PDA

View Full Version : Chapel hill

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Dropped 74 on Palestine Westwood. O.o

I'd say their offense is ready to go.

RoyceTTU
08-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Dropped 74 on Palestine Westwood. O.oI'd say their offense is ready to go.Queue up all the haters for running up the score for no reason.

eagles_victory
08-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Queue up all the haters for running up the score for no reason. I doubt they ran up the score Westwood is just that bad.

Roughneck93
08-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Seems like it's all in a days work for them.

poisoned10
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
I doubt they ran up the score Westwood is just that bad.

Still doesn't usually stop the haters.

lulu
08-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey..we took it off Gilmer last year. It happens and it only hurts a little while. No need to get all sideways over it.

LionFan72
08-29-2011, 06:28 AM
I think the great Coach Lou Holtz said it best to an opponnet coach while at South Carolina,"It is my job to win the game, it is your job to stop me from doing that!"

trojandad
08-29-2011, 07:20 AM
i know this is probably gonna sound like sour grapes (and remembering i have chapel hill as #1 and above us in my own poll) but westwood shouldnt have scored that much on the hill, even on their subs.....the state rankings around the web have westwood down around the shepherds and tarkingtons, a school that hasnt made the playoffs since the 50's....i cant believe their coaches are happy with that....am wonderin if that shows any holes in the armor on defense...i still believe that athens, a very good but not great team last year, exposed some gaps in their defense that later were opened up for a loss....

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
i know this is probably gonna sound like sour grapes (and remembering i have chapel hill as #1 and above us in my own poll) but westwood shouldnt have scored that much on the hill, even on their subs.....the state rankings around the web have westwood down around the shepherds and tarkingtons, a school that hasnt made the playoffs since the 50's....i cant believe their coaches are happy with that....am wonderin if that shows any holes in the armor on defense...i still believe that athens, a very good but not great team last year, exposed some gaps in their defense that later were opened up for a loss....

I think ur looking way to much for a weakness..PW scored on TD on a kick off return..one on a broken pass play and one on a long run after CH had socred 65 points

Also Henderson did not beat CH last year because of the CH defense..Henderson's D was the reason..they had 9 sacks and forced 3 turnovers and one TD was a drive of all of 15 yards..another all of 30 yards after a terrible punt

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:31 AM

The coaches are not happy. Check out Tylerpaper.com. CH looked rusty at times. Alot of penalties. I know this is the first game with some new faces on the field. Maybe they will mold together soon. This week should be interesting.

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
The coaches are not happy. Check out Tylerpaper.com. CH looked rusty at times. Alot of penalties. I know this is the first game with some new faces on the field. Maybe they will mold together soon. This week should be interesting.

cannot wait to broadcast this weeks game..People dont understand this rivalry

trojandad
08-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I think ur looking way to much for a weakness..PW scored on TD on a kick off return..one on a broken pass play and one on a long run after CH had socred 65 points

Also Henderson did not beat CH last year because of the CH defense..Henderson's D was the reason..they had 9 sacks and forced 3 turnovers and one TD was a drive of all of 15 yards..another all of 30 yards after a terrible punt

i agree with your assessment of the hill last year against henderson, but you supported my point about this years game without realizing it...yes, all the scores were flukes, irrelavent points, yet irrelavent points not scored against us by teams in our district like a shepherd/tarkington, were talking a team that hasnt made the playoffs since the 50s, not just a normal bad team....a team with athletes like kirbyville didnt score the points "accidentally" that palestine did....

look, i know its hard comparing teams with no common opponents, i catch grief from people like saggy all the time for trying, but in all my asking ive tried to make sense of last years athens/ch game when just a few games later i expected a game from athens only to have them out of it by halftime...i think games like athens showed us they had ways to be beaten, and maybe navasota just had the same kind of night against them that wimberley had against us.....i dont know, just lookin.....i just know our coaching staff would be SO pissed if shepherd scored 23 on us, no matter when or how they got scored....cause dropping 70 pts on those two teams in our district is only refused by giving grace....

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:38 AM
CH will be missing three starters this week. The injuries have got to stop.

