaks a bit on last year. They beat a decent KSU team and beating UT was an accomplishment, but Colorado was really down. Those are the only 3 wins that look even reasonable. And I probably wouldn't count Colorado. So they beat a decent KSU team and a UT team that was reeling and had their worst season in about 20 years.

They lost to a very average Tech, jumped out to a lead on A&M only to get drilled in the 2nd half at home, OU hung 50+ on them at home, TCU embarrased them and they got drilled in the bowl game.

So while I agree that getting to a bowl game was a good step for them, let's slow down a bit.

TCU has been a top 10 program for the better part of a decade and played in 2 BCS game. Coming from a non-BCS conference - Do you realize how difficult that is? And you're not that impressed with what Patterson has done? All I can say is, wow.

Old Tiger
08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
You haven't been impressed with the job Patterson has done at TCU?! Wow, what is your bar?

And, Look, I like Briles and think he's a pretty good coach, but let's tap the breaks a bit on last year. They beat a decent KSU team and beating UT was an accomplishment, but Colorado was really down. Those are the only 3 wins that look even reasonable. And I probably wouldn't count Colorado. So they beat a decent KSU team and a UT team that was reeling and had their worst season in about 20 years.

They lost to a very average Tech, jumped out to a lead on A&M only to get drilled in the 2nd half at home, OU hung 50+ on them at home, TCU embarrased them and they got drilled in the bowl game.

So while I agree that getting to a bowl game was a good step for them, let's slow down a bit.

TCU has been a top 10 program for the better part of a decade and played in 2 BCS game. Coming from a non-BCS conference - Do you realize how difficult that is? And you're not that impressed with what Patterson has done? All I can say is, wow.What Patterson inherited at TCU was far greater than Briles got at Baylor.

I think both have done a remarkable job given the circumstances at each institution.

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM
What Patterson inherited at TCU was far greater than Briles got at Baylor.

I think both have done a remarkable job given the circumstances at each institution.

TCU was definately improving under Fran, but what Patterson has done has taken that thing to a whole other level.

And again, let's see what happens here in Baylor. Getting to a bowl was good, but let's see how things play out before we say Briles has 'brought that program back'. There's more to brining the program back than making a bowl appearance once per decade.

You know, one could argue that given the talent Briles has at QB, maybe Baylor has underachieved the last two seasons?

RoyceTTU
08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm with Macarthur on this one.

IMO there is a huge difference between a coach that has had BCS appearances. It takes a whole different level of coach to get the players to get to that level.

trojandad
08-31-2011, 10:30 AM

TCU has been a top 10 program for the better part of a decade and played in 2 BCS game. Coming from a non-BCS conference - Do you realize how difficult that is? And you're not that impressed with what Patterson has done? All I can say is, wow.

gotta reread, never was i wasnt impressed, i used adverbs with it, "not hugely"....i even agreed with you that patterson was best, i just asked if you really saw the gap between the two as great as you sounded...as far as briles underachieving with his qb, i completely agree, but once dalton gets a chance at the next level, i think were gonna see the same about patterson with his former qb....that guy hasnt shown what he has yet, if you ask me....(which you didnt, lol)...

Old Tiger
08-31-2011, 10:32 AM
TCU was definately improving under Fran, but what Patterson has done has taken that thing to a whole other level.

And again, let's see what happens here in Baylor. Getting to a bowl was good, but let's see how things play out before we say Briles has 'brought that program back'. There's more to brining the program back than making a bowl appearance once per decade.

You know, one could argue that given the talent Briles has at QB, maybe Baylor has underachieved the last two seasons?Well 2008 Robert Griffin was a true Freshmen and these are some of the accolades he got that year with very little talent around him.

2008 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
2008 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week(Sept 7-14)
2008 Sporting News and Rivals.com freshman first team All-American

2009 Tore ACL so Redshirted

2010 Stats
Passing: 3,501 yards 22 touchdowns 8 interceptions 67% completion percentage
Rushing: 635 rushing yards 149 attempts 8 touchdowns

Baylor Record from 2007(year prior to RGIII enrolling)
2007: 3-8
2008: 4-8 (helped get 1 more win with a team that lacked overall talent)
2009: 4-8 (started off 2-1 with RGIII but then RGIII blew ACL)
2010: 7-6 (With healthy and experience RGIII baylor got first winning season since 1995)

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Well 2008 Robert Griffin was a true Freshmen and these are some of the accolades he got that year with very little talent around him.

