PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Callalen on February 25

Phil C
02-18-2003, 11:44 AM
According to the Sinton baseball schedule. The game is to be played in Callalen. The game will be between two No. 1 ranked state teams with Sinton No. 1 in 3A and Callalen No. 1 in 4A. The time is not definite yet according to the schedule and I will post it when I find out if anyone is interested. Last year Sinton was State Champions in 3A and Callalen was State Runner Ups last year. It should be a great game if anyone can make it but don't expect both teams to be at their best because they will be looking at new players and trying players at different positions this early in the year. Plus two of Sinton's starters are still playing basketball including the State Championship MVP. Still it is interesting.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-18-2003, 12:04 PM
yes can u please post what time the game starts. Would have been great if it would be played on a saturday. thanks

pirate4state
02-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Hopefully this year it won't be to :rolleyes: COLD :rolleyes: for those Wildcats! Last year they were supposed to play around this same time & I guess we had one of those rare 50 degree "cold fronts" and they cancelled! :mad:

Unless it is snowing...a game should not be cancelled b/c it is too cold!!!

Heard a rumor that Adrian was actually gonna get to pitch against those Cats. Usually, Coach K likes to check out his other pitchers. Omar Gutierrez (1st baseman) should be back on the mound this year & I think Matt Trujillo is still playing basketball so I don't know who else is pitching at the varsity level???

Sorry, to go on and on...

sinton66
02-18-2003, 06:31 PM
Jason Adams is also still playing basketball. He will return to the mound. He's the state tournament MVP Phil was talking about, but then you probably knew that.

<small>[ February 18, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pirate4state
02-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Yes, I knew that. I was wondering about underclassmen?? I haven't heard any other names, you?

sinfan75
02-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Dang,that's next week.Hope they have it late enough so us workin folk can go.

sinton66
02-19-2003, 06:24 AM
No, I haven't heard any more names either. I'll probably be talking to Coach K in the next couple of weeks, and will try to remember to ask.

Phil C
02-19-2003, 09:32 AM
I got an updated schedule and the time is 7:00 P.M. Hope every one can make it.

pirate4state
02-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Let's all pray to the Gods for: NO RAIN!!! It looks pretty gloomy out there right now. Forecast for this weekend is good, but you never know. I'm looking forward to this game. :D

Phil C
02-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Pirate I am not sure but we may be in for a disappointment because according to the Corpus Christi caller times the weather prediction today for next Tuesday is a high of 42 and a low of 36 with rain. So unfortunately the game may be cancelled. We will have to wait and see.