PDA

View Full Version : #13 Navasota Rattlers @ #20 Willis Wildkats (4a)

HEMOTOXIC
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Former 4a district foes do battle in Willis this Friday. Willis returns their trio QB, RB, & WR while the Rattlers continue to reload and win. Navasota got the victory last season 34-23 in a thrilling battle at Rattler Stadium. In 2010, Navasota made their 4th consecutive trip to the Div I final while Willis lost in the 2nd round 50-47 to Port-Neches Groves. This year, both teams come in 1-0. The Rattlers pounded Madisonville 40-7 while Willis defeated traditional dwellers Houston Davis 43-7. We should get a better idea of what's to come for both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 08:55 AM
ttt.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow! Where is everyone? Navasota?

This is going to be a huge game this Friday, and no one has yet to comment on it. :confused:

Come on ladies and gents, don't leave me hanging, lol.

trojandad
08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow! Where is everyone? Navasota?

This is going to be a huge game this Friday, and no one has yet to comment on it. :confused:

Come on ladies and gents, don't leave me hanging, lol.

as its willis, and a good place to sharpen skills against, i hope if you guys DO have some weaknesses they expose them good so you can be ready for a long run later....but my coach friend that used to coach at willis says hed take the snakes by a score, and i think i will....:)

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 12:20 PM
as its willis, and a good place to sharpen skills against, i hope if you guys DO have some weaknesses they expose them good so you can be ready for a long run later....but my coach friend that used to coach at willis says hed take the snakes by a score, and i think i will....:)

I hope that you are right. Last year, Cameron did a great job of exposing the Rattlers. We went on the win the next 8 games including the first two rounds of the playoffs.

trojandad
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
I hope that you are right. Last year, Cameron did a great job of exposing the Rattlers. We went on the win the next 8 games including the first two rounds of the playoffs.

i really hope somebody like crockett, or maybe even orangefield exposes any weaknesses in us, too, because im telling you, im afraid to brag on us after k'ville cause no defense looks that good against a good team....we gotta see later just how good k'ville is.....coach had a soph defensive line out there the 2nd half, it could have been a negative total defensive night if he hadnt called the dogs off early....

i think barbay is right in that article, i think were gonna be known more for our defense this year than for a couple of 2,000 yd rushers.....

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
i think barbay is right in that article, i think were gonna be known more for our defense this year than for a couple of 2,000 yd rushers.....

Hey, Coldspring having an even better defense from last year is scary for their opponents.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/west-steady-on-defense-for-wildkats-willis-football-notebook/article_60532fb9-6b7d-516a-9df5-8808ec350829.html

West steady on defense for Wildkats; Willis football notebook By Keith MacPherson Houston Community Newspapers | 0 comments

Known for his receiving ability, it was Quan West’s defense that shined in Willis’ season opener Friday night.

West had two sacks from the defensive end position against Houston Davis and coach Audie Jackson was happy by his senior’s play.

“He is so strong in his upper body,” Jackson said. “He can press guys off of him and get off blocks. He has really developed into a great defensive player. He’s playing good technique and is more patient at his position.”

West is committed to Iowa State as a wide receiver and had 789 yards receiving as a junior last season.

Golden return
Willis hopes to get star running back Autrey Golden back for Friday’s home opener against Navasota.

Jackson said he expects Golden to return to the Wildkat backfield, but will is still awaiting the official word from his training staff.

Golden, a UTEP commit, injured his shoulder during 7-on-7 during the summer. He rushed for 1,142 yards as a junior last season.

Sure-handed Markham
Kevin Markham has turned out to be Mr. Dependable for the Wildkats.

The senior wide receiver caught seven passes for 103 yards, many of which for crucial first downs, in Willis’ season opener against Houston Davis.

“He’s a perfectionist,” Jackson said of Markham. “When it comes to running routs, he is by far our best. He has shown us he has the best hands on the team. He goes days without dropping the football in practice.”

Markham was second on the team with five touchdown catches a year ago. He finished the year with17 catches for 229 yards.

Defensive development
Much of the Wildkats’ success this season will depend on the development of their defense and Jackson said he was pleased with what he saw on Friday.

