PDA

View Full Version : Giddings at Brookshire Royal, who you got?

1st and goal
08-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Giddings has lost 3 times in a row to Brookshire Royal. Last season's preseason game in Giddings was the closest of the 3. The Buffs seemed to melt down in the past 2 playoff games due to injuries and other issues. Is BR rebuilding in a post Brandon Williams era? I can say they had more weapons than Brandon at last years playoff game, but did they lose them all to graduation?

The Buffs are coming into the game with a win against Burnet 35-19, while BR lost to Wharton in a close one.

BR's band is always worth the price of admission alone if you like to shake it.

Are you gonna make it to the game? I was surprised at how many Buff fans made the trek to Burnet. I hope they turnout in BR too!

Roughneck93
08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
This year, I think Giddings ends that losing streak to Royal.

duckhunter
08-28-2011, 02:39 PM
giddings wins big. i said it first

trojandad
08-28-2011, 07:06 PM
after last weeks showing if the game was in giddings id pick them, but since its a royal homegame im sure wondering....

Johnny Utah
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Giddings gets to 2-0!!

BLEEDZGREEN
08-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Gidding by 14.

Buff42
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm not going to handicap the game, because I'm superstitious that way. ;) I will, however, tell y'all that Giddings travels well. We are already chartering at least one bus to bring the most rabid fans to the game.

And, yes, the BR band is one hell of a show.

buff4ever
08-29-2011, 09:37 AM
I think Giddings stays in the win column and pays BR back a little in this one. The Buffaloes had a good first game against Burnet. They got a win, did a lot of good things that show great potential, and yet got to watch film and see lots of areas to improve on. If we can do that, then we will be a tough contender for the district championship with Navasota.

ol country boy
08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
CJ will keep the boys going.

trojandad
08-29-2011, 10:33 AM
you know, i think wharton is better than were giving them credit for, and i think royal is gonna give the buffs all they want but they are due....im taking the buffs in a close one....and if its a rout, i think they need consideration then....

1st and goal
08-29-2011, 12:10 PM
I know there are at least a few Buffs that have endured the 3 losses and will be highly motivated to get into the win column.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Giddings!

buff4ever
08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
you know, i think wharton is better than were giving them credit for, and i think royal is gonna give the buffs all they want but they are due....im taking the buffs in a close one....and if its a rout, i think they need consideration then....

I agree that Wharton is better than most people think. Doesn't change my opinion of the Giddings/BR game.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I'll take Giddings, BR only returned like 5 players, they will go through some growing pains. Watched Wharton in our scrimmage, offense looked very good. Had a feeling that they could defeat BR, new coach at Wharton doing a great job.

sTxforlife
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Im gonna go with BR in this one, people underestimate them this year but they will be good, they wont have as much production without Brandon there but the runnning back they had behind him last year was a player

SHSBulldog00
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
giddings wins big. i said it first

:iagree:

Buff42
08-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Im gonna go with BR in this one, people underestimate them this year but they will be good, they wont have as much production without Brandon there but the runnning back they had behind him last year was a player

Yes, he was. The thing that impressed me the most about BR last year was their depth at so many positions. Well, that and the band. :1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:

buff4ever
08-31-2011, 05:06 PM
I am thinking the only reason BR posters were ever on here was to talk about last years back, and he is gone as are they now.

Buffs roll.

jrhernandez7
08-31-2011, 06:32 PM
buffs roll BIG.

1st and goal
08-31-2011, 07:29 PM
their posters are waiting for the band wagon to come by.:stirpot:

I feel the game will be close. During the 1st playoff game we had against them 2 years ago, we sat just behind a group of folks and 1 of them said they were related to 1 of the BR coaches. They said that BR had major discipline issues on the team. Never the less, the Buffs played the absolute worst game I've ever witnessed them play as a team that night and BR kicked our rears.

Crasher
09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I am thinking the only reason BR posters were ever on here was to talk about last years back, and he is gone as are they now.

Buffs roll.

