PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 1 GotW: Bellville(1-0) Vs. Lockhart(1-0)

Yoe_09
08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Bellville is coming off of a big 63-14 win over Caldwell. Lockhart also picked up a good win over a quality La Grange team, 34-9. Thoughts on this one?

Poll:
1. Bellville
2. Lockhart

Red Bull
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
I think Bellville will take this one in a close battle. Both teams appear to be much improved from last season when Bellville won this contest easily. Coach Rowe will have the boys prepared and ready for this early season road trip.

trojandad
08-30-2011, 07:35 AM
bellville.....but if lockhart won it wouldnt surprise me an ounce....

hey, yoe_09, how do you see your game? i voted that way....

Pudlugger
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Bellville comes off an impressive win against Caldwell. Lockhart is way better this year than last year though. They have good size, speed and execution going for them. They had no turnovers against the Leps with only the high snap into the endzone for a safety early in the first quarter to mar an otherwise clean game. They run the ball mostly and the qb has a weak arm so the Bulls should stack the box and get after them. They don't have a good kicker and went for two making 3 out of 5 attempts last Friday. If the Bulls can stop their powerful slot t offense they get the win. The Lions will probably make the playoffs this year and are a much stronger opponent then a down Caldwell team so Bellville needs to be ready to play. I'll say Lockhart by 14.

buff4ever
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
I take bellville in a very close game, LG is going to start showing concern after a yoakum and bellville win this week.

OLE'BULL
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Defense will be critical in this match up. Both offenses seem to be running the ball extrememly well, but are both a little weaker in the passing game. I would like to see a low scoring Defensive battle with the BRAHMAS coming out on top 14-10. Go Bulls!

R3Editor
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
tttt

Bull's-eye
08-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Bellville has shown in both scrimmages, plus their first game, that they have the ability to move the ball on the ground. One of the things that I noticed, the FB running between the tackles (first option of the Slot-T), Bellville has been having a lot of success. Once defenses adjust to stop the FB, this will open up the outside running. I see this as being a key factor going against Lockhart's big line. Lockhart had good success running the ball against LG, but what worries me the most, they limited the Leps to 44 yds rushing on 26 attempts. If Bellville doesn't get their ground game going early, look for them to go to the air. Also, noticed that Lockhart went for two after every TD, do they struggle with their kicking or was that by design?

YTBulldogs
08-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I dern sure love what Bellville has done under their new coach/system. The kids believe and are motivated once again in that great town. Was nice watching them, wide eyed and fired up when we scrimmaged them. You sense something positive taking over there IMO.

This game will be back in forth I believe, and I know for a fact, Bellville is in shape and will pull it out late, 20-14.

Roughneck93
08-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Going with Bellville in very close game.

zebrablue2
08-31-2011, 09:53 PM
The Bulls speed steals a W, 35-27!!!

hookandladder
09-01-2011, 06:03 AM
I take bellville in a very close game, LG is going to start showing concern after a yoakum and bellville win this week.

You could be right however I think this week most will find out just how well coached Lockhart is with some talent talent on both sides of the ball, turnovers will be the key to this game. I think Lockhart is a much improved team this year and will move to 2- 0 with a solid win over Bellville.

Old QB
09-01-2011, 12:58 PM
You could be right however I think this week most will find out just how well coached Lockhart is with some talent talent on both sides of the ball, turnovers will be the key to this game. I think Lockhart is a much improved team this year and will move to 2- 0 with a solid win over Bellville.

Bellville is really going to open some eyes after this game. They'll win by 14...

hookandladder
09-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Bellville is really going to open some eyes after this game. They'll win by 14...

Our game last week with Lockhart changed when we had a shot at going up 16 to zip, after that Lockhart took momentum and it carried over to the 2nd half. If Bellville does beat Lockhart , you guy's will definitely be one of the favorite's in your District. If Lockhart plays the way they did last week, they will be hard to beat. Go Luck.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Our game last week with Lockhart changed when we had a shot at going up 16 to zip, after that Lockhart took momentum and it carried over to the 2nd half. If Bellville does beat Lockhart , you guy's will definitely be one of the favorite's in your District. If Lockhart plays the way they did last week, they will be hard to beat. Go Luck.