Willis limited Houston Davis to 98 yards of total offense and only eight first downs all night.

“I think we played pretty well on defense,” Jackson said. “We are right were we need to be. We gave up some big plays when the (second and third string) was in, but overall we did a good job. We still haven’t hit our peak and we are still missing some of our main cogs, but I was happy with how we did.”

trojandad
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
i saw golden on tape, he likes to run through tackles rather than around, a real smash mouther....will be a good game....

BaseballUmp
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I think the Willis QB is a Texas St. recruit

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Win or lose, this game will only make the Rattlers a better team.

I'm going to go with the Wildkats by 14 due to the Wildkats offense being more experienced. Prove me wrong Rattlers!

trojandad
08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I think the Willis QB is a Texas St. recruit

my coach buddy at willis said he heard the same thing....

venomous tat2
08-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Win or lose, this game will only make the Rattlers a better team.

I'm going to go with the Wildkats by 14 due to the Wildkats offense being more experienced. Prove me wrong Rattlers!

Hemo , can't believe my eyes you're gonna go with Willis , we're not Jeff Davis and they're no Madinsonville. We're coming to play !!! :thumbsup:

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Hemo , can't believe my eyes you're gonna go with Willis , we're not Jeff Davis and they're no Madinsonville. We're coming to play !!! :thumbsup:

Hey Tat2, I had to do something to get the Rattler Nation talking. The Low has been dead lately. You know who I am picking... take a look at the votes..lol

trojandad
08-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey Tat2, I had to do something to get the Rattler Nation talking. The Low has been dead lately. You know who I am picking... take a look at the votes..lol

yea, i was wondering if anyone noticed....lol

venomous tat2
08-29-2011, 11:51 PM

you sho right not a lot of talk ( football ) on here any more . I think newer teams with recent success are on top and they don't have many if any posters and some of the mighty teams that were on top ain't talking much right now because of that jmo . No need to call teams but if the shoe fits you get the picture . I miss the days when football talk was strong on here it's almost like a ghost site now " Is anybody out there are you people listing to me " let the talk begain !! lol

HEMOTOXIC
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
you sho right not a lot of talk ( football ) on here any more . I think newer teams with recent success are on top and they don't have many if any posters and some of the mighty teams that were on top ain't talking much right now because of that jmo . No need to call teams but if the shoe fits you get the picture . I miss the days when football talk was strong on here it's almost like a ghost site now " Is anybody out there are you people listing to me " let the talk begain !! lol

Yes, too quite. Maybe it will pick up as the season goes....

HEMOTOXIC
09-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Navasota Rattlers at Willis Wildkats

Records: Navasota (23-3A) 1-0; Willis (18-4A) 1-0

Last year's meeting: Navasota 34, Willis 23

Last week's games: Willis 43, Houston Davis 7; Navasota 40, Madisonville 7

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 4 points

Next: Rudder at Navasota; Willis at Magnolia West; Magnolia West at Willis

***Harris has Navasota a 4 point favorite***

Roughneck93
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
This one is tough pick. I'm pulling for the Rattlers and they come out on top by 7.

HEMOTOXIC
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Both Freshmen and JV improve to 2-0 after wins over 4a Willis

Navasota freshmen 28, Willis 25: Jerbrell Lipscomb and Derrion Randle each scored two touchdowns to lead Navasota to victory.

Lipscomb caught a 6-yard touchdown pass from Keyshawn Philio and added a 72-yard interception return for a score. Randle had a 61-yard touchdown run.

Willis scored four consecutive touchdowns to take the lead, but Randle answered with a 35-yard TD run and added the two-point conversion.

Navasota will play at Rudder on Thursday.

Navasota JV 38, Willis 14: Navasota's Lamarqus Jefferson and Jalen Woods each rushed for two TDs, while John Jacobs threw two TD passes to Willie Creeks in the Rattlers' victory.

Jefferson scored on runs of 22 and 14 yards. Woods reached the end zone from 29 and 24 yards. Jacobs connected with Creeks on TD passes of 65 and 77 yards.

striker
09-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Catch the game online on KWBC 1550 Navasota News - www.navasotanews.com (http://www.navasotanews.com)