I have been on here for a few years now..To be honest I am tired of people who say things like this..Do you not remember our playoff game this year when you held our back to 78 rushing yards and we threw for 300 yards or so on you? royal had more than "last years back" we had a bunch of hard working kids that busted their butts for years to get a chance to beat people like giddings and west orange stark, etc...
Royal is going to be rebuilding a bit of course, with young kids, etc. There is always excuses why Giddings lost to royal 3 times in a 12 month period. Maybe royal should use some excuses now...Our RB graduated..We lost our OC and OLINE coach..Its Hot..We have young players...But Coach Green will not use excuses nor will he allow his players to rely on them..Green and company will have the young kids back to the top soon enough. Oh, and in the true spirit of this board...
I have to say something derogatory also..so...
Maybe if you paid as much attention to your wife as you do bashing high school players your life would be more interesting?
What do you think RENEGADE? We on the same page??

buff4ever
09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
If you are going to lurk around and not post, at least do a good job of it. You have never seen me type on here excuses to why we lost to you guys, unless I said we sucked. Mainly you kicked our butt. Also, just because we forced you to beat us with something other than your RB last year, doesn't change the fact that many of your posters that were around last couple years were on here to talk about him. I never said he was your only player, I said he was the only reason some posters were on here, obviously because he and they have disappeared.

And you know nothing about me and my wife.

So what yout got now. Giving a shout out to a poster not posting make you feel better? Ain't that right 4life.

1st and goal
09-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I have been on here for a few years now..To be honest I am tired of people who say things like this..Do you not remember our playoff game this year when you held our back to 78 rushing yards and we threw for 300 yards or so on you? royal had more than "last years back" we had a bunch of hard working kids that busted their butts for years to get a chance to beat people like giddings and west orange stark, etc...
Royal is going to be rebuilding a bit of course, with young kids, etc. There is always excuses why Giddings lost to royal 3 times in a 12 month period. Maybe royal should use some excuses now...Our RB graduated..We lost our OC and OLINE coach..Its Hot..We have young players...But Coach Green will not use excuses nor will he allow his players to rely on them..Green and company will have the young kids back to the top soon enough. Oh, and in the true spirit of this board...
I have to say something derogatory also..so...
Maybe if you paid as much attention to your wife as you do bashing high school players your life would be more interesting?
What do you think RENEGADE? We on the same page??

Ok, we deserve a bit of respite but the poster you quoted was just stating the obvious, that you guys (and many other teams' fans) seem to be absent this year. Besides, I don't know if he's married.:)

I may be wrong, but I'll be a RENEGADE and post that I hope we come down there and kick y'alls rears this year!

TheDrop
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Trust me Brandon Williams did not disappear. You will see him on Saturdays. We didn't disappear we just stay quiet and carry a big stick.

buff4ever
09-01-2011, 08:38 AM
No kidding he didn't disappear, I am glad that you guys acknowledge there is life after HS Football.

On a side note, intelligent or not, it is good to hear from you guys. Not fun to get on here and read a one-sided thread about the game.

I expect BR to show up with a quality football team, I do think though that Giddings gets this one.

Crasher
09-01-2011, 09:03 AM
No kidding he didn't disappear, I am glad that you guys acknowledge there is life after HS Football.

On a side note, intelligent or not, it is good to hear from you guys. Not fun to get on here and read a one-sided thread about the game.

I expect BR to show up with a quality football team, I do think though that Giddings gets this one.

Wow, glad we all made up nice and fuzzy feeling..
Maybe you and "THE DROP" should go out on a date sometime...
oh..sorry i forgot your married.
RENEGAYDE has NOT DISSAPEARED!! HE WILL RESURFACE SOON!
HE IS HIDING UNDER SOME MUD LIKE RAMBO WITH HIS SURVIVAL KNIFE IN HIS TEETH AND HE"S ABOUT TO JUMP ON YOU FROM BEHIND!!!!

Crasher
09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Lurking around?/

lurk...lurk...lurk..
Just call me lurky lurkington

Renegade
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
First off, the running back u speak of is one hell of a football player so he deserved all the praise he received on this board. Second, Yes Royal has a young team and will not be as solid early in the season as the past couple of years. The kids will be ready to play Friday night at 7pm when u pricks get to town. I assure you there is no discipline problems with the group of kids we have. It will be a close game and Royal pulls it out late in the fourth quarter for the 4th Straight Time. Final Score Royal 31-28. Good Day Sir.

buff4ever
09-01-2011, 11:37 AM
First off, the running back u speak of is one hell of a football player so he deserved all the praise he received on this board. Second, Yes Royal has a young team and will not be as solid early in the season as the past couple of years. The kids will be ready to play Friday night at 7pm when u pricks get to town. I assure you there is no discipline problems with the group of kids we have. It will be a close game and Royal pulls it out late in the fourth quarter for the 4th Straight Time. Final Score Royal 31-28. Good Day Sir.

:clap::clap::clap:

Good to have you join the conversation. He is a great athlete and running back, still doesn't change that you don't speak near as much as last year, that was the only point made. No one ever said he wasn't good, no one said you shouldn't have won, we just are saying you are not posting on here a tenth as much as last year.

