PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Yoakum

hookandladder
08-30-2011, 06:15 AM
La Grange coming off a loss to Lockhart and Yoakum coming off a win against Columbus, Who your pick.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 06:42 AM
i sure hate pickin against my old sausage eatin buddy pud, but lagrange has to go some or theyre gonna be 0-2 to start...

zebrablue2
08-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Leps will come alive this week to get 1st win of the season. La Grange by 14...

Pudlugger
08-30-2011, 08:32 AM
i sure hate pickin against my old sausage eatin buddy pud, but lagrange has to go some or theyre gonna be 0-2 to start...

Well, I do think the leps need to shape up if they want to win some games this year. First off they need to show some fire in the belly. Maybe it was the heat last Friday night but when they came onto the field they just looked lackadaisical. It was hot on both sides of the field though. They seemed to be in command for the first 20 minutes of play then they lost the momentum after turning the ball over on the 17 with a fumble. They are a young team and the emotional element may be a factor here. The O line is big and should be controlling the line of scrimmage but they did not do that last week. The Lions blitzed all night with 8 players in the box and the Leps couldn't pick them up to give #18 Vinklarek some time to pick out open receivers. This undoubtedly will be addressed and hopefully they will have an answer for that Friday in Yoakum. As for the receivers, with the exception on a terrific sideline catch by #9 Bunch, they dropped several passes that were in the numbers. Again young players mistakes that should improve with time and more confidence. The defense gave up too many yards on first down last Friday. The linebackers played 5 yards back but with the slot t the down lineman have trouble following the ball. Best thing to do is for the lbs to look for the hole and fill it fast rather than wait for the ball carrier to emerge from the line of scrimmage. I don't know what type of offense the Bulldogs run but the Lep defense does much better against the spread or pro set offense than the slot t. Hopefully they will make adjustments and get the win Friday. I'll stick my neck out and say Leps by 2 tds.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Well, I do think the leps need to shape up if they want to win some games this year. First off they need to show some fire in the belly. Maybe it was the heat last Friday night but when they came onto the field they just looked lackadaisical. It was hot on both sides of the field though. They seemed to be in command for the first 20 minutes of play then they lost the momentum after turning the ball over on the 17 with a fumble. They are a young team and the emotional element may be a factor here. The O line is big and should be controlling the line of scrimmage but they did not do that last week. The Lions blitzed all night with 8 players in the box and the Leps couldn't pick them up to give #18 Vinklarek some time to pick out open receivers. This undoubtedly will be addressed and hopefully they will have an answer for that Friday in Yoakum. As for the receivers, with the exception on a terrific sideline catch by #9 Bunch, they dropped several passes that were in the numbers. Again young players mistakes that should improve with time and more confidence. The defense gave up too many yards on first down last Friday. The linebackers played 5 yards back but with the slot t the down lineman have trouble following the ball. Best thing to do is for the lbs to look for the hole and fill it fast rather than wait for the ball carrier to emerge from the line of scrimmage. I don't know what type of offense the Bulldogs run but the Lep defense does much better against the spread or pro set offense than the slot t. Hopefully they will make adjustments and get the win Friday. I'll stick my neck out and say Leps by 2 tds.

thats something to hear....lagrange usually isnt one you get on to about not having fire in the belly, but if you say it i believe you, your their biggest fan....thats not usually a problem with you guys, to say the least.....

hookandladder
08-30-2011, 10:40 AM

Would have have to agree Pud, to much walking around. I gave mind an ear full about that, need to pick up the pace. Also for this offense to work we are going to have to see some major improvement in the running game,hopefully the players that did not play last week will make us better on both sides of the ball. We were missing our MLB and one on the OL, both should make big difference this week. Need to see some improvement this week, also I have to give credit to the Lockhart team which was much improved from last year.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Yoakum will run multiple set's/formations on offense and the "D" mixes it up too. Never know what your gonna get and when. Nightmare to pre-plan for this year.

