PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum 19, Columbus 16

YTBulldogs
08-27-2011, 01:05 AM
The determined Yoakum Bulldogs open the season with a road win at Columbus, 19-16.

Big difference was Yoakum didn't turn the ball over, while forcing 2 from Columbus. Last year, TO's doomed the Dogs, with 38 of them. Columbus used a couple trick plays for their scores. Yoakum's kicking game was also a key factor.

Yoakum will have to do what they have been doing early this season----improve each week, when they host LaGrange. Having depth this season is also a big plus for the Dogs. When you can spell a guy for a series or two, it pays off in crunch time.

So proud of you boys. Keep it up and remember, it's just game one of our mission.

Snotbubbles
08-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Ykm was a 14 point underdog in this one? Columbus a talented club too. Wow!!!

Pudlugger
08-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Impressive win for the Bulldogs. The Leps better shape up because Yoakum will be fired up for next week's matchup.

trojandad
08-27-2011, 07:43 AM
i think columbus had the athletes when they played us last year, they just seemed to have a confidence hiccup.....i think theyre better than they think they are....or at least were....

YTBulldogs
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Columbus sure looked like they had a field of studs last night. Bigger than we are (we'll be the smallest team in all our contest's though). But, not sure many team's will be faster than us. "Old School" Bode (Dogs DC) has him some wheels, that will knock you into next week on the D side of the ball.

Yoakum was RELENTLESS, and refused to lose this one. After the 2-8 nightmare last year, these kid's totally revamped their attitude and have done everything needed to be productive. Night and day difference (attitude/preparing/practice) from last year's club.

Amazing what will happen when you don't turn the ball over too. Coach K and his motivated staff has them believing. It's do what ever it takes to win, and all about the TEAM.

trojandad
08-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Columbus sure looked like they had a field of studs last night. Bigger than we are (we'll be the smallest team in all our contest's though). But, not sure many team's will be faster than us. "Old School" Bode (Dogs DC) has him some wheels, that will knock you into next week on the D side of the ball.

Yoakum was RELENTLESS, and refused to lose this one. After the 2-8 nightmare last year, these kid's totally revamped their attitude and have done everything needed to be productive. Night and day difference (attitude/preparing/practice) from last year's club.

Amazing what will happen when you don't turn the ball over too. Coach K and his motivated staff has them believing. It's do what ever it takes to win, and all about the TEAM.

so you think yoakum can be a player in district as long as they play clean ball? or will size come into play eventually?

BigGreen61
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
so you think yoakum can be a player in district as long as they play clean ball? Or will size come into play eventually?

no size an line play will send them greenbay packing once again. No playoff. Jk i no some kids over there that play wit heart!

YTBulldogs
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Give me kids with heart/desire/quickness over size any day, and we'll prove ourselves. Night and day difference from last year. Especially with attitude/commitment and wanting to practice. This team is relentless. Pound them all you want, they'll be back for seconds.:wave: And, this year, we have quality backups, to spell the first teamers. So our relentlessness continues for 48 minutes this year. No excuses, just get it done, period!!!!!

BG61, I got a dinner bet at Don Bravo's, when ya'll come to town on Oct 14th?

YTBulldogs
08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
no size an line play will send them greenbay packing once again. No playoff. Jk i no some kids over there that play wit heart!

When you go 2-8, you better take it one game at a time the following year. Trust me, LaGrange, and not the playoffs, is all we are worried about BG61. LaGrange is a quality opponent, that will have just as many studs Columbus had. Time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Bull's-eye
08-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Good win Yoakum!!

YTBulldogs
08-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Thanks Bulls-eye. We are improving weekly. Adding new twist's daily. Youngeon's are coming around and believing in themselves. Big improvement since we scrimmaged ya'll for sure.

Man, ya'll look good and love the new coach you have. The boy's seem determined playing for him in Beeville.

