PDA

View Full Version : Why does Monahans own Snyder???

injuredinmelee
08-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I couldnt reach Evan Ren (Chad Rogers fan club president) for an explanation.

Tin Cup
08-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I heard Snyder lost by 3 because of 2 missed PATs

BEAST
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Mainly because Snyder isn't really all that good??

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm guessing the same reason Rogers owns Sandifer? Just sayin...

DukeNukem
08-26-2011, 11:59 PM
My question is how do the guys (Matthew328 and TXBroadcaster) that did the week 0 sideline to sideline feel about Snyder now after they said they were head and shoulders above everybody else.

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2011, 12:13 AM
My question is how do the guys (Matthew328 and TXBroadcaster) that did the week 0 sideline to sideline feel about Snyder now after they said they were head and shoulders above everybody else.

Actually it was me and Gsquared..and I dont remember saying they were head and shoulders above veryone else...we said they were the favorites in region 1..and we also said our preseason rankings is NOT who we will say will make it out of region but who going into season have the best chance

and in saying all that..one game..it does not decide a season for either team

BEAST
08-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Actually it was me and Gsquared..and I dont remember saying they were head and shoulders above veryone else...we said they were the favorites in region 1..and we also said our preseason rankings is NOT who we will say will make it out of region but who going into season have the best chance

Start talking it now, Brownwood will win the district and IF Snyder meets us in the playoffs, we will send em to thump thumb.

BEAST

Rocket
08-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Let me get this straight. You are still saying Snyder is a legitimate #1 in our Region? Sorry. You are wrong. If Snyder was what y'all said they were last night would have not been a problem. If Rogers can't beat Owens and Monahans he sure won't beat Shipley and Brownwood.

ccmom
08-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm guessing the same reason Rogers owns Sandifer? Just sayin...

Huh??? Unless my memory is bad, which is possiblity, Rogers is has won 3 of 8 games vs Sandifer.

tex_male
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/305114_10150305403669265_122297404264_7611257_6257 025_n.jpg

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Awesome pick. I bet Ward saw this a lot!

M-town lobo fan
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Why does Monahans own Snyder?? Well if you look back in history going back to the 80's.Monahans has always owned Snyder it just happen to be that Snyder got good for 1 year (2008)..They started running their mouths and they made it themselves a rival..It's just a lesson to be learned..No matter how Big & Strong you may think you are at one point..You never talk back to your Daddy..

Looking4number8
08-27-2011, 02:13 PM
..It's just a lesson to be learned..No matter how Big & Strong you may think you are at one point..You never talk back to your Daddy..

It's thngs like this that make me a Monahans fan!! Go Lobo's!

Looking4number8
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
nm xx

ForeverALobo
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Let's not get too on our high horse here Monahans fans. We've seen this in 2006 and 2007 where we beat Snyder first game then they came back and repaid the favor in the playoffs. This is a big regular season win but a regular season game non the less. Let's not start talking to much until we get into the district and playoff games

Rocket
08-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Beating Snyder wasn't a big win. They weren't good, just hype. All Monahans did is expose them early, like they did last year.

ForeverALobo
08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
I beg to differ because I believe anytime you can win the first game of the year and get off on the right foot it is a big win no matter who you play.

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure what it shows just yet. Maybe Snyder is all hype. Maybe Monahans is really good and just got by a good Snyder team. I'd say more than anything it shows that Snyder very well could be a one-man show. It's early and you can bet both will get better if they stay healthy.

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Let me get this straight. You are still saying Snyder is a legitimate #1 in our Region? Sorry. You are wrong. If Snyder was what y'all said they were last night would have not been a problem. If Rogers can't beat Owens and Monahans he sure won't beat Shipley and Brownwood.

I am saying Snyder is still one of the top teams in region 1...one game does not make a season for me this is not the bcs...if it starts a trend the yes...but Carthage last year got throttled two games in non district....how did they end up?

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2011, 06:46 PM
This was one of many epic games that Monahans and Snyder have played against each other over the years. Both could very well meet again in week 14.

bobcat1
08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I am saying Snyder is still one of the top teams in region 1...one game does not make a season for me this is not the bcs...if it starts a trend the yes...but Carthage last year got throttled two games in non district....how did they end up? I will just add they broke the Lion's maiden.:taunt:

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 06:53 PM
This was one of many epic games that Monahans and Snyder have played against each other over the years. Both could very well meet again in week 14.

