PDA

View Full Version : Be sure to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes if you haven't seen it!

Phil C
08-28-2011, 06:50 PM
It is a very good movie and well worth seeing. It is my favorite so far this year. I think it should win the Best Picture Oscar but it may not even get nominated.

Other good ones I have seen lately and recommend are Cowboys and Aliens, The Help and Final Destination 5.

I know there are others but I haven't seen them all. Enjoy!

And remember - there is no such thing as a bad movie. It is just that some are better than others.

Diocletian
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Agree 100%

We went in thinking popcorn flick.. but it was an amazing movie. Had some very creepy parts. That's one thing the orginal lacked.. was creepiness.

Phil C
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately I was right about it not being nominated. Sometimes the Academy doesn't like what the people like even though the people ultimately decide a movie's succe$$. This was one of the best movies of the year and it didn't even get nominated. Another slight to the Academy's discredit again.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Cowboys and Aliens was a pretty good movie. ordered it twice. Haven't seen the rest you mention and wasn't sure if i wanted to see another movie about planet of the apes. going to ordered it now. tks philc

Phil C
01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Cowboys and Aliens was a pretty good movie. ordered it twice. Haven't seen the rest you mention and wasn't sure if i wanted to see another movie about planet of the apes. going to ordered it now. tks philc

You're welcone SintonFan-inAustin. I also saw Cowboys and Aliens when it was first released and it is a very good movie that I would recomment to anyone to watch. I hope you liked the apes movie.