BigGreen61
08-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Give me kids with heart/desire/quickness over size any day, and we'll prove ourselves. Night and day difference from last year. Especially with attitude/commitment and wanting to practice. This team is relentless. Pound them all you want, they'll be back for seconds.:wave: And, this year, we have quality backups, to spell the first teamers. So our relentlessness continues for 48 minutes this year. No excuses, just get it done, period!!!!!

BG61, I got a dinner bet at Don Bravo's, when ya'll come to town on Oct 14th?

YTB, I will take you up on that bet. Do i need to order now. By Oct 14th we will be able to throw as well as we can run do to a movin

Bull's-eye
08-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks Bulls-eye. We are improving weekly. Adding new twist's daily. Youngeon's are coming around and believing in themselves. Big improvement since we scrimmaged ya'll for sure.

Man, ya'll look good and love the new coach you have. The boy's seem determined playing for him in Beeville.

Question, loved the play where the running back runs the sweep & then pitches to a trailing back, did Yoakum use that against Columbus? I know that play got a big gain in our scrimmage.

Lombardi
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
why the 14th?? 15 days after he enrolls he can play.... If his parent or legal guardian lives in the district!!!

YTB, I will take you up on that bet. Do i need to order now. By Oct 14th we will be able to throw as well as we can run do to a movin

YTBulldogs
08-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Question, loved the play where the running back runs the sweep & then pitches to a trailing back, did Yoakum use that against Columbus? I know that play got a big gain in our scrimmage.

We didn't run that one, but---did run a few option plays that were successful. Then, we spread it out, chunked it some, then back to some other formations. Hell, I keep waiting to see the bone appear.:) Lord, you never know what you are going to get and when. DC nightmare I'm sure.

Against ya'll, we ran basically tight formations and was really vanilla. Didn't pass much either. Add more each week, and the kid's are grasping it, and believing in the Coaches.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2011, 11:16 AM

Just 1 move in is all ya'll got with all the oil rigs going up in DeWitt County? Town has to have grown 1000 more residents. Hope this move in is better than that talented QB you got from Dallas?

By the way, you still living in Victoria BG61, and driving to Cuero daily?:eek: Must say, they did well getting #61 in their system. You should of traveled 18 miles North though, and dropped him off at school here.

BigGreen61
09-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Just 1 move in is all ya'll got with all the oil rigs going up in DeWitt County? Town has to have grown 1000 more residents. Hope this move in is better than that talented QB you got from Dallas?

By the way, you still living in Victoria BG61, and driving to Cuero daily?:eek: Must say, they did well getting #61 in their system. You should of traveled 18 miles North though, and dropped him off at school here.

We don't need no movin! or TJ to beat YT look at last year. Tbh edna will take it to to yall. we will see whos playing in NOV.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2011, 10:06 PM
We don't need no movin! or TJ to beat YT look at last year. Tbh edna will take it to to yall. we will see whos playing in NOV.

BG, we got 2 other tough ones before the talented Cowboys of Edna come to town. One at a time. LaGrange has our full attention. You are right though, Edna will be taking it to us. They are very good this year.
In regards to your move in, your the one that said ya'll had a move in. Trust me bud, this year's Dog team is nothing like last years. Keep thinking that. And, for the record, I never have slammed Cuero and said they would not be playing in Nov. I know Coach Owens very well, and he will have the Gob's going come district (when it matters), like last year.

29-3aFAN
09-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Last year: La Grange, 43-13.

Notes: Yoakum (1-0) and La Grange (0-1) play for the ninth time since 2000. La Grange holds a 6-2 edge during that span. Yoakum's last win over La Grange was a 27-23 decision in 2003. Yoakum opened the season with a 19-16 win over Columbus, and is going for its first 2-0 start since 2003. La Grange lost its season opener to Lockhart 34-9. Columbus out-gained Yoakum 367 to 296 yards, but Yoakum had a plus-four turnover margin. Yoakum's Jeff Harrison passed for 107 yards and two touchdowns.