Saggy Aggie
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Edna 42
Needville 7

OUCH!!!

And Snyder lost... LOL

SHSBulldog00
08-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I knew Needville would be down this year but not that down.

Sportshack
08-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Wimberley 34
Cuero 6 (and the 6 came on a late punt return)

Cuero also down at this point. Did have some quick and fast RB's

SHSBulldog00
08-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Wharton 29 Brookshire Royal 25

Pendragon13
08-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I know it's not 3A...but Stephenville over Aledo was the biggest eye opener for me. :eek: Aledo was not only pre-season ranked #1 in 4A for the state, but also nationally ranked as well. Oh, and Wylie hosts Stephenville next week..

garciap77
08-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I know it's not 3A...but Stephenville over Aledo was the biggest eye opener for me. :eek: Aledo was not only pre-season ranked #1 in 4A for the state, but also nationally ranked as well. Oh, and Wylie hosts Stephenville next week..

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

icu812
08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Palestine 54 Brownsboro 6
Lindale 56 Longview Spring Hill 7
Gladewater 27 Canton 7

I picked these teams to win but but not like that. Impressive.

pirate4state
08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Wasn't expecting these scores. Are the Hondos this good or are Bandera & Robstown that bad? :thinking: Guess we'll find out in the next 2 weeks.

Hondo 50 Bandera 13
Rio Hondo 54 Robstown 6

Johnny 5
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Wasn't expecting these scores. Are the Hondos this good or are Bandera & Robstown that bad? :thinking: Guess we'll find out in the next 2 weeks.

Hondo 50 Bandera 13
Rio Hondo 54 Robstown 6

Or are the Hondo's that good?

Hmmmmmm

lol

NastySlot
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
PL Calhoun over Calallen at Wildcat stadium

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/aug/26/port-lavacas-running-game-too-much-for-calallen/

article mention the success of former Rockdale rb

Maroon87
08-27-2011, 08:35 PM
PL Calhoun over Calallen at Wildcat stadium

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/aug/26/port-lavacas-running-game-too-much-for-calallen/

article mention the success of former Rockdale rb

That's not too much of an eye opener to be honest...Calhoun is loaded. Calallen's defense actually played well for much of the game. The offense...well let's say they need some work.

Astrosdawg07
08-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Jasper over 4A Lumber 35-21

banderafan
08-27-2011, 10:36 PM

Hondo 50 Bandera 13
Rio Hondo 54 Robstown 6

A little bit of both. Hondo looked sharp, in shape, and ready to play football. Bandera looked lost, out of shape, and disorganized. We'll see.

duckhunter
08-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Smithville over top 10 2A Lexington

M-town lobo fan
08-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Edna 42
Needville 7

OUCH!!!

And Snyder lost... LOL

Was Needville suppose to be good this year lol

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Was Needville suppose to be good this year lol not great, but a lot of people picked them to make the playoffs behind Columbia and sweeny. Didnt see them getting demolished by Edna though. Unless they improve drastically, palacios might beat them.

OldNavy
08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
La Vega 33 - Prosper 21. The stats were pretty close, but Prosper apparently had 3 turnovers that La Vega turned into scores.

SHSBulldog00
08-28-2011, 03:48 PM
not great, but a lot of people picked them to make the playoffs behind Columbia and sweeny. Didnt see them getting demolished by Edna though. Unless they improve drastically, palacios might beat them.

From the scores I have seen Wharton could knock Needville out of the playoffs unless things change.

Rocket
08-28-2011, 04:19 PM

This wasn't really a surprise. It is a rivalry game. They have played each other many times the last 4 years. The biggest surprise for me was that the ville came back after Aledo jumped so far ahead. Aledo won't stay at the top forever and I am sure Sville got some home cookin' to help them win. Neither team played a lick of defense.

OldNavy
08-28-2011, 04:58 PM
This wasn't really a surprise. It is a rivalry game. They have played each other many times the last 4 years. The biggest surprise for me was that the ville came back after Aledo jumped so far ahead. Aledo won't stay at the top forever and I am sure Sville got some home cookin' to help them win. Neither team played a lick of defense.

Aledo got the ball with 1:15