2008 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
2008 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week(Sept 7-14)
2008 Sporting News and Rivals.com freshman first team All-American

2009 Tore ACL so Redshirted

2010 Stats
Passing: 3,501 yards 22 touchdowns 8 interceptions 67% completion percentage
Rushing: 635 rushing yards 149 attempts 8 touchdowns

Baylor Record from 2007(year prior to RGIII enrolling)
2007: 3-8
2008: 4-8 (helped get 1 more win with a team that lacked overall talent)
2009: 4-8 (started off 2-1 with RGIII but then RGIII blew ACL)
2010: 7-6 (With healthy and experience RGIII baylor got first winning season since 1995)

I don't care about his personal stats.

I will grant the point that he was injured. Back to my point, let's see how this plays out. It's way too early to say that Briles has done anything close to what Patterson has done 'program-wise'.

Old Tiger
08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't care about his personal stats.

I will grant the point that he was injured. Back to my point, let's see how this plays out. It's way too early to say that Briles has done anything close to what Patterson has done 'program-wise'.Its really an apples and oranges comparison of these two coaches. Each took over a program that had drastic differences in sucess when each took over.

TCU was a winning team when Patterson took over (8-4 in 99 and 10-2 in 2000). Then Patterson took over before the bowl game in the 2000 season. 1998 TCU was 7-5, 1997 they were 1-10, 1996 were 4-6

The team that Briles took over last winning season was in 95. I think the most wins that Baylor had in one season before Briles was 3 or 4.

One comparison a person would make is it took a special player for each to get to where they are/are heading in terms of success. Those players being LaDainian Tomlinson for the Frogs and Robert Griffin for the Bears.

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Its really an apples and oranges comparison of these two coaches. Each took over a program that had drastic differences in sucess when each took over.

TCU was a winning team when Patterson took over (8-4 in 99 and 10-2 in 2000). Then Patterson took over before the bowl game in the 2000 season. 1998 TCU was 7-5, 1997 they were 1-10, 1996 were 4-6

The team that Briles took over last winning season was in 95. I think the most wins that Baylor had in one season before Briles was 3 or 4.

One comparison a person would make is it took a special player for each to get to where they are/are heading in terms of success. Those players being LaDainian Tomlinson for the Frogs and Robert Griffin for the Bears.

Okay, but what I'm saying is we have no idea 'where Baylor is heading'. They've had one winning season. Let's let this play out before we talk about the job Briles has done.

Old Tiger
08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Okay, but what I'm saying is we have no idea 'where Baylor is heading'. They've had one winning season. Let's let this play out before we talk about the job Briles has done.But what he has done so far has been a hell of a job and you cannot discredit him for what he has done for Baylor.

Macarthur
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
But what he has done so far has been a hell of a job and you cannot discredit him for what he has done for Baylor.

I"m not nearly as enamoured with what he's done so far as you.

Cameron Crazy
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
I have TCU coming out on top in this one, but it could be a toss up. I'm being a homer because I'm attending TCU so i guess we will see.

Daddy D 11
09-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Macarthur: Give Briles a conference full of cupcakes to play and his success would've mirrored your boy Patterson's.

Matthew328
09-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Macarthur: Give Briles a conference full of cupcakes to play and his success would've mirrored your boy Patterson's.

I dont think when Briles took over Baylor would have rolled through the Mountain West, the program was in pretty bad shape. Baylor's made some big strides but the bowl loss to Illinois still showed there's work to be done.

TCU not going to the Big 12 was the best thing that happened to them as it forced them to re-evaluate things and build from the ground up....TCU didnt fare too well against the cupcakes in 1997 though..they went 1-10..it took them making a coaching change to put the wheels in motion

hollywood
09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
An average game for RGIII against TCU defense is > than a good game by Casey against Baylor defense

Each to their own.

44INAROW
09-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Speaking of former 3a players ?

Kayron (Kaeron) Johnson - Gobbla84 plays for the Bears...... GATA Ronnie!!

Macarthur
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM

You can say that all you want, but the fact remains that TCU embarrased Baylor last year. I was at that game and it wasn't even as close as the score indicated. TCU could have beaten them by 60 if they really wanted.

BTW, I like Patterson, but I'm not a TCU alum so he's not 'my boy'.

sahen
09-01-2011, 10:16 AM

i hate this argument as it really just shows how bad the baylor adminstration botched their situation the first 10 years of the big 12, but for argument's sake to compare Briles with Patterson I think you can compare the quickness in which Briles turned UH from an 0-11 team to C-USA champs to Patterson's ability to elevate the TCU program to conference contenders quickly...obviously Patterson has done it consistantly year in and year out and Briles left UH so you can't compare that, but as far as turning programs around for the better and bringing them beyond where they were before both have a proven track record...for now i'd say Patterson is the better coach as he has a Rose Bowl title and a couple BCS appearances, but Briles is more than holding his own for now...this year will be telling for Briles to see if he can continue to improve the Bears...hopefully the big 12 stays around long enough for him to show what Baylor really has to offer, but that is out of Briles hands....