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:41 AM
i agree with your assessment of the hill last year against henderson, but you supported my point about this years game without realizing it...yes, all the scores were flukes, irrelavent points, yet irrelavent points not scored against us by teams in our district like a shepherd/tarkington, were talking a team that hasnt made the playoffs since the 50s, not just a normal bad team....a team with athletes like kirbyville didnt score the points "accidentally" that palestine did....

look, i know its hard comparing teams with no common opponents, i catch grief from people like saggy all the time for trying, but in all my asking ive tried to make sense of last years athens/ch game when just a few games later i expected a game from athens only to have them out of it by halftime...i think games like athens showed us they had ways to be beaten, and maybe navasota just had the same kind of night against them that wimberley had against us.....i dont know, just lookin.....i just know our coaching staff would be SO pissed if shepherd scored 23 on us, no matter when or how they got scored....cause dropping 70 pts on those two teams in our district is only refused by giving grace....

WW had one kid that could burn. He gave our #2's a little trouble when he would get outside. Keep in mind. EVERYONE got to play.

trojandad
08-29-2011, 08:41 AM

thats good to know, chillfan, im sure you guys are as tough as ever, wasnt tryin to start a turf war, just didnt see that score and think "annihilation"....it showed me you guys have the offense for sure, but made me go "hmmmm" on the defense...i think your right, this week will do some showing....

trojandad
08-29-2011, 08:42 AM
CH will be missing three starters this week. The injuries have got to stop.

do you know who is out? any chance a week will heal them?

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=trojandad;1602466]
look, i know its hard comparing teams with no common opponents, i catch grief from people like saggy all the time for trying, but in all my asking ive tried to make sense of last years athens/ch game when just a few games later i expected a game from athens only to have them out of it by halftime..QUOTE]

I dont think you can make sense of certain games..ch had a huge lead on athens then athens almost came back..I dont think that game showed anything else but that.

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
thats good to know, chillfan, im sure you guys are as tough as ever, wasnt tryin to start a turf war, just didnt see that score and think "annihilation"....it showed me you guys have the offense for sure, but made me go "hmmmm" on the defense...i think your right, this week will do some showing....

I understand. I myself have gone "hmmmm" a couple of times especially when we scrimmaged Arp.

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:47 AM
They way CH played WW, they dont deserve to be sitting #1. They probably dont deserve to be in the top 10. But, there are some new faces and it was the 1st game. I expect them to get better by the week. They better-Whitehouse this week and Carthage next. Followed by Lindale.

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:49 AM
do you know who is out? any chance a week will heal them?

Sir Calvin-NT
Rex Rollins-RB
Trey Allen-WR

All should be back in 2 weeks. Sir didnt play against WW and Rollins went out in the 1st qtr. Trey is suffering from Migraines.

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 08:50 AM
They way CH played WW, they dont deserve to be sitting #1. They probably dont deserve to be in the top 10. But, there are some new faces and it was the 1st game. I expect them to get better by the week. They better-Whitehouse this week and Carthage next. Followed by Lindale.

I think Lindale is a huge darkhorse this year

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=trojandad;1602466]
look, i know its hard comparing teams with no common opponents, i catch grief from people like saggy all the time for trying, but in all my asking ive tried to make sense of last years athens/ch game when just a few games later i expected a game from athens only to have them out of it by halftime..QUOTE]

I dont think you can make sense of certain games..ch had a huge lead on athens then athens almost came back..I dont think that game showed anything else but that.

CH Athens game is as big as rivalry as CH WH. Things just happen and Athens fought back in the game.

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 08:53 AM

I believe your right.

trojandad
08-29-2011, 09:03 AM
[/QUOTE]I dont think you can make sense of certain games..ch had a huge lead on athens then athens almost came back..I dont think that game showed anything else but that.[/QUOTE]

meant something to some in the know, athens rose in the rankings after that loss.....

all i was saying is i would have dropped us some if shepherd/tarkington scored 20 pts on us in any fashion.....sounds like even chillfan agrees with me to some degree.....im sure theyll come out turned up to stop that this week....

oldtownag
08-29-2011, 09:04 AM

We will know more after friday!

trojandad
08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
my whole thing about what possibly, and i stress possibly as an outsider unfamiliar with the rivalries there, if i think the athens game showed something, then it was all but wiped away with their domination of navasota, then a lot of us (including me) were surprised at the henderson game....i think they had a game against navasota like we had against wimberley, it wouldnt happened like that again if either game were played 10 more times....

again, just a theory on why ch didnt wipe the board out last year......and maybe this.....

and i couldnt agree more about lindale, a buddy of mine went to their practice and said they have some darth vadar attitude guys on defense, even tearing up their own offensive guys....their coaches were calling their defense off same team guys....

trojandad
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Sir Calvin-NT
Rex Rollins-RB
Trey Allen-WR

All should be back in 2 weeks. Sir didnt play against WW and Rollins went out in the 1st qtr. Trey is suffering from Migraines.

is "sir" his given name or a nickname, didnt know. as for migraines, they make that nose spray with the same kind of deadening agent that dentists use on ones teeth, it gives immediate, if short term, relief from them, my sister swears by it.....seems like a game situation would be perfect for that...hope he checks into it....