It's business time at practice, and no Columbus win carry-over. We must improve daily. Shore up those weeknesses we noted Friday. Starting this past Saturday, it was all about the talented and tough LaGrange team that arrives at Bulldog Stadium looking for it's first win. Yoakum needs to reclaim, "this is our house" attitude it once had, and fly around crazy hitting anything that moves. Turnovers will once again be the key here.

Relentless rabid Dogs win this one,

Yoakum 24
LaGrange 13

buff4ever
08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I think that Yoakum is going to have it a little more together for this game and win by 10.

jrhernandez7
08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
The leps. Bounce back with a vegence an get back on track with a 7pt win

Roughneck93
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm pulling for La Grange but I think Yoakum comes away with the win. By 7 points.

YTBulldogs
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
We might have a southpaw QB play a quarter or two Friday. He ran the "O" yesterday against our defense, and looked good. Little slow a foot, but--chunks well. Think they might just wanna give him a look in game action. Dunno.

29-3aFAN
08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Dogs by 4

playnhurt
09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
This one will be a good game to watch. I'm picking the Bulldogs by 3.

hookandladder
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Last year La Grange beat Yoakum like 41 to 13, so what do most think has Yoakum improved that much or has La Grange dropped off that much. Being at Yoakum this year I feel it should be a good game however I do feel we should come out on top.

Pudlugger
09-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Last year La Grange beat Yoakum like 41 to 13, so what do most think has Yoakum improved that much or has La Grange dropped off that much. Being at Yoakum this year I feel it should be a good game however I do feel we should come out on top.

I agree Hook, the Leps have plenty of raw talent and just need to gel as a team. Despite the loss last week there were a number of bright spots in the game. The Leps need this win badly to get some momentum going forward into a very tough schedule. I'm confident the coaches will have them ready to play tomorrow night and they will play 48 minutes like they did the first 20 minutes last week. If they do that they will win big. I suspect that the older players and seniors will step up to the leadership roll and the team win coalesce around them. Yoakum is always tough to beat and they have us home so get ready for a hard fought game. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Series in review was posted in the Yoakum Herald-Times.

1939 Yoakum 34, LaGrange 0
1940 Yoakum 39, LaGrange 0
1941 LaGrange 6, Yoakum 0
1942 Yoakum 20, LaGrange 0
1943 Yoakum 6, LaGrange 0
1944 Yoakum 16, LaGrange 6
1951 LaGrange 14, Yoakum 12
1952 Yoakum 33, LaGrange 14
1956 Yoakum 27, LaGrange 7
1957 LaGrange 41, Yoakum 0
1958 Yoakum 28, LaGrange 0
1959 LaGrange 14, Yoakum 8
1972 LaGrange 20, Yoakum 6
1973 LaGrange 32, Yoakum 0
1982 Yoakum 14, LaGrange 13
1983 Yoakum 19, LaGrange 14
1984 Yoakum 6, LaGrange 6
1985 Yoakum 34, LaGrange 8
1986 LaGrange 14, Yoakum 0
1987 LaGrange 46, Yoakum 15
*2000 LaGrange 49, Yoakum 22
2002 Yoakum 28, LaGrange 6
2003 Yoakum 27, LaGrange 23
2006 LaGrange 30, Yoakum 22
2007 LaGrange 21, Yoakum 0
2008 LaGrange 47, Youakum 21
2009 LaGrange 26, Yoakum 0
2010 LaGrange 43, Yoakum 14

(LaGrange leads series 14-13-1)

*-denotes regional playoff game in 2000

YTBulldogs
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM

I don't think LaGrange has dropped a bit. Lockhart has a solid club this year. The Lep's will be fine this season. Yoakum however, has improved over last year for sure and will make a game out of this. Least amount of TO's win this one late IMO. And, it will be my Dogs.

Snotbubbles
09-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Looking over the past games in this series, I see there has been 11 games in which someone didn't score.

The "D" of both teams, better start off out the gate. Take a drive off, could be the deciding factor here.