PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Gourode

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=17372767-B3B4-D67F-FFC1CBC78F63D9D6

Phil C
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
:eek::confused::(

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
overrated...guess he didn't have no trade value.

Cam
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
who??

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Gurode was a solid player no doubt, but it's time for him to go. I think he had hearing issues..especially in louder stadiums. Anyone remember the game in Buffalo a few seasons back with numerous snaps that Romo wasn't ready for? The Boys were lucky to win that game..

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Gurode was a solid player no doubt, but it's time for him to go. I think he had hearing issues..especially in louder stadiums. Anyone remember the game in Buffalo a few seasons back with numerous snaps that Romo wasn't ready for? The Boys were lucky to win that game..

I know Flozell is near deaf in one year so maybe Gurode does as well

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I know Flozell is near deaf in one year so maybe Gurode does as wellThe low number of false starts and bad snaps so far is quite refreshing..

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I know Flozell is near deaf in one year so maybe Gurode does as well

EAR i meant lol

LIONS#1
08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
They are on a diet!!:)

Farmersfan
08-30-2011, 08:35 AM
I like the movement towards some younger players IF these players can play. If not the Cowboy's O-line will truly be horrible like some of you have been saying for years. (even though it was ranked pretty high in the NFL). So far in the preseason it seems the younger boys will not be so much of a downturn in talent but that is preseason. I honestly think the Cowboys will miss L. Davis worst than any other player lost this season. Fat and Lazy for sure but just his presence on the line made them formidable.

Txbroadcaster
08-30-2011, 08:40 AM
I like the movement towards some younger players IF these players can play. If not the Cowboy's O-line will truly be horrible like some of you have been saying for years. (even though it was ranked pretty high in the NFL). So far in the preseason it seems the younger boys will not be so much of a downturn in talent but that is preseason. I honestly think the Cowboys will miss L. Davis worst than any other player lost this season. Fat and Lazy for sure but just his presence on the line made them formidable.

if Davis was so important then why is he still unsigned?

i said it on a thread earlier..I think dallas is in a small rebuild mode..not dropping to 4-12 or anything, but I think garrett finally convinced Jones that team is not a SB talent team and it was time to make some changes..thank god Jones listened

Farmersfan
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
if Davis was so important then why is he still unsigned?

i said it on a thread earlier..I think dallas is in a small rebuild mode..not dropping to 4-12 or anything, but I think garrett finally convinced Jones that team is not a SB talent team and it was time to make some changes..thank god Jones listened

"Thank God Jones Listened" only if the team gets better. But their lack of Superbowl success in recent years has stemmed from the organization and culture rather than talent. Reducing talent isn't the answer unless the replacement is also just as talented. Nagy, Smith and Arkin might be just as talented as the O-linemen that just left but if the culture inside Valley Ranch doesn't change to reflect a DEMAND for performance then these guys will be half-assin' it too in a few years.

Txbroadcaster
08-30-2011, 08:52 AM
"Thank God Jones Listened" only if the team gets better. But their lack of Superbowl success in recent years has stemmed from the organization and culture rather than talent. Reducing talent isn't the answer unless the replacement is also just as talented. Nagy, Smith and Arkin might be just as talented as the O-linemen that just left but if the culture inside Valley Ranch doesn't change to reflect a DEMAND for performance then these guys will be half-assin' it too in a few years.

u claim it is talent..but I like what John Madden said a couple of days ago on Sirrus radio...people think because they have the Cowboy star that means they are one of the best when they are not..and i agree..the OL and defense has let Dallas Down more times than not the last few years, but because they played for Dallas people pumped them up bigger than they actually were

and i think the cutting of Gurode and davis show that rep means nothing, only performance

Farmersfan
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
u claim it is talent..but I like what John Madden said a couple of days ago on Sirrus radio...people think because they have the Cowboy star that means they are one of the best when they are not..and i agree..the OL and defense has let Dallas Down more times than not the last few years, but because they played for Dallas people pumped them up bigger than they actually were

and i think the cutting of Gurode and davis show that rep means nothing, only performance

Except right now 1 + 1 doesn't add up to 2 at Valley Ranch these days. A lot of people are claiming Gurode was cut because of performance and this Dallas team has a new attitude and will expect performance from it's players yet there arestill a lot of underachievers on this payroll. We will see in the long run if anything has changed but I suspect it is all window dressing and the move to get younger was more of a money thing than anything else. I might be surprised but IMHO the Cowboys have made their team way, way less competitive with the moves they have made (or not made) this offseason. This is a much weaker receiving corp now and with the younger O-line they will depend on their receivers a lot more. Should be an interesting season though.