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
is "sir" his given name or a nickname, didnt know. as for migraines, they make that nose spray with the same kind of deadening agent that dentists use on ones teeth, it gives immediate, if short term, relief from them, my sister swears by it.....seems like a game situation would be perfect for that...hope he checks into it....

Sir Calvin Wallace - 6'2" 300 pounds of nasty lol

trojandad
08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Sir Calvin Wallace - 6'2" 300 pounds of nasty lol

id want that kind of "sir" back quickly, too....

lostaussie
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
The Chapel Hill/Carthage game should be a dandy!!

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
my whole thing about what possibly, and i stress possibly as an outsider unfamiliar with the rivalries there, if i think the athens game showed something, then it was all but wiped away with their domination of navasota, then a lot of us (including me) were surprised at the henderson game....i think they had a game against navasota like we had against wimberley, it wouldnt happened like that again if either game were played 10 more times....

again, just a theory on why ch didnt wipe the board out last year......and maybe this.....

and i couldnt agree more about lindale, a buddy of mine went to their practice and said they have some darth vadar attitude guys on defense, even tearing up their own offensive guys....their coaches were calling their defense off same team guys....

If beating Nav so bad was a freak thing, then so was beating WC?

trojandad
08-29-2011, 12:22 PM
If beating Nav so bad was a freak thing, then so was beating WC?

youve got a good point, hard to get two freaks in a row.....even though as good as we were playing at the end last year i dont believe we would have dismantled athens and wimberley the way we did if played 5 times over again....i dont think we were quite as good as shown then, nor a 6 td passing loser to carthage as later shown...

im guessin you were there, did you see navasotas game against yall fairly typical or were they shooting themselves in the foot..?

Chillfan
08-29-2011, 12:30 PM
youve got a good point, hard to get two freaks in a row.....even though as good as we were playing at the end last year i dont believe we would have dismantled athens and wimberley the way we did if played 5 times over again....i dont think we were quite as good as shown then, nor a 6 td passing loser to carthage as later shown...

im guessin you were there, did you see navasotas game against yall fairly typical or were they shooting themselves in the foot..?

I was there and CH's defense just wouldnt allow nothing. Same way with WC. We got down quick against Henderson and I think our kids werent ready mentally for the suprise they got. After beating Nav and WC the way they did, I think they were riding a little high mentally. Henderson shocked them and then we were in catch-up mode which caused some mistakes. I also think we got outcoached. Henderson adjusted and we didnt. That should be fixed this year.

Saggy Aggie
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM

and i couldnt agree more about lindale, a buddy of mine went to their practice and said they have some darth vadar attitude guys on defense, even tearing up their own offensive guys....their coaches were calling their defense off same team guys....Obviously you weren't around the week after the Chill/Navasota game.

The rattler fans will be the first to tell you that Chill just straight up beat them down. Completely outmatched. Beat them by 29 then Chill did the exact same thing to WC the next week beating us by 27, and us Necks fan will be the first to tell you we were completely outmatched as well.

Neither game was a fluke. CHill was the dominant team and a heavy favorite over henderson.

MGAR
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
About halfway down on the right is something pretty good on Chapel Hill. They will be doing it all season.

http://etfinalscore.com/

trojandad
08-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Obviously you weren't around the week after the Chill/Navasota game.

The rattler fans will be the first to tell you that Chill just straight up beat them down. Completely outmatched. Beat them by 29 then Chill did the exact same thing to WC the next week beating us by 27, and us Necks fan will be the first to tell you we were completely outmatched as well.

Neither game was a fluke. CHill was the dominant team and a heavy favorite over henderson.

well the week after the wimbo game their fans said the same, but it didnt mean i felt the same about the game as the winning side and trying objectivity, but i tried and will leave it at that....

chillfan, that sounds like us, athens was over at half and wimberley went 1/yd/carry, so when carthage throws a bomb first play and the luck of the feet tangling went to them, our guys had the same reaction as yours....it was an awkward sight when seeing how dominant we were before that, but carthage coach did a great job of making sure all his throws save one that night went away from sykes.....

Chillfan
08-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Flipping the switch week 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxq3nSvT0A&sns=em

Chillfan
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Sir Calvin Wallace

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_893316.html

Rex Rollins

http://www.ihigh.com/chapelhillfootball/video_891482.html