PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile, but the only Dalhart Poster is here haha

DalhartAlumni
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Well I am currently deployed to Iraq for another 2 months, so I get to catch all the updates via the internet. So a little about the Dalhart Golden Wolves who finished 10-2 last year and made it Area Round before Monahans ripped them a new one in a 32-7 thrashing.

The Golden Wolves are on a rebuilding year, returning just 4 Offensive Starters and 3 Defensive starters and a few were starting both ways last year.

Dalhart opened up with San-Ford Fritch a 2A team who made it to the Area Round of the playoffs and returned there HM-All-State Running Back, but even with him San-Ford Fritch could do nothing against Dalhart, losing 27-7, I do not know the stats of the game, but Dalhart's D still looks pretty tough, and they showed great balance in running the ball and throwing aswell. Dalharts schedule is till a little weak, but should be much improved on well the other teams perform this year.

Some games that could really see if Dalhart still has a pep in there step will be

Dalhart vs Seminole who opened with a 30-29 win over Midland Christian
Dalhart vs Cooper who opened with a 28-26 win over I believe was the #3 2a Idalou and is ranked #24 as of right now in 3A
Dalhart vs Borger who came off a great season making it 3 rounds deep before losing to Brownwood
Dalhart vs Pampa who opened with a 20-0 win over IP who up up about 30+ on them last year

So we will see how Dalhart does, they should be a little battle tested before District!

VWG
08-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Is the new stadium up for the season?
Last time I went through Dalhart (this month) looked like it would still be under construction for awhile.

DalhartAlumni
08-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I do not think they will be using the field early in the season, may be lucky to get a few games in at it at all. I am not sure when it will be complete

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Welcome back " wolf playa". Lol

Keep yourself safe over there and update us on those Wolves when you find the time.

bobcat1
08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks for your service young man!

tog
08-29-2011, 05:57 AM
What a great town!

garciap77
08-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for your service young man!
:ditto:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/servicemen-1.gif
Stay safe!