Gotta get through THE WOOD first

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Gotta get through THE WOOD first

Speaking of Brownwood. I can't wait for the Stephenville game. It will be my first one. Hopefully it's everything the BW posters claim it to be and the Lions show up to play.

Tin Cup
08-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Speaking of Brownwood. I can't wait for the Stephenville game. It will be my first one. Hopefully it's everything the BW posters claim it to be and the Lions show up to play.

It will definately tell Brownwood exactly where we stand. Good or bad. Always a great atmoshpere

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2011, 08:28 PM
It will definately tell Brownwood exactly where we stand. Good or bad. Always a great atmoshpere

The same can be said for Sweetwater/Monahans next Friday. Gotta love rivalries that have a long tradition no matter who might be up or down.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Beating Snyder wasn't a big win. They weren't good, just hype. All Monahans did is expose them early, like they did last year.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/u_must_b_kidding.png:D

91 lion
08-29-2011, 09:26 AM
So where is Black Magic? Hadn't heard from him since he got personal with Rocket....then his team proceeded to lay an egg against the Loboes.

BTW, I am a big fan of Monahans. They are well coached...year in and year out. the boys leave it all on the field, and the fans are rabid, courteous and classy all at the same time. I was really impressed with all that I saw when we played them in the playoffs last year.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
So where is Black Magic? Hadn't heard from him since he got personal with Rocket....then his team proceeded to lay an egg against the Loboes.

BTW, I am a big fan of Monahans. They are well coached...year in and year out. the boys leave it all on the field, and the fans are rabid, courteous and classy all at the same time. I was really impressed with all that I saw when we played them in the playoffs last year.

Were you even at the game????:D

91 lion
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Were you even at the game????:D

Well....no...but I heard a few people at Whataburger talking about how cool and classy they were!:)

Ranger Mom
08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
If I didn't already know how this game ended...I would have thought that Monahans beat Snyder 50 to 0 the way some of you are talking!!!

ForeverALobo
08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
If I didn't already know how this game ended...I would have thought that Monahans beat Snyder 50 to 0 the way some of you are talking!!!

My thoughts exactly! It's funny how that happens.

tex_male
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM

Nope! The 50 -0 score will be this week against Sweetwater..... :stirpot: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

91 lion
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Very True...but if you take into consideration the title of this thread, you have to assume that most is said with tongue in cheek. We all know that Snyder is a decent team and it was a good game.....but we also know that if you lose...whether by 3 points or 33, the ribbin' is a comin'....especially when you were favored to win.

Last year, I read very similar therads (a LOT of them) after we were ousted by Carthage. In reading the posts, you would have thought we were beaten 150-0...according to how many were talking. It comes with the territory.

I just want to know where is Black Magic? I would love to hear his take on the subject at hand. He was very engaged before the game.

Black_Magic
08-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Can you show me the post where I was very engaged?? I can save you time. I responded to post made by Rocket and many other of you classy BW folks who had to comment on Snyders fans and kids and coaches being classless. I made no coment on the game its self. as far as the game. Monahans diserved this win. they made the play when they needed two. We scored 3 TDs and one 32 poinnt conversion. Monahans scored 2 TDs and kicked 3 Field Goals. Read what you want into it . I really dont care. It just cracks me up that some of you post more on A snyder thead bashing us than you do on BW threads. I still say look at the posts on here from Snyder folks and then look at the post from BW posters and make your own judgment about class..

garciap77
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Well....no...but I heard a few people at Whataburger talking about how cool and classy they were!:)

Well, if it was at Whataburger in Early, then it's true!:D

garciap77
08-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Nope! The 50 -0 score will be this week against Sweetwater..... :stirpot: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/no.gif Sweetwater by 21!!!!!!! :D

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Because like I have been saying since 2006...Snyder sux.

BEAST
08-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Can you show me the post where I was very engaged?? I can save you time. I responded to post made by Rocket and many other of you classy BW folks who had to comment on Snyders fans and kids and coaches being classless. I made no coment on the game its self. as far as the game. Monahans diserved this win. they made the play when they needed two. We scored 3 TDs and one 32 poinnt conversion. Monahans scored 2 TDs and kicked 3 Field Goals. Read what you want into it . I really dont care. It just cracks me up that some of you post more on A snyder thead bashing us than you do on BW threads. I still say look at the posts on here from Snyder folks and then look at the post from BW posters and make your own judgment about class..