And us beating you this year doesn't take anything away from your last 3 victories against us, or what Brandon is doing right now. Just saying. We are going to win!:wave:

1st and goal
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM

From one prick to another,,,personally I'd like to hear about a date between BOCEPHUS and Renegade....:1popcorn:

Bout time y'all showed up...it was really boring around here...blah, blah, blah...

Is there a good place to eat around there?

1st and goal
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Almost forgot, I will enjoy watching Brandon on Saturdays, and hopefully on Sundays too! Just wishing he would have stayed in state to play Saturday ball....

Renegade
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Season is just warming up, relax. We are always lurking around here. Just a little early in the year to be stirring the pot. You won't hear us talking about what happened last year or year before last. Yall are the ones that keep bringing it up and making some BS excuse. You weren't the only ones that got beat by us. There were many other's. Bring yalls loud speakers on over and get ready for the arse kicking that is about to ensue. Yes I said it. New Coach, Same arse whoopings. Good Day sir.

TheDrop
09-01-2011, 01:23 PM
From one prick to another,,,personally I'd like to hear about a date between BOCEPHUS and Renegade....:1popcorn:

Bout time y'all showed up...it was really boring around here...blah, blah, blah...

Is there a good place to eat around there?

Galileos right by school is good Mexican. There is a Dennys, Jack, and Bk in town. The subway and churchs aren't open yet that i know of. Also down the road from BK is a place called Taco Adrian. My favorite place in town. If you go get the Gordita Especial or the Torta Milanesa.

Renegade
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Galileo"s has decent mexican food right by the school. Pop's Pit has good BBQ. Not much else in Brookshire. Katy is 10 min away, plenty there.

buff4ever
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Galileos right by school is good Mexican. There is a Dennys, Jack, and Bk in town. The subway and churchs aren't open yet that i know of. Also down the road from BK is a place called Taco Adrian. My favorite place in town. If you go get the Gordita Especial or the Torta Milanesa.

Now that is a helpfull and intelligent post right there.

1st and goal
09-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks!!! Now you've done gone and made me hungry.

Crasher
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Lurk..............Lurk...................Lurk..... .............Lurk................................. ..........
Lurk...........................................
Lurk..................Lurk........................ ...................
Lurk................

1st and goal
09-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Giddings JV is doing awesome. Did anyone make it to last nights game? Care to comment?

buff4ever
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Lurk..............Lurk...................Lurk..... .............Lurk................................. ..........
Lurk...........................................
Lurk..................Lurk........................ ...................
Lurk................

At least on the computer I know when you are lurking, at the game tonight, you just kinda freak me out:):wave::clap:

gtownfan
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Giddings JV is doing awesome. Did anyone make it to last nights game? Care to comment?

Wasn't there, but got a report. Buffs put it to them from the start. Second string was in midway through the 2nd.

Got some good players on that team. A few might will probably be called up later in the year.

TheDrop
09-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Wasn't there, but got a report. Buffs put it to them from the start. Second string was in midway through the 2nd.

It needs to be stated that Royal's "JV" is a basically a true freshman squad with less then 10 upperclassmen mixed in.

Renegade
09-02-2011, 10:00 AM

Got some good players on that team. A few might will probably be called up later in the year.

Congratulations, yall got after a freshman team. 95% of that team are freshman.
And yes there were some good athletes on Giddings JV.

buff4ever
09-02-2011, 10:13 AM
50 something to nothing and 52 - 6 against burnet, the guys are just saying that our JV is playing some ball. It is good to see, makes you feel good for next year, adding them to the mix with Joseph Glenn and gang.

1st and goal
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Congratulations, yall got after a freshman team. 95% of that team are freshman.
And yes there were some good athletes on Giddings JV.

I got a stupid question. So does BR not field a true freshman team? I'm guessing with some of the talent you guys have, that even some frosh make it onto varsity? I know it happens in Giddings.

We aren't rubbing it in anyone's face, its just that they look promising since they (JV) even looked good against Wimberley in scrimmage too.

Renegade
09-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Royal does not have a Freshman team. We have a JV team that consists of 90% freshman and the rest are a couple of sophmores. Our Varsity group this year is fairly young experience wise. We do not have any freshman on varsity. We have a tough pre season schedule that will get these kids ready to go by district.

Buff42
09-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Buffs Roll. With love from the biggest prick in the Dirty G

1st and goal
09-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Buffs looked good tonight. Fewer penalties. I don't think we had even 1 false start???

Score ended up 45-3. BR's passing game is not yet in sync. The offense had a handful of false starts. They have some studs on the team, just need some "jellin". Good luck in district. Thanks for hosting us.