PDA

View Full Version : a day to give thanks....

trojandad
08-27-2011, 02:01 PM
after a past year of failing kidneys, loving and caring showers, the joy of a baby to come, the tragedy of loosing the same, doing without my wife for 2 months, the joy of getting her back, the approaching graduation, the many prayers from so many for so much in our lives, i asked my kind wife if she would meet me at the lake this evening and renew our vows....

our daughter will be there, my two sons and about a dozen close friends....she surprised me and said yes again...

i often compare her being with me to a single woman who wins the lottery and chooses to give it all to a man just because she loves him....ive never for one second understood the rationality of her spending the rest of her life, something far more valuable than a hundred million dollars could buy.....and yet with me teetering on deaths door for a while, she still wants to be here....

i guess ill ask God when i get there to explain her rationale...but for today, im just a pretty blessed guy....thank you guys and girls for your prayers that allowed me to get to this day.....its a really happy one.....

zebrablue2
08-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Very happy for you both:clap:

bobcat1
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
That's awesome!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2011, 09:49 AM
That is beautiful!! Congrats to the both of you and hopes for a renewed life!!!

1st and goal
08-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Congrats!

LionFan72
08-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Dang near put a tear in my eye, that is a wonderful idea you have done! Give you two thumbs up for that move, may God bless you and your family with good health and great times! Thank you for sharing!

trojandad
08-28-2011, 01:50 PM
it was a beautiful time.....lots of happy tears flowing, appreciative friends and family....gave my daughter a ring like her moms during the service, she feels 29 now...got to see so many thankful tears flow from my felicias eyes and feel my boys hand on my shoulder at the same time...we all gave thanks for borrowed time in life.....and had a great time together until the early hours today....

thanks so much for all the well wishes....shes a pretty happy woman today, thats all i wanted.....

Roughneck93
08-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Congrats td! :clap:

trojandad
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Congrats!

thanks, my friend....i know of all out here you understand well.....i appreciate all your words....

slingshot
08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Congrats! Hope you two have many, many more years together!

trojandad
08-30-2011, 01:55 AM
i just wanted to say....the quality of people on this board is just really mind blowing....i would never reveal the things revealed to me in private whenever ive asked for prayer when i was hurting so bad last year, or even this year when my health gets better and so many happy thoughts are shared with me, or even after this small vow renewal....but i could fill a small book with the personal challenges, the triumphs, the sadnesses, all that so many have been so open with, and all seemingly just to be a blessing in one way or the other to myself and my felicia....

there are some real titans lurking on this board disguised as just decent, honorable people, but im telling you that since last november i have sat in private discussions with many here and have had my heart wrench with sympathy, uplifted with the most amazing achievements and all the while just being SO appreciative that they would take the time to share such private items of joy or tragedy...

i held it together saturday, i knew she was gonna think about me in the hospital bed during our vows, she even said so during them, that was ok, i was ready even when my son wrapped his arm around me during the vows and was happy tearing on my shoulder, i made it ok....i got back home, read what was shared with me on here and the stories dropped me to my knees in such thanks and appreciation for what i have, and what we all are together...i lost it when reading those stories when i hadnt lost it all day....

this trip thru life takes some different turns....boy am i glad He didnt let me get out of this trip without first discovering some of you....this old boy really cant say thank you enough for all the things you didnt have to tell.....bless you so much....:)