A 32 point coversion shouldve put yall over the top. Wow, that mustve been one heck of a coversion.

BEAST

garciap77
08-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Because like I have been saying since 2006...Snyder sux.

Are you still Drunk????? :D

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Are you still Drunk????? :DNo, but deliriously tired, yes. Its true though lol

garciap77
08-29-2011, 11:52 AM
No, but deliriously tired, yes. Its true though lol

Can your team beat Snyder?:wave:

91 lion
08-29-2011, 11:56 AM

Must have hit a sore spot. Thanks for the recap...believe it or not, I really did want to hear you take...being an insider and all. As for the rest of you reply. I have kept up with that back and forths over the last few years between you and those "classy BW folks" and I got to say...you are the pot calling the kettle black....just calling it like I see it.

As for BW folks posting more about Snyder than they do BW......are you serious? yes we will chime in on your team...but its a BW lovefest amongst us Lions everyday...and I guarantee you that none of us spend any time of consequence thinking about your team....in person or on this board. If you think you are experiencing 'Snyder Thread Bashing'...then what would call the "attention" BW has gotten over the last few years. We deserve the ribbin' and we take it all in fun...like I said earlier...it comes with the territory.

BTW, can you please write that 32 point play down on paper....I would love to slip it to Shipley. :twitch:

Old Tiger
08-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Can your team beat Snyder?:wave:IDK...Yoe is down this year...

garciap77
08-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Must have hit a sore spot. Thanks for the recap...believe it or not, I really did want to hear you take...being an insider and all. As for the rest of you reply. I have kept up with that back and forths over the last few years between you and those "classy BW folks" and I got to say...you are the pot calling the kettle black....just calling it like I see it.

As for BW folks posting more about Snyder than they do BW......are you serious? yes we will chime in on your team...but its a BW lovefest amongst us Lions everyday...and I guarantee you that none of us spend any time of consequence thinking about your team....in person or on this board. If you think you are experiencing 'Snyder Thread Bashing'...then what would call the "attention" BW has gotten over the last few years. We deserve the ribbin' and we take it all in fun...like I said earlier...it comes with the territory.

BTW, can you please write that 32 point play down on paper....I would love to slip it to Shipley. :twitch:

Hey, if BM slips it to you, can you passed to me? I would love to slip it to Sandifer, so we can use it against the Honey Bees this friday night!!!! :D

hollywood
08-29-2011, 12:19 PM

Don't even bring "class" into this. Anyone who has a picture of a wrestling scene as their sig, well... makes you wonder. Just sayin'.

Rocket
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM

Cry me a river...

ccmom
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Very True...but if you take into consideration the title of this thread, you have to assume that most is said with tongue in cheek. We all know that Snyder is a decent team and it was a good game.....but we also know that if you lose...whether by 3 points or 33, the ribbin' is a comin'....especially when you were favored to win.

Last year, I read very similar therads (a LOT of them) after we were ousted by Carthage. In reading the posts, you would have thought we were beaten 150-0...according to how many were talking. It comes with the territory.

I just want to know where is Black Magic? I would love to hear his take on the subject at hand. He was very engaged before the game.

I think the glaring difference is that during the 2010 season, MANY Brownwood posters completely dismissed any potential opponent and proclaimed that victory was a certainity....not just a likely possibility. So, yes...when the Lions lost an evenly matched, down to the wire semi final game, many posters were happy to serve the crow.

In 2011, many polls have Snyder ranked very high in the preseason, but the Snyder posters have not been posting as if the boys have already ordered their rings. In fact, they haven't posted much at all. Snyder/Monahans have a rivalry and the game lived up to it's billing. I think RM is right, in that some act as if Snyder was completely blown out which is not the case.

Oh, and this is twice in a week that I have felt like I was taking up for Snyder, and that has got to stop!:ack!:

Tin Cup
08-29-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the glaring difference is that during the 2010 season, MANY Brownwood posters completely dismissed any potential opponent and proclaimed that victory was a certainity....not just a likely possibility. So, yes...when the Lions lost an evenly matched, down to the wire semi final game, many posters were happy to serve the crow.