Are we sure that Lockhart is that good or maybe LG could be having a down year? Same could be asked about Bellville, have the Brahmas improved that much or is Caldwell really down? Also, Bellville looked very good in a scrimmage vs Yoakum. The Bulldogs just defeated what suppose to be a good Columbus team, so maybe Bellville does have the making of a good team. We should know more after these two teams play, plus the outcome of the LG/Yoakum game.

Football DAD
09-01-2011, 06:29 PM
All these questions will be answered on Friday. I think Bellville will take it.

zebrablue2
09-01-2011, 11:16 PM
best of luck to the bulls. play hard, and bring home a W!!!

Football DAD
09-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Bellville 7-0

rancher
09-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Bellville 21 Lockhart 6 late 4th

Football DAD
09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Bellville 21-6 the end

Brahma84
09-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Stats from the Chronicle were very close. Bellville had 260 total yards and Lockhart had 258. However, Lockhart fumbled 6 times losing 4, and had 8 penalties for 87 yards. Looks like a good win for the Brahmas. Congrats!!

Football DAD
09-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Glad to see they made some adjustments during the half. #4 is doing a damn good job at QB, those two throws were right on the money. I hope they go into to pratice and make some adjustments were need and come out firing next friday. Great Job Bellville.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2011, 01:53 AM
If Bellville does beat Lockhart , you guy's will definitely be one of the favorite's in your District.

Bellville 21
Lockhart 6

Bellville gets the win over a big & physical Lockhart team. The Brahmas used their quickness & toughness to gut out a win over the Lions. The Bellville defense came up with several key stops, including a 12 yard fumble return for their first TD. Bellville opened the game with what looked like a safety on the opening kick off, but the officials gave the Lions the ball on the one inch line. Bellville lead 7-0 at the half, but had a chance to be up 10-0 as a late FG attempt missed to the left. Bellville struck quickly in the 3rd qtr as QB Reese scored on a 45 yard run to make the score 14-0. Bellville's 3rd score came early in the 4th qtr, a beautiful 23 yd pass in the left corner of the endzone from Reese to Cody Brown. The Lions answered with a long drive, scoring on a 31 yd run play to make the score 21-6 Bellville. The Brahmas offense needed to kill 8 minutes, but two straight penalties & a blocked punt gave Lockhart the ball deep in Bellville territory. The Bellville defense once again rose to the occasion, holding the Lions on 4 downs to preserve the win. Great win for the Bulls over a good physical Lockhart team. The Lions did lose 4 fumbles, but several bone-jarring tackles by the Bellville defense had something to do with those turnovers.

zebrablue2
09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Congrats to the Bulls! Most said we would win only 2 games this season, already matched that, with a good chance to make the playoffs. I know its only two games and a long season, but I like the direction this team and coaching staff is headed...

Bull's-eye
09-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Congrats to the Bulls! Most said we would win only 2 games this season, already matched that, with a good chance to make the playoffs. I know its only two games and a long season, but I like the direction this team and coaching staff is headed...

Agree zebrablue2, the new coach has definitely got the Bulls heading in the right directions. I did notice a few changes in a couple of positions, #10 played more at middle LB (he really stood out in the early scrimmages) & #68 played more on the defensive line, giving the Brahmas a little more size on defense. We also watched #5 get more carries out of the FB position. I'm curious to see what they do at QB, #4 has done a great job filling in for the injured starter & has shown he can lead this team. IMO, too much talent to keep one of these boys on the sidelines, #11 looks like he would make a big target in the passing game.

hookandladder
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Bellville 21
Lockhart 6

