PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer @ Tatum

MGAR
08-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Thoughts on this?

poisoned10
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Gonna be a good one. Gilmer will be a little deeper than they were last year and that has always been an advantage for us against Tatum. I expect it to be about the same as last year, maybe not as high scoring. And with Gilmer winning this time.

BTW, MGAR, tell Daddy Evans hi for me. Ha!

MGAR
08-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Both teams gotta play better than they did last week if they want to win.

Daddy Evans told me to show you this.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/booyahhh27/SDC11347-1.jpg

poisoned10
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Both teams gotta play better than they did last week if they want to win.

Daddy Evans told me to show you this.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/booyahhh27/SDC11347-1.jpg

Congrats! Daddy Evans FINALLY beat Gilmer. And it happen to come against Gilmer's worst team since 2002.

MGAR
08-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I guess you are basing that off of wins and not how deep in the playoffs?

poisoned10
08-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I guess you are basing that off of wins and not how deep in the playoffs?

A little bit of both. We went deep last year because of the lack of competition in the 1st 2 rounds. No disrespect meant towards L-E and Van, but they we nothing compared to some of the teams we have played in earlier rounds, ie L-E in 2006.

And last year was the 1st time since the 2002 season that Gilmer has won less than 10 games.

Now, I'm not saying that last year's team was bad at all. I'm just saying they weren't as good compared to Gilmer's past teams.

MGAR
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Man did you see where someone now has y'all picked 5th in district haha.

poisoned10
08-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Gotta love Pitt fans and their false sense of hope. They beat teams like Jefferson and Brook Hill and they think they are on top of the football world.

lostaussie
08-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Scorefest.............with Gilmer scoring the most. I see this one as having LOTS of points.

waterboy
08-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Really? You don't believe that, do you? Gilmer will make the playoffs. I just can't tell right now which seed, 1 through 3. Anyway you look at it, the Buckeyes look to be a better team this year, both offensively and defensively. I'm thinking the Buckeyes come away with a win in Tatum, but it'll be a close one.

cowboyandchrist
08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Tatums front seven is as good as the 05 team that won the 3a title, the secondary needs a lot of work. Gilmer will not run on Tatum, to beat Tatum will have to be through the air. The D tackels are both being looked at by D1 colleges and the three linebackers are big and fast they average 6ft and 200 pounds. On the O side of the ball it is pretty simple, stop Overstreet from running and passing. I do not have any idea who will win this game. It may be close with either team winning or Gilmer runs away with it. There is just no way to call this game. Our O line is much bigger than last year and we did a good job against 4a Kilgore in a scrimmage. Our bread and butter this year will be our Defense.

MGAR
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Welp, this game is suppose to be a high scoring affair but CH and WH stole all the points in East Texas

Something tells me a 17-14 game....

BTW, Gilmer's coach got thrown out of a JV game last night... On his home field to boot. I don't care who you are, that there is fuuuunny.

garciap77
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
GilmeR!

MGAR
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
GilmeR!

Oh I see.. Your playing the fill in the blanks game.

I'll go.

You said Gilmer

I'll finish it.

......will.....not.....win

waterboy
09-02-2011, 12:41 PM

I'll go.

You said Gilmer

I'll finish it.

Okie Dokey! You heard it here first. What happens when the Buckeyes DO win tonight? We'll serve a little crow for ya....that's what!:wave: Don't worry too much, we'll pluck them suckas first......:1popcorn:

MGAR
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Okie Dokey! You heard it here first. What happens when the Buckeyes DO win tonight? We'll serve a little crow for ya....that's what!:wave: Don't worry too much, we'll pluck them suckas first......:1popcorn:

Ok that'll teach me not to make predictions. The world famous crow.

Quick someone tell me who the one person that is not looking forward to this game is?

waterboy
09-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Quick someone tell me who the one person that is not looking forward to this game is?
I don't know. The Eagles and their fans..........maybe?:stirpot:

Naw, it should be a good game either way. I do "think" the Buckeyes will win, though.

MGAR
09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't know. The Eagles and their fans..........maybe?:stirpot:

Naw, it should be a good game either way. I do "think" the Buckeyes will win, though.

I actually think Gilmer will win too but I gotta root for my hometown. I'm just not a bad homer like other Tatum folk.

and to answer my question..... The ref on the visiting sideline.

garciap77
09-02-2011, 01:45 PM

I'll go.

You said Gilmer

I'll finish it.

I have learned not to pick against them. LOL

waterboy
09-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I actually think Gilmer will win too but I gotta root for my hometown. I'm just not a bad homer like other Tatum folk.

and to answer my question..... The ref on the visiting sideline.
Haha.....I know what you mean now........haha! Yep. At least you can say he definitely is PASSIONATE about his team(s). We'll keep him, though. He does know how to win.

buckeyebob
09-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I have learned not to pick against them. LOL

http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-020.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-020.gif

Thanks garcia...it is refreshing to see a man step up to the plate. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-greet024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I will say, it has always been a challange to play Wylie.

MGAR
09-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Ummmmmmmmm oops.....

Gilmer made Tatum look like a JV...

garciap77
09-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Ummmmmmmmm oops.....

Gilmer made Tatum look like a JV...

Told you!:wave:

MGAR
09-02-2011, 11:21 PM
That you did... The homer in me got in the way.

garciap77
09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
That you did... The homer in me got in the way.

