PDA

View Full Version : Is it against the rules

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
to post a new article about a player?

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
"new" article or news article? If it's in the papers then it's already public for whoever cares...post away.

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM

March 31: Possession of less than 2 ounces of ********* in Goliad County

June 10: Possession of 2 to 4 ounces of ********* in a drug-free zone, Cuero

August 24: Forgery financial instrument, Cuero

While Trent Jackson's former teammates at Cuero were getting ready to depart for their season-opening football game at Wimberley on Friday, he was being bailed out of the DeWitt County Jail.

Jackson, 17, was arrested Wednesday on three counts of forgery financial instruments, with bond for each count set at $10,000.

The all-state running back for the Gobblers who set school rushing records his freshman and sophomore years has been arrested three times in the last five months.

Jackson was arrested on misdemeanor possession of ********* charges in Goliad County on March 31.

He was arrested on felony possession of ********* in a drug free-zone charges in Cuero on June 10.

Capt. Steven Ellis of the Cuero Police Department said Jackson was arrested on the forgery charges after trying to cash some checks at a Cuero bank.

"He passed checks he wasn't authorized to pass," said Ellis, who worked with investigator Israel Galindo on the case.

Ellis said the violations took place from Aug. 14 through Aug. 18.

DeWitt County Sheriff Jode Zavesky said Jackson was released from custody when his attorney posted bond on Friday morning.

Jackson has not practiced with the football team this season.

Cuero athletic director and head football coach Rick Owens said Jackson would not rejoin the team until his legal issues were resolved.

Jackson set school records by rushing for 1,436 yards as a freshman, and 2,526 yards as a sophomore.

He set a Cuero single-game rushing record as a junior by gaining 385 yards against Calhoun.

Jackson tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the next game and missed the rest of the season.

Jackson has rushed for 4,851 yards and 64 touchdowns during his Cuero career.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2011/aug/26/mf_jackson_082711_150195/?print

pirate4state
08-29-2011, 10:57 AM
The rule is against bashing the student-athlete. Simply posting the article is not against the rules, but if you post it people will discuss it.

This is tragic. Wasted talent...

Bullaholic
08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Sure hope there is a mentor out there somewhere that may be able to work with and save this talented kid gone bad. Tragic, indeed.

lostaussie
08-29-2011, 12:09 PM

Cuero athletic director and head football coach Rick Owens said Jackson would not rejoin the team until his legal issues were resolved.

[/url]:clap::clap:

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
:clap::clap: He has been arrested on felonies we shouldn't be praising the coach this should be expected.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
:clap::clap: probably clapping because Jackson was Gilmer's worst nightmare. Damn near single handedly beat yall in the semis.

44INAROW
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
He has been arrested on felonies we shouldn't be praising the coach this should be expected.
I shouldn't try to assume what LostAussie is "clapping" about - but I assume it's seeing a COACH do what is supposed to be done - there are alot that don't - I won't name them here, but we all know who they are. That's all I am going to say on this tragic matter.

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I shouldn't try to assume what LostAussie is "clapping" about - but I assume it's seeing a COACH do what is supposed to be done - there are alot that don't - I won't name them here, but we all know who they are. That's all I am going to say on this tragic matter.tragic is a death or accident where a serious injury occurs. This is not tragic.

44INAROW
08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
tragic is a death or accident where a serious injury occurs. This is not tragic.
I usually don't get involved in your pissing contest - but how dare you tell me what I should think is tragic!!! it is TRAGIC to watch someone from kindergarten - play and grow up and have true God-given talent and make bad decisions and lose the chance to use it! That is tragic. This is a real person we're talking about - not someone you just read about. Try to remember that. furthermore, why do you have this fascination with it?? Grow up for heaven's sake, you're not 16 anymore.

pirate4state
08-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I usually don't get involved in your pissing contest - but how dare you tell me what I should think is tragic!!! it is TRAGIC to watch someone from kindergarten - play and grow up and have true God-given talent and make bad decisions and lose the chance to use it! That is tragic. This is a real person we're talking about - not someone you just read about. Try to remember that.

Very true and when it hits close to home it makes it that much more tragic and sad. I try never to judge in these type of cases, because sadly you never know when this type of situation is gonna end up in your own backyard.

Emerson1
08-29-2011, 01:38 PM
probably clapping because Jackson was Gilmer's worst nightmare. Damn near single handedly beat yall in the semis.
Why are you contributing to a conversation that was posted late?

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
I shouldn't try to assume what LostAussie is "clapping" about - but I assume it's seeing a COACH do what is supposed to be done - there are alot that don't - I won't name them here, but we all know who they are. That's all I am going to say on this tragic matter. I don't remember many running a kid out there with 3 arrest in a 6 month span and 2 felonies.

44INAROW
08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't remember many running a kid out there with 3 arrest in a 6 month span and 2 felonies.

and neither is Coach Owens.. so what's the problem? in fact, he didn't allow him to run track after the 1st offense which WASNT a felony. I am through with you nay-sayers - Adios :)

91 lion
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I usually don't get involved in your pissing contest - but how dare you tell me what I should think is tragic!!! it is TRAGIC to watch someone from kindergarten - play and grow up and have true God-given talent and make bad decisions and lose the chance to use it! That is tragic. This is a real person we're talking about - not someone you just read about. Try to remember that. furthermore, why do you have this fascination with it?? Grow up for heaven's sake, you're not 16 anymore.

:iagree:

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
and neither is Coach Owens.. so what's the problem? in fact, he didn't allow him to run track after the 1st offense which WASNT a felony. I am through with you nay-sayers - Adios :) Why compliment someone for doing their job? Im not taking anything away from him, but I wouldn't praise the guy for doing something 99 percent of other people would do in the same situation.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Why are you contributing to a conversation that was posted late? Why are you alive?

lostaussie
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
probably clapping because Jackson was Gilmer's worst nightmare. Damn near single handedly beat yall in the semis.No ............clapping because a coach had enough balls to not let a kid who can't act right get on the damn field. It's a shame though cause Jackson was one heck of a running back.

Tejastrue
08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Why do we continue to beat a dead horse? :confused:

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Why are you alive? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_birds_and_the_bees

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_birds_and_the_bees doesn't explain how he's lasted 20 or so years. Figured survival of the fittest would've caught up with him by now.

Emerson1
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
doesn't explain how he's lasted 20 or so years. Figured survival of the fittest would've caught up with him by now.
You're like 5'5"

Ranger Mom
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe I won't give up moderating after all!!