View Full Version : Wylie vs Rockdale

ccmom
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Listen live at

http://bulldogsliveonline.com/Listen_Live_Game_Archive.php

Kickoff at 6pm

ccmom
08-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Wylie wins the toss. 109 degrees on the field...

Let's go Dawgs!!

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Any idea what the scoring line is for this one? Is Rockdale supposed to be way down this year without their stud RB?

ccmom
08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Rockdale 3 and out on first possession

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:04 PM
66 yard drive by the Dawgs...

Touchdown Garret Martin

Wylie 7
Rockdale 0

7:47 left in first

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice drive by Rockdale ends in fumble on Wylie 17.

Wylie ball

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:18 PM
End of first

Wylie 7
Rockdale 0

Wylie driving and will start 2nd with first down on Rockdale 17

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Wylie fumbles deep in Rockdale territory. Tigers ball

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Wylie takes over on downs on own 43

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Touchdown Bulldogs!

Wylie 14
Rockdale 0

3:08 left in half

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Touchdown Rockdale

Wylie 14
Rockdale 6 (missed PAT)

1:23 left in half

ccmom
08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Wylie with 4th and 14....

28 yd TD pass!!

Wylie 21
Rockdale 6

21 secs left in half

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Halftime...

21-6

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Halftime...

21-6

Wylie fumbles on first play of half

Rockdale driving now inside Wylie 10

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Touchdown Rockdale

Wylie 21
Rockdale 14 (2 pt conv good)

Early third qtr

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:43 PM
34 yard TD pass by the Dawgs

Wylie 28
Rockdale 14

7:15 left in third

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Rockdale interception...

Rockdale ball on Wylie 32

ccmom
08-27-2011, 07:59 PM
End of third

Wylie 28
Rockdale 14

Rockdale inside the Wylie 10

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Interception by Wylie's Kelvin James....

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Wylie QB fumbles....Rockdale ball on Wylie 17

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Holy Turnover, Batman! Rockdale fumbles and Wylie recovers

Johnny Utah
08-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Is it raining in Milam county or what?? Come on Tigers!!!

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Is that like 8 turnovers now?

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Is that like 8 turnovers now?

Seven I think. 4 for us and 3 for them but I could be wrong. Too many for sure.

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Interception by Wylie's Richard Bloomer and 98 yard TD return!!!

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Now it's 8, Tin Cup haha!!

Roughneck93
08-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Interception by Wylie's Richard Bloomer and 98 yard TD return!!! Wow! :eek:

Tin Cup
Terrible...

ccmom
Wylie 35
Rockdale 14

late 4th qtr....

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Terrible...

Yeah that's not what you like to see but it is the first game of the season. I know, I know....Brownwood is perfect and they beat a fantastic team last night. I get it.

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Wylie runs out the clock

Final
Wylie 35
Rockdale 14

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah that's not what you like to see but it is the first game of the season. I know, I know....Brownwood is perfect and they beat a fantastic team last night. I get it.

Calm down cc. Just saying 8 turnovers is terrible. Not knocking wylie

ccmom
08-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Wylie QB Matt McLeod...

20/26 for 315 yards....3 Touchdowns...1 interception

Yoe_09
08-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Not a bad game overall. The biggest key to this game was the Wylie passing game. Most of the time the Wylie QB was getting all the time he wanted to throw the ball. Rockdale D did a pretty good job of stopping the run but had no answer for QB and the WR's. Rockdale looked a little better overall then I thought they would coming into this one. On offense thye moved the ball well but when they got into the redzone(4 times) they would either fumble or throw a pic. Brinkley has improved but he still has a ways to go. I was not overly impressed with what I saw tonight from both teams but there is time for improvement before district starts.

LionKing
08-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah that's not what you like to see but it is the first game of the season. I know, I know....Brownwood is perfect and they beat a fantastic team last night. I get it.Hey Girlie, you better behave.:wave:

BaseballUmp
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Wylie has got a couple good receivers especially that tall one. Qb had good touch and had plenty of time in the pocket to make his reads.

Rockdale was a lot better than I first thought besides all the turnovers. #10 Davis is a haus. He probably had about 10 tackles in the first quarter. Had a pick and forced a fumble I believe and scored a td running the ball. That kids gonna be good. OT was saying he was 1st team all district LB as a freshman last year. Rdale is young but they have alot of potential.

Rocket
08-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Gatesville could beat Rockdale. Just sayin'... Wylie is excited they completed a pass. They haven't completed a pass since the Graham game of 2009... Lol

ccmom
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Gatesville could beat Rockdale. Just sayin'... Wylie is excited they completed a pass. They haven't completed a pass since the Graham game of 2009... Lol Really surprising post. I'm sure we could have played the Pittsburg Steelers and you would say Gatesville was better. Carry on, Rockee.

coach
08-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Really surprising post. I'm sure we could have played the Pittsburg Steelers and you would say Gatesville was better. Carry on, Rockee.

you know who gatesville isnt better than......Carthage

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2011, 11:03 PM
you know who gatesville isnt better than......Carthage I lol'd

rockdale80
08-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Wylie has got a couple good receivers especially that tall one. Qb had good touch and had plenty of time in the pocket to make his reads.