It's cool, the homer get's me all the time. I had Wylie by 21 over The Ville.:ack!:

P.S. But, I'm still not as bad as ROCKET!:evillol:

buckeyebob
09-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Tatums front seven is as good as the 05 team that won the 3a title, the secondary needs a lot of work. Gilmer will not run on Tatum, to beat Tatum will have to be through the air. The D tackels are both being looked at by D1 colleges and the three linebackers are big and fast they average 6ft and 200 pounds. On the O side of the ball it is pretty simple, stop Overstreet from running and passing. I do not have any idea who will win this game. It may be close with either team winning or Gilmer runs away with it. There is just no way to call this game. Our O line is much bigger than last year and we did a good job against 4a Kilgore in a scrimmage. Our bread and butter this year will be our Defense.

What happened here?

poisoned10
09-03-2011, 12:45 AM
tatums front seven is as good as the 05 team that won the 3a title, the secondary needs a lot of work. Gilmer will not run on tatum, to beat tatum will have to be through the air. The d tackels are both being looked at by d1 colleges and the three linebackers are big and fast they average 6ft and 200 pounds. On the o side of the ball it is pretty simple, stop overstreet from running and passing. I do not have any idea who will win this game. It may be close with either team winning or gilmer runs away with it. There is just no way to call this game. Our o line is much bigger than last year and we did a good job against 4a kilgore in a scrimmage. Our bread and butter this year will be our defense.

fail!

buckeyebob
09-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Looks like the D's problem may have been the bread & butter...they were there in size alone.
As far as the O's...well, I guess we did stop Overstreet despite a bread & butter line.
Now we can all get back to buisiness at hand...the Bird is on the roost again.

cowboyandchrist
09-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I will be the first to say Gilmer put the donkey stomp on us last night. The story goes like this. Our front seven is very good, but when the secondary can not get within 10 yards of a receiver and Turner can throw to any one of them, what can the front seven do for you. We found out last night that we have no player that wants to lead this team. We are an average 2a team and I say that because Gilmer has a very small defense, they run to the ball well and will hit you and they make good tackels. I do not believe they will hold up against the Chapell Hills, Hendersons, Brownwoods, Argiles, Cold springs, and ect. teams in 3A. The O line is small but did a great job last night. The Gilmer QB played well last night, he will never out run anybody, but he will get you 10 yards a carry because he is very strong. He threw the ball well last night, but any QB could throw well if nobody can cover the receiver. We had many chances to score in the first half, but when the QB throws behind, over, in front of and to a player in the next county you will not put points on the board. Overstreet I don't think completed a pass in the first quarter to wide open receivers. All Gilmer had to do was stop the run, which they did very well. I don't know if Gilmer is better than last year, what I do know is we are not. I may be wrong but this year unless Henderson or Chapell Hill can prove me wrong, no state champ comes from the East this year. Lindale may be a dark horse, they handled Carthage pretty easy last night.

MGAR
09-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I will be the first to say Gilmer put the donkey stomp on us last night. The story goes like this. Our front seven is very good, but when the secondary can not get within 10 yards of a receiver and Turner can throw to any one of them, what can the front seven do for you. We found out last night that we have no player that wants to lead this team. We are an average 2a team and I say that because Gilmer has a very small defense, they run to the ball well and will hit you and they make good tackels. I do not believe they will hold up against the Chapell Hills, Hendersons, Brownwoods, Argiles, Cold springs, and ect. teams in 3A. The O line is small but did a great job last night. The Gilmer QB played well last night, he will never out run anybody, but he will get you 10 yards a carry because he is very strong. He threw the ball well last night, but any QB could throw well if nobody can cover the receiver. We had many chances to score in the first half, but when the QB throws behind, over, in front of and to a player in the next county you will not put points on the board. Overstreet I don't think completed a pass in the first quarter to wide open receivers. All Gilmer had to do was stop the run, which they did very well. I don't know if Gilmer is better than last year, what I do know is we are not. I may be wrong but this year unless Henderson or Chapell Hill can prove me wrong, no state champ comes from the East this year. Lindale may be a dark horse, they handled Carthage pretty easy last night.

What game were you watching? The second play of the game he completed a pass to a wide open receiver that went for 45 yards...

Another completed pass on the 7th play...

Ended the 1st quarter 2 for 4... Granted that may not be a lot but it's hard to throw the ball when the other teams Dline decided they wanted to camp out in the back field all night.

cowboyandchrist
09-04-2011, 12:49 AM
What game were you at, he only completed one pass in the first quarter and missed many. Did he or did he not over throw, throw behind, throw it in the ground and throw to someone in the next county all night long. Go to Smoaky and read all about it. He got sacked once and our receivers were wide open. After Gilmer saw we could not complete a pass, the coach turned the D loose on the run and stopped us cold.

MGAR
09-04-2011, 02:54 PM
What game were you at, he only completed one pass in the first quarter and missed many. Did he or did he not over throw, throw behind, throw it in the ground and throw to someone in the next county all night long. Go to Smoaky and read all about it. He got sacked once and our receivers were wide open. After Gilmer saw we could not complete a pass, the coach turned the D loose on the run and stopped us cold.

I was at the game, I've seen the game on film. Listen I'm not here to argue. Just don't spot of stuff you are obviously clueless about. One pass went to Johnson, the other went to Reese.

cowboyandchrist
09-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I saw the game film too and you must of forgot about the 10 throws that never came close to the wide open receivers. You are right about one thing, two of the passes were caught in the first half.

MGAR
09-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I saw the game film too and you must of forgot about the 10 throws that never came close to the wide open receivers. You are right about one thing, two of the passes were caught in the first half.

Doesn't matter about the "ten" throws that never came close. You said he didn't complete any in the first quarter. That's what I was talking about.