In 2011, many polls have Snyder ranked very high in the preseason, but the Snyder posters have not been posting as if the boys have already ordered their rings. In fact, they haven't posted much at all. Snyder/Monahans have a rivalry and the game lived up to it's billing. I think RM is right, in that some act as if Snyder was completely blown out which is not the case.

Oh, and this is twice in a week that I have felt like I was taking up for Snyder, and that has got to stop!:ack!:

I don't think people in Snyder have liked what they've seen so far in terms of their team. They've had bad scrimmages from what I understand and I honestly think their posters didn't want to showboat for this exact reason. I think Snyder and wylie will both be very good by the time we all play.

As to last year, we were loaded and we knew it. Life doesn't always happen the way you want it to but that was the best ride us fans have ever been on. It was non stop fun

Bosqueville
08-29-2011, 01:04 PM

This post makes no sense to me?? I can't imagine having a talented team that looks to go far in the playoffs but yet you remain silent?? Not one post of how great the kids look, how pumped the town is? I don't get it.

ccmom
08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
This post makes no sense to me?? I can't imagine having a talented team that looks to go far in the playoffs but yet you remain silent?? Not one post of how great the kids look, how pumped the town is? I don't get it.

I'm sorry it makes no sense to you. Of course you should be excited! That was not what I meant at all.

ccmom
08-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't think people in Snyder have liked what they've seen so far in terms of their team. They've had bad scrimmages from what I understand and I honestly think their posters didn't want to showboat for this exact reason. I think Snyder and wylie will both be very good by the time we all play.

As to last year, we were loaded and we knew it. Life doesn't always happen the way you want it to but that was the best ride us fans have ever been on. It was non stop fun

I agree. 2010 Brownwood was fun to watch.

garciap77
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM

Are you trying to get more "Hot Chocolate" from the GodFather?:)

hollywood
08-29-2011, 02:30 PM

Rankings spankings... being ranked doesn't mean you're top or not. Stephenville's ranked #2 this week in 4A by one poll, does that scare Wylie? No. They just beat the #1 team in 4A. blah blah blah

You're just a Snider lover! :rolleyes:

:wave:

ccmom
08-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Rankings spankings... being ranked doesn't mean you're top or not. Stephenville's ranked #2 this week in 4A by one poll, does that scare Wylie? No. They just beat the #1 team in 4A. blah blah blah

You're just a Snider lover! :rolleyes:

:wave:

Actually the only people I have noticed talking about the rankings were NOT Snyder posters. Just like last year when Brownwood never mentioned rankings....oh wait a minute...:rolleyes:

Bosqueville
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
CCMOM... Closet Snyder lover... It's ok, I still like you!! :wave:

hollywood
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Actually the only people I have noticed talking about the rankings were NOT Snyder posters. Just like last year when Brownwood never mentioned rankings....oh wait a minute...:rolleyes:

Oh whatever... good luck Friday. I really think Sandifer will have a plan for the Jackets. Stephenville's D-line is small. And their secondary is questionable. Stephenville's offense is good, but no 2010 Lions good. Ya'll should give them a good game. Wish I could be there, but I have a date in Graham Friday night.

Rocket
08-29-2011, 02:55 PM

Brownwood was a true #1 Ranked team from start to finish. They backed it up. Carthage was the ideal cinderella. They beat the best team in the state. Nobody can argue that.

Rocket
08-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Are you trying to get more "Hot Chocolate" from the GodFather?:)

Crap, I hope she doesn't run into Mrs. Rogers in the bathroom again... could be an epic cat fight.

DaHop72
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM

Oh, and this is twice in a week that I have felt like I was taking up for Snyder, and that has got to stop!:ack!::inlove::inlove:

injuredinmelee
08-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Brownwood was a true #1 Ranked team from start to finish. They backed it up. Carthage was the ideal cinderella. They beat the best team in the state. Nobody can argue that. It should have been 28-7 Carthage at halftime. Their own mistakes kept bwood in the game. Carthage dominated and has another trophy in their case. DO yall even remember where the trophy case is its been so long since you won one???

garciap77
08-30-2011, 07:52 AM
It should have been 28-7 Carthage at halftime. Their own mistakes kept bwood in the game. Carthage dominated and has another trophy in their case. DO yall even remember where the trophy case is its been so long since you won one???

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Smiley20Nerd.jpg