PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how Orangfield did this past Friday?

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Seeing how the game with Coldspring is setting up.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Seeing how the game with Coldspring is setting up.

the chronicle quit carrying their stats this year so i dont know what happened aside from the 2 pt win over east chambers...will post if i find....looks like the crockett game is shaping up to be our toughest game early....

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 07:08 AM
the chronicle quit carrying their stats this year so i dont know what happened aside from the 2 pt win over east chambers...will post if i find....looks like the crockett game is shaping up to be our toughest game early....
I want to go to the Coldspring/Crockett game but im not sure if im gonna be able to make that one. Something came up and I have to stick around the DFW area until 4 that day, dont know if I can make it to Crockett in time for kickoff. Was thinking about coming down to Coldspring for CS/Orangefield instead.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:12 AM
I want to go to the Coldspring/Crockett game but im not sure if im gonna be able to make that one. Something came up and I have to stick around the DFW area until 4 that day, dont know if I can make it to Crockett in time for kickoff. Was thinking about coming down to Coldspring for CS/Orangefield instead.

they were the first game we rolled last year, getting gilbert back, they had no answer for us and our defense was really tough that game.....after that they showed so good in their district and surprised the heck outta me....they almost came back and beat silsbee for that 3rd spot....i dont know if we were that good or they just got it together and became a better team....

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 07:19 AM
they were the first game we rolled last year, getting gilbert back, they had no answer for us and our defense was really tough that game.....after that they showed so good in their district and surprised the heck outta me....they almost came back and beat silsbee for that 3rd spot....i dont know if we were that good or they just got it together and became a better team....
Im not expecting to see a great game or anything. Heck, most times I drive 8 hours and see a thumpin so its no biggie if Coldspring wipes the field with them. Ill keep an eye out for ya when I get there!

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Im not expecting to see a great game or anything. Heck, most times I drive 8 hours and see a thumpin so its no biggie if Coldspring wipes the field with them. Ill keep an eye out for ya when I get there!

your mouth to Gods ear.....felicia has a killer class late fri afternoons this semester and i have 5 am sat morn dialysis.....some games are gonna be tough...will buy the first concession round if i do, tho.....im hopin to see another round of defense like last fri, that was scary....remember, our defensive coach was head coach at orangefield before barbay convinced him to come over, and he stayed this year on coldspring wages because he saw this defense comin this year.....hubba hubba.....

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 07:35 AM
your mouth to Gods ear.....felicia has a killer class late fri afternoons this semester and i have 5 am sat morn dialysis.....some games are gonna be tough...will buy the first concession round if i do, tho.....im hopin to see another round of defense like last fri, that was scary....remember, our defensive coach was head coach at orangefield before barbay convinced him to come over, and he stayed this year on coldspring wages because he saw this defense comin this year.....hubba hubba.....
Nice! Love to see a good D. Only way I was able to sit thru Idalou/Lexington last year, SALTY denfense!

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:38 AM
hey, question....a receiver breaks away on a 55 yd pass play and scores....is that considered a 1st down in the stats?

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 07:48 AM
hey, question....a receiver breaks away on a 55 yd pass play and scores....is that considered a 1st down in the stats?
Im not a stat guy but I believe that does count as a first down.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Im not a stat guy but I believe that does count as a first down.

ok, was trying to figure how they got 5 first downs, cause i only saw 4 (two on penalties by us) but if that one play was one then that makes 5....even with the subs we gave up minus 11 yards rushing, and 23 passing outside of that one play when two defenders collided....if k'ville turns around this week and routs newton im gonna be even more impressed....

Gsquared
08-30-2011, 07:58 AM
ok, was trying to figure how they got 5 first downs, cause i only saw 4 (two on penalties by us) but if that one play was one then that makes 5....even with the subs we gave up minus 11 yards rushing, and 23 passing outside of that one play when two defenders collided....if k'ville turns around this week and routs newton im gonna be even more impressed....
Yikes, thats scary numbers!!!!!

trojandad
08-30-2011, 08:03 AM
id love to say its us but k'ville ran at chance andries, our nose guy, so much he had almost 20 tackles, they couldnt move him but kept trying...i didnt get the play calling...they didnt handle their corners on sweeps, just SO much different from seeing them last year, though i tell you they are just as big as last year.....oh well....maybe alvarez saw this coming before jumping ship, who knows?