Macarthur
09-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't mean this to diss Briles, but Patterson didn't just make them 'conference contenders'. They are winning the conference and have gone to back to back BCS bowls!!!

I don't think many of you are appreciating how impressive that feat given that they're in a non-BCS conference! You need to really think about that.

sahen
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't mean this to diss Briles, but Patterson didn't just make them 'conference contenders'. They are winning the conference and have gone to back to back BCS bowls!!!

I don't think many of you are appreciating how impressive that feat given that they're in a non-BCS conference! You need to really think about that.

yes, but my point was that Briles left after winning the CUSA title while Patterson stayed so the comparison between the 2 ends there as it is impossible to know what Briles would have done with UH after he left for Baylor...if Briles can get Baylor rebuilt then we can compare if he can be as consistantly good as Patterson...for now I agree, as promising as Briles has been for Baylor (and was at UH) Patterson has the results to say he is the better coach, but that statement is fluid as Briles is not done writing his history at Baylor yet and the same can be said for Patterson and TCU...

hollywood
09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Something to consider... both Briles and Patterson are great coaches... the staff, athletes, and Universities behind each are the difference.

trojandad
09-01-2011, 03:01 PM

well i dont want you to add anymore exclamation points on my account <lol> but some of us outsiders look at them attending these bowls simply by going undefeated in a conference far comparitively weaker than the one baylor plays in as not the feat you seem to feel it is, they won all their games in a weaker league and only then do they get this bcs title that you seem to be wanting to put on the same level as, for instance, an sec school by going through their battles to get there......so while the pay day was good, the road there seems to me to be much less of a feat than the good job they did winning the game....but that could just be me.....

LionFan72
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM

At present, I have to agree with Mac on this one. Not to say that Briles is horse radish, but he still has a way to go. Seems that I remember some lil ole' Boise State taking it to Big Ole Alabama just recently, so lighten the jabs a little. That being said, I do not like the BCS scheme of things anyway, the way to prove who the champion is to line them up and play the game.

LHPfactory
09-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Dont Know if anyone mentioned the other 3A talent on this big thread, but TCU also has to LB Tank Carder (Sweeney) and Kicker Ross Evans (Burnet). I say TCU beats em if they keep Griffin contained.

BEAST
09-02-2011, 02:41 PM
well i dont want you to add anymore exclamation points on my account <lol> but some of us outsiders look at them attending these bowls simply by going undefeated in a conference far comparitively weaker than the one baylor plays in as not the feat you seem to feel it is, they won all their games in a weaker league and only then do they get this bcs title that you seem to be wanting to put on the same level as, for instance, an sec school by going through their battles to get there......so while the pay day was good, the road there seems to me to be much less of a feat than the good job they did winning the game....but that could just be me.....

What you say is correct and I would agree if they got to a BCS game and got hammered. However, the beat Wisconsin and finished #2 in the land. I for one have loved to see them get a shot at Auburn.

BEAST

hollywood
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Dont Know if anyone mentioned the other 3A talent on this big thread, but TCU also has to LB Tank Carder (Sweeney) and Kicker Ross Evans (Burnet). I say TCU beats em if they keep Griffin contained.

Good points. I think Griffin will have a good game, but not good enough. TCU's D will be too strong and fast.

trojandad
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
What you say is correct and I would agree if they got to a BCS game and got hammered. However, the beat Wisconsin and finished #2 in the land. I for one have loved to see them get a shot at Auburn.

BEAST

me too, i am a huge tcu fan....his point was that tcu proved themselves to be better than baylor simply because they made it to 2 bcs bowls (or one coach proved himself better because of that)....my point was making it undeated to those bcs bowls werent nearly the accomplishment to me as winning once there, and that they had a lesser challenge making it to a bcs bowl with their lack of competition than baylor did making it to a lesser bowl.....

Txbroadcaster
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
While I like Patterson he did not turn TCU around..he took over a 10-2 team he continued what Fran had started

Cowboy_Up
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Edna's DJ Yendrey will be starting on the frogs D line. DJ played in every game as a true freshman and last year as a soph he started the last five games. Among TCU returners DJ is second in sacks to Tank and this may be a breakout year for the big guy. Don't find many 6'4" 285lb guys who also ran a leg on a 3A regional sprint relay. DJ can scoot for a big fella.

Emerson1
09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I contribute all of Pachall's talent to his badass tattoos.