Rockdale was a lot better than I first thought besides all the turnovers. #10 Davis is a haus. He probably had about 10 tackles in the first quarter. Had a pick and forced a fumble I believe and scored a td running the ball. That kids gonna be good. OT was saying he was 1st team all district LB as a freshman last year. Rdale is young but they have alot of potential.

Even though my Tigers lost it was still a good game and they show signs of potential. Rockdale couldnt help but shoot themselves in the foot on a regular basis, but Wylie forced plenty of those errors and I am not trying to take that away. Wylie is a class act team and I think both teams showed sportsmanship all around.

Good luck the rest of the way Rockdale and the same to Wylie!

eagles_victory
08-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Rockdale was better than I thought if they had Brooks and the elder David they would be really tough. Wylie was impressive as well give Mcleod I think that is the QBs name a little more time and in game experience and you may have something he showed a lot of poise and some good throwing ability. Wylie didn't run the ball well but Rockdale had a solid front 7 and David was everywhere. Wylie is about where they need to be just have to keep getting better. 20 is a great football player for Wylie he can pretty much do it all. Bloomer (88) does nothing great on the football field but he does everything well which makes him a really good football player great football knowledge.

Wylie is a classy program (Im biased) but these kids are always helping other kids up and showing a lot of sportsmanship even if they just got laid out by James David lol. The T-Shirt cannon guy was aggravating me a little bit never even shot one close to me. Also, the Wylie cheerleaders did a great job cheering so Im not trying to knock them but there throwing arms need some work. I didn't see them throw a ball past about the 6th row all night.

Never sit by baseballump at a game if you want a ball. Dude made an all state DB play to knock one out of my hand needless to say I wasn't happy. Not nearly as bad as 06 Ennis Kimball when Coach pushed me as hard as he could to keep me from catching a shirt though.

ccmom
08-27-2011, 11:14 PM
you know who gatesville isnt better than......Carthage

Haha...don't you mean the refs at the Carthage/Brownwood game? We all know they stole the game from Brownwood!!!! Blah blah blah

coach
08-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Rockdale was better than I thought if they had Brooks and the elder David they would be really tough. Wylie was impressive as well give Mcleod I think that is the QBs name a little more time and in game experience and you may have something he showed a lot of poise and some good throwing ability. Wylie didn't run the ball well but Rockdale had a solid front 7 and David was everywhere. Wylie is about where they need to be just have to keep getting better. 20 is a great football player for Wylie he can pretty much do it all. Bloomer (88) does nothing great on the football field but he does everything good which makes him a really good football player great football knowledge.

Wylie is a classy program (Im biased) but these kids are always helping other kids up and showing a lot of sportsmanship even if they just got laid out by James David lol. The T-Shirt cannon guy was aggravating me a little bit never even shot one close to me. Also, the Wylie cheerleaders did a great job cheering so Im not trying to knock them but there throwing arms need some work. I didn't see them throw a ball past about the 6th row all night.

Never sit by baseballump at a game if you want a ball. Dude made an all state DB play to knock one out of my hand needless to say I wasn't happy. Not nearly as bad as 06 Ennis Kimball when Coach pushed me as hard as he could to keep me from catching a shirt though.
i dont think mine would be considered pass interference bc i was "going for the ball".

i think about that game everytime i drive by the stadium when i go to my g parents house

eagles_victory
08-27-2011, 11:18 PM
i dont think mine would be considered pass interference bc i was "going for the ball".

i think about that game everytime i drive by the stadium when i go to my g parents house Talk about a *** moment. I still remember when that happened and being like wow did that really just happen.

coach
08-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Talk about a *** moment. I still remember when that happened and being like wow did that really just happen.

my bad bro lol

bobcat1
08-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah that's not what you like to see but it is the first game of the season. I know, I know....Brownwood is perfect and they beat a fantastic team last night. I get it.:rolleyes: Fixed it for ya. You left out your signature :rolleyes:You're slippin' or sippin'.:thinking:

ccmom
08-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Even though my Tigers lost it was still a good game and they show signs of potential. Rockdale couldnt help but shoot themselves in the foot on a regular basis, but Wylie forced plenty of those errors and I am not trying to take that away. Wylie is a class act team and I think both teams showed sportsmanship all around.

Good luck the rest of the way Rockdale and the same to Wylie! Nice post! Good luck to the Tigers as well! You guys have had some tough breaks but appear to not be looking back and that's admirable. I'm hoping we can find a way to play y'all again, only at Bulldog
Stadium. It would be shame for y'all to
miss out on the scenic route to Abilene!!! Thanks for being gracious hosts to a great game!

eagles_victory
08-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Thought I would add this hottest football game I had ever attended. When I was driving through Hearne and it said 116 I was like wow this is going to be a long night.

ccmom
08-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Fixed it for ya. You left out your signature :rolleyes:You're slippin' or sippin'.:thinking:Thank you! I'm having trouble finding my rolling eyes from my phone. Then I just gave up and popped another
cork! Thanks so much for having my back!

