PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville @ Abilene Wylie

Sville
08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
I am excited about my first trip to Bulldog Stadium. Stephenville should win, but this is trap game against a storied 3A program that is going to be tough at home. I hope my Jackets dont have a hangover from last Friday and looking ahead to their annual grudge match with the Loins. If so Wylie can beat them.

On another note the forcasted high for Friday is 94*F. I might need a jacket.

I need some recommendations on some good places to eat near the stadium.

Thanks in advance

Gsquared
08-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I am excited about my first trip to Bulldog Stadium. Stephenville should win, but this is trap game against a storied 3A program that is going to be tough at home. I hope my Jackets dont have a hangover from last Friday and looking ahead to their annual grudge match with the Loins. If so Wylie can beat them.

Thanks in advance
Go eat a steak in Buffalo Gap before the game!!!

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
G2's talking about Perini Ranch which can be hard to get into without a reservation on Fri/Sat night...even early sometimes. There really isn't anything near the stadium other than Mr. burger...but just a couple miles up Buffalo Gap Rd you can find Al's Mesquite grill, Heff's, (awesome burgers) Betty Rose's BBQ, Chili's, Ghengis Grill, Outback, Johnny Carino's Italian, Fazoli's, and the usual assortment of fast food chains around the mall area. If you want the non-chain local places you have to venture further into town...we're on the extreme southwest edge.

edit- you could crash the tailgate parties in the north parking lot...several pits and grills going with all sorts of steaks, brisket, dove/quail, sausage, fajitas etc..:thumbsup:

edit2- forgot about Tamolly's (Mexican) and Casa Herrera in the same general area

Tin Cup
08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I could go for La Popular right about now. I miss good ol' Abilene

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:34 AM

Thanks in advance

Joe Allen's

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Joe Allen'ssucks now

Go to Sharon's on hwy 80 to taste what the old Joe Allen's used to be like....she is the one that made that place what it was.

BEAST
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM

Thanks in advance

Keep this in mind, you are not just playing Wylie, you have to beat their well paid refs also.

BEAST

Gsquared
08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
G2's talking about Perini Ranch which can be hard to get into without a reservation on Fri/Sat night...even early sometimes. There really isn't anything near the stadium other than Mr. burger...but just a couple miles up Buffalo Gap Rd you can find Al's Mesquite grill, Heff's, (awesome burgers) Betty Rose's BBQ, Chili's, Ghengis Grill, Outback, Johnny Carino's Italian, Fazoli's, and the usual assortment of fast food chains around the mall area. If you want the non-chain local places you have to venture further into town...we're on the extreme southwest edge.

edit- you could crash the tailgate parties in the north parking lot...several pits and grills going with all sorts of steaks, brisket, dove/quail, sausage, fajitas etc..:thumbsup:
All he has to do is tell them he knows me. They will leave a steak out by the back dumpster for him. You have to fill your own tea glass though.

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Keep this in mind, you are not just playing Wylie, you have to beat their well paid refs also.

BEASTThat shouldn't be a factor this year. Due to the economy we send a regular Town Car stretch to pick them up instead of the usual Hummer limo. Ribeyes in the fieldhouse instead of the tenderloin of the past...and most of them won't be able to retire after this game and will have to continue with the season. :(

Bullaholic
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
I'd love to see Wylie win this one, but I think this is a year when not many teams will want any of the Yellowjackets. I say Jackets by 14.

Rocket
08-29-2011, 11:03 AM
I'd love to see Wylie win this one, but I think this is a year when not many teams will want any of the Yellowjackets. I say Jackets by 14.

Stephenville's weak spot is defense. Wylie will move the ball on them. They will have to score early and often to keep up with the Yellerjackets. With that said, 49-31 Stephenville.

upper20
08-29-2011, 11:31 AM

Thanks in advance

Sounds like Stephenville is loaded! Wylie did not return many starters, but has some talent -- hopefully this will be a good one.

After traveling 230+ miles each way and playing in 107 heat last week, 94 at home will be awesome!

Regarding food, Al's Mesquite Grill (Pendragon mentioned) is owned by the guy that owns Square's BBQ. It has all of the Square's menu items plus steaks, salmon, etc. - it is good. Abilene High and Cooper are both out-of-town Friday, so Lytle Land & Cattle (on S. 11th near Shotwell Stadium) would be worth considering. Also, near Southwest Drive and the Loop, there is Famous Dave's BBQ, Chick-fil-a, Rosa's, Jason's Deli, and Red Robin.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 11:34 AM

BEAST

:lies:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-2.jpg

:D

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 12:08 PM

BEAST Im sure they are well paid by all schools. It isn't the Little League World Series they aren't doing it for free.

As for eating goes, I recommend the sirloin steak from the concession stand. They also have really good fettuccine.

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Sounds like Stephenville is loaded! Wylie did not return many starters, but has some talent -- hopefully this will be a good one.

After traveling 230+ miles each way and playing in 107 heat last week, 94 at home will be awesome!

Regarding food, Al's Mesquite Grill (Pendragon mentioned) is owned by the guy that owns Square's BBQ. It has all of the Square's menu items plus steaks, salmon, etc. - it is good. Abilene High and Cooper are both out-of-town Friday, so Lytle Land & Cattle (on S. 11th near Shotwell Stadium) would be worth considering. Also, near Southwest Drive and the Loop, there is Famous Dave's BBQ, Chick-fil-a, Rosa's, Jason's Deli, and Red Robin.And Olive Garden, The Cotton Patch and Logan's Roadhouse as well.....and on the same service road @14th street you have The Seafood tavern and Bonzai Japanese

Sville
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Stephenville's weak spot is defense. Wylie will move the ball on them. They will have to score early and often to keep up with the Yellerjackets. With that said, 49-31 Stephenville.