Looking4number8
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
so far this is a score fest! 27-23 baylor with 11 minutes to go in 2nd quarter

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
wow, baylor looks pretty dang good on offense. I'm a little more concerned about them.

Txbroadcaster
09-02-2011, 08:57 PM
wow, baylor looks pretty dang good on offense. I'm a little more concerned about them.

yea glad that the Griff kid is so overrated

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 09:00 PM
yea glad that the Griff kid is so overrated

I'm just suprised the rest of the team is playing with him. I didn't doubt griff, I doubted the team. I hope tubbs has something for them

eagles_victory
09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Here come the Frogs

trojandad
09-02-2011, 10:07 PM
whats the score, i cant see the game where i am....

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:08 PM
39-47 bears. 10 min left. baylor has the ball. punting it away though to the frogs

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:15 PM
45-47 2 pt conversion to come

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:17 PM
failed to 2 pt 7 min left

eagles_victory
09-02-2011, 10:17 PM
failed to 2 pt You have got to catch that.

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
rgIII fumbled the ball tcu got it back

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
You have got to catch that.
+1 very poor

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
baylor in field goal range

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
48-47 tcu. 440 left. came back from 24 points.

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
bears in field goal range now 230 left

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
50-48 bears with 100 left

Roughneck93
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow! Didn't expect this game to still be on. What a game!

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:40 PM
18 sec left sitting with a 57 yrd field goal. 2nd down

RoyceTTU
09-02-2011, 10:42 PM
furk, pachall threw a pick at the end. baylor wins

Emerson1
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Good points. I think Griffin will have a good game, but not good enough. TCU's D will be too strong and fast.
I laughed.

trojandad
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
furk, pachall threw a pick at the end. baylor wins

yea but what a game by the kid.....

Tin Cup
09-02-2011, 10:46 PM
yea but what a game by the kid.....

That pick was the same as an incomplete pass. Tried to force it bc he had to.

Phil C
09-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I saw the last part and it was terrific. It must have been a great game with big offensive plays. Well done by both teams especially the Bears to pull it out.

trojandad
09-02-2011, 11:01 PM
if baylor can quick strike and go up a score or two it sure will be pressure on a new guy to rally....its either gonna be tcu by 3 scores or baylor hanging on in the end....ill pick the latter....

hate to brag too loud, but AHEM!!!! lol

trojandad
09-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think there's any way in hell Baylor wins.

thats hell on line two, buddy ROFL

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Why of course, about as good of a chance as me winning the lottery.
I'd go buy a ticket, if I were you!!!!!!

LionFan72
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
i KNEW youd work casey in there....lol....your probably right, tho....

I'd go buy a ticket, if I were you!!!!!!

Damn fine game, and yes, LHPM, on my way to lottery central, hope the heck it works, I'll contribute a healthy sum to the board so we can quit groveling and get on with some football.

It was a heck of a game, great game by both Qb's, not so great for the defenses!

Trojandad, you the man, called this sucker on the money! May be your lucky day too, go buy you a ticket!

Daddy D 11
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
......RGIII for heisman

Emerson1
09-04-2011, 10:53 AM
......RGIII for heisman
I wonder if he meets Hollywood's standards yet? He has been kind of quiet.

Daddy D 11
09-04-2011, 11:04 AM
LOL.

Hey Emerson, figured you'd laugh at this one: As i rushed the field, i got sucker punched in the stomach by a TCU athletic trainer. Bunch of classy SOB's they are.

Sville
09-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Patterson's defense got out-coached.

Emerson1
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
LOL.

Hey Emerson, figured you'd laugh at this one: As i rushed the field, i got sucker punched in the stomach by a TCU athletic trainer. Bunch of classy SOB's they are.
I think they felt overwhelmed by all 100 Baylor fans that actually went to the game.

AngeloState39
09-04-2011, 02:33 PM
As i rushed the field, i got sucker punched in the stomach by a TCU athletic trainer.a bridgeport grad is a trainer at TCU, between the LH/Bport game in 08' and now this upset, it wouldnt suprise me if it was him.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
.......rg3 4 heisman

1st and goal
09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
LOL.

If I remember right, you ain't one to sit back and take it.....So, what happened next?

slpybear the bullfan
09-06-2011, 08:45 AM
a bridgeport grad is a trainer at TCU, between the LH/Bport game in 08' and now this upset, it wouldnt suprise me if it was him.

*rolling my eyes*

Macarthur
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Great game and good win for the Bears.

Old Tiger
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
hate to brag too loud, but AHEM!!!! lolWell you never picked later so therefore that isn't your official prediction.