Old Tiger
08-28-2011, 12:23 AM
i'm drunk!

freshmen runningback from rockdale looked good
james david is a hoss
88 from wylie is a hoss

rockdale didn't have change for a 20 because of all the 100 dollar bills wylie kept paying with
the toilet paper was adequate
wylie cheerleaders need to work on there arms
disappointed there weren't many wylie milfs
ump and EV are 2%er's
I saw the jet wylie flown in on...not impressive
heard under armour outbid nike for the sponsorship of wylie

Wylie isn't as rich as you think some kid was willing to hit baseballump in the head with a football for 5$.....poor kid.
EV had a good time with the wylie cheerleaders

eagles_victory
08-28-2011, 12:26 AM
i'm drunk!

james david is a hoss
88 from wylie is a hoss

rockdale didn't have change for a 20 because of all the 100 dollar bills wylie kept paying with
ump and EV are 2%er's

Wylie isn't as rich as you think some kid was willing to hit baseballump in the head with a football for 5$.....poor kid.
EV had a good time with the wylie cheerleaders What are you talking about 2%? and cheerleaders lol

Pendragon13
08-28-2011, 08:23 AM
i'm drunk!

freshmen runningback from rockdale looked good [yep, they can build the team around that kid]
james david is a hoss [not sure who that is, I'll take your word for it]
88 from wylie is a hoss [always reminds me of Austin Gray (09 team, Colorado State now) because he's about the same size, plays the same positions and wears the same number]

rockdale didn't have change for a 20 because of all the 100 dollar bills wylie kept paying with [lol]
the toilet paper was adequate [I hope so..see above :) ]
wylie cheerleaders need to work on there arms [not sure what you mean, but ok I'm sure they'll get right on it]
disappointed there weren't many wylie milfs [come to the home games at Bulldog stadium and troll the reserved section]
ump and EV are 2%er's [lol..as in Hell's Angels?]
I saw the jet wylie flown in on...not impressive [we decided to use the small one this time, the landing strip was kinda short]
heard under armour outbid nike for the sponsorship of wylie [praise be for that, have you seen what Nike is doing to college ball?]

Wylie isn't as rich as you think some kid was willing to hit baseballump in the head with a football for 5$.....poor kid. [If I had know about that I would have gotten in on it!]
EV had a good time with the wylie cheerleaders [in his dreams] All in all not a bad start for the Bulldogs...but waaay too many turnovers (for both teams) but that is something that can be worked on and corrected. We get to find out exactly where we stand when Stephenville comes to town next week...and then Brownwood gets the benefit of seeing what a district rival can or can't do against them. ;)

slingshot
08-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Rockdale=Class Act. Coaches, kids, townfolk... thanks for the hospitality!

BaseballUmp
08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Yea that kid is lucky I'm such a nice guy and some Cameron coaches I played for were standing behind me or I would have stole his football and his mom probably. Those 2 little kids, one had Hood on his jersey and I can't remember what the other had almost got tackled by me and EV.

And Old Tiger, wth are you talking about 2%?

BaseballUmp
08-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Rockdale was better than I thought if they had Brooks and the elder David they would be really tough. Wylie was impressive as well give Mcleod I think that is the QBs name a little more time and in game experience and you may have something he showed a lot of poise and some good throwing ability. Wylie didn't run the ball well but Rockdale had a solid front 7 and David was everywhere. Wylie is about where they need to be just have to keep getting better. 20 is a great football player for Wylie he can pretty much do it all. Bloomer (88) does nothing great on the football field but he does everything well which makes him a really good football player great football knowledge.

Dude I had a bead on that ball. Sorry, but I play for keeps. I thought they would be like diamond encrusted though. A little disappointed to see they were just 7-11 and Dr. Pepper haha

eagles_victory
08-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Yea that kid is lucky I'm such a nice guy and some Cameron coaches I played for were standing behind me or I would have stole his football and his mom probably. Those 2 little kids, one had Hood on his jersey and I can't remember what the other had almost got tackled by me and EV.

And Old Tiger, wth are you talking about 2%? Hood didn't like me intercepting his pass...

garciap77
08-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Gatesville could beat Rockdale. Just sayin'... Wylie is excited they completed a pass. They haven't completed a pass since the Graham game of 2009... Lol

How's those HOBBS Eagles doing????

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3.gif

LOL

garciap77
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
i'm drunk!

james david is a hoss
88 from wylie is a hoss

ump and EV are 2%er's

EV had a good time with the wylie cheerleaders

I wished I could have made the game! I would have bought you a couple of beers --- GO Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/HI_wiggle_fingers.gif