I was waiting for your dig. Keep tellin yourself that if it makes you feel better. There is no shame in givng up 47 to the former #1, 4A team and #18 natl. team (ESPN Fab 50). They only had 8 starters returning on offense off a championship team with the best running back in the nation. No, it couldn't be that Aledo's offense is just that good [insert sarcasm]. It is Sville's defense sucks. You will find out soon enough.

ccmom
08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Im sure they are well paid by all schools. It isn't the Little League World Series they aren't doing it for free.

As for eating goes, I recommend the sirloin steak from the concession stand. They also have really good fettuccine.

Sirloin???? Surely you jest...:crazy::ack!:

Bosqueville
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Sville, I for one was glad to see you beat Aledo. They needed to be taken down a peg or two. I only wish I could have been sitting on the vistors side to witness the shocked faces!!

Oh and Jackets 49- Bullpups 17.

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Sirloin???? Surely you jest...:crazy::ack!:He mean't to say pan seared fillet with a side of jumbo grilled gulf shrimp.:thumbsup:

or..Chick-Fila sandwich, hotdog, nachos and popcorn.:hand:

Sville
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for everyone's response on the food. But if G2 knows anything, it is food. Perini's it is then, and thanks for letting me know I need a reservation. I called and got one.

upper20
08-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for everyone's response on the food. But if G2 knows anything, it is food. Perini's it is then, and thanks for letting me know I need a reservation. I called and got one.

Have the Bread Pudding for desert and ask for extra sauce

LIONS#1
08-29-2011, 01:44 PM
That Defense showed up the 2nd half and made key stops when called upon:wave: I am going out on a strong branch and sayin it will be a looooong night for Wylie and a 54-21 type score!!

garciap77
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM

Over Rated!!! Just a warning!!!:)

garciap77
08-29-2011, 01:50 PM
That Defense showed up the 2nd half and made key stops when called upon:wave: I am going out on a strong branch and sayin it will be a looooong night for Wylie and a 54-21 type score!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif I'm going with the Bulldogs by 21!:cheerl:

hollywood
08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Stephenville out played Aledo the 2nd half, no question. Aledo did make some key mistakes to help give Stephenville a chance though. Now, Sville, before you get up on your high horse, remember how the week after hangover can get you in trouble. And even worse is, the 2 week hangover. Wylie will show up for this one... a little pay back from last year is cooking in their oven this week. And, it's in their house.

Sville
08-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Stephenville out played Aledo the 2nd half, no question. Aledo did make some key mistakes to help give Stephenville a chance though. Now, Sville, before you get up on your high horse, remember how the week after hangover can get you in trouble. And even worse is, the 2 week hangover. Wylie will show up for this one... a little pay back from last year is cooking in their oven this week. And, it's in their house.

Believe me I am well aware of the hangover effect after an emotional win over a rival. Plus this game is right before Bwood. I am not going to get too cocky yet. We played one heck of a ball game against a damn good team. We need to string a few more together like last Friday before I start crowing title contender.

Rocket
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM

It is funny how mighty Sville schedules those 3A's...Come get ya some Sville...Go Wylie..
Brownwood beat Stephenville's butt so bad last year that Briles and Kolb could feel it.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
It is funny how mighty Sville schedules those 3A's...Come get ya some Sville...Go Wylie..
Brownwood beat Stephenville's butt so bad last year that Briles and Kolb could feel it.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/ok-1.gif

LIONS#1
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Well I hope I am so wrong on this one....but from where I sat last Friday night those coaches over there in th'ville are gettin it done. That #2 QB Jones is the real deal!! He looked better than Washington!!! That D pressured Aledo's QB Bishop all 2nd half and made key stops!!! I HOPE Wylie wins but I ain't betting against what I saw last Friday night. Until week after this one at least:stirpot:

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, it's clear the BW posters don't give us much chance to win. On paper it looks like a mismatch..a 4A team that just knocked off the #1 4A team in the state coming to visit a 3A school that is trying to shake off a bad season last year. It may be a mismatch..and maybe not. We'll see in a few days. ;)

eagles_victory
08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
well, it's clear the bw posters don't give us much chance to win. On paper it looks like a mismatch..a 4a team that just knocked off the #1 4a team in the state coming to visit a 3a school that is trying to shake off a bad season last year. It may be a mismatch..and maybe not. We'll see in a few days. ;)... 3a?

1st and goal
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
That shouldn't be a factor this year. Due to the economy we send a regular Town Car stretch to pick them up instead of the usual Hummer limo. Ribeyes in the fieldhouse instead of the tenderloin of the past...and most of them won't be able to retire after this game and will have to continue with the season. :(

They are saving their referee booster tip jar money for the Brownwood game. Plus it doesn't hurt that the head ref is Billy JoBob's uncle.

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
... 3a?What?

Tin Cup
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
What?

Enrollment jab?!

Pendragon13
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Enrollment jab?!Ah, ok..I'm slow tonight :tongue:

btw, take a guess which team in 5-3A is the only one that has NEVER been 4A? ;)

wtxfootball08
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Go to Bonzai.

Wylie can win if they can protect the ball this week. I am going to say stephenville by 21, Wylie has 5 turnovers on the day.

(Prove me wrong da*% it!)

garciap77
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
... 3a?

We'll always be 3A!!!! :D