Bellville gets the win over a big & physical Lockhart team. The Brahmas used their quickness & toughness to gut out a win over the Lions. The Bellville defense came up with several key stops, including a 12 yard fumble return for their first TD. Bellville opened the game with what looked like a safety on the opening kick off, but the officials gave the Lions the ball on the one inch line. Bellville lead 7-0 at the half, but had a chance to be up 10-0 as a late FG attempt missed to the left. Bellville struck quickly in the 3rd qtr as QB Reese scored on a 45 yard run to make the score 14-0. Bellville's 3rd score came early in the 4th qtr, a beautiful 23 yd pass in the left corner of the endzone from Reese to Cody Brown. The Lions answered with a long drive, scoring on a 31 yd run play to make the score 21-6 Bellville. The Brahmas offense needed to kill 8 minutes, but two straight penalties & a blocked punt gave Lockhart the ball deep in Bellville territory. The Bellville defense once again rose to the occasion, holding the Lions on 4 downs to preserve the win. Great win for the Bulls over a good physical Lockhart team. The Lions did lose 4 fumbles, but several bone-jarring tackles by the Bellville defense had something to do with those turnovers.

Bellville's new coach seems to definitely have the kids working and playing hard, Lockhart pretty much played a perfect game against us. Looks like that did not happen last night with 4 lost fumbles and a number of penalties, Bellville took advantage of Lockhart's mistake's. Bellville should be one of the teams to beat in their District, A Good one for Bellville.

trg
09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Way to go Bulls. I am so proud of ya'll. Keep up the hard work. "Expect Victory"

Bull's-eye
09-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Lockhart pretty much played a perfect game against us. Looks like that did not happen last night with 4 lost fumbles and a number of penalties, Bellville took advantage of Lockhart's mistake's. Bellville should be one of the teams to beat in their District, A Good one for Bellville.

I see it a little differently, Lockhart totally dominated LG in the trenches, rushing for 369 yds compared to only 44 for the Leps. Yes, they didn't have the 4 fumbles lost & the penalties like in this game, but I believe that Bellville had something to do with that & provided them with a much tougher test. Some penalties are mental, but a lot of them result from getting beat by your opponent. Most lineman don't hold unless their man is defeating them at the point of attack. Some turnovers are also mental, but hard hitting, attacking pressure & great defense will lead to fumbles & interceptions. Lockhart also had a few frustration penalties, one was a personal foul after their defender got beat for a TD. Bellville also had their share of penalties (7), but several of them were the mental type (illegal procedures). Bellville did lose a fumble inside the Lions 20 yard line that cost them some points and also had a punt blocked deep in their endzone.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I remember a few years ago when we played Barbers Hill, they seemed to always benefit from turnovers. Usually their opponent would match them on stats, so I falsely assumed they were just getting "lucky". After watching them play, their luck was being created from them being physical & laying the wood. Bellville's defense scored on a fumble return, but I will tell you what the stats don't. The Bellville DE busted through the line & "crushed" the QB, thus causing the ball to fall helplessly out of his hands. What I'm trying to say, Lockhart didn't just drop the ball, there was a reason why they had some of those turnovers.

The Bull #40
09-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Congratulations to the Brahmas on another win. Already as many wins as last season total. I think this years team is definitely headed in the right direction under the command of Grady Rowe. His players seem to be more enthusiastic and crisp than last year's players. I believe the running game is the key to the Brahma's success as they need to continue to run their speedy backs behind the big O-Line and their defense is also flying to the ball and using their speed to their advantage despite their lack of size. All in all, i think the Bulls are going to be the dark horse in their district. I'm excited to see the cuero game next week, I can't wait to watch some more Brahma Football at the Pasture of Pain.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

Bull's-eye
09-04-2011, 09:01 AM
The Bellville team has now scored 84 points in their first two games, only 6 shy of last season's total of 90. Looking forward to playing Cuero, should be a great game.

Football DAD
09-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Your right I like to see them put a little more size up on the line occasionally. #68 and #76 caused some trouble for their offensive line. If they can cause havoc in the interior line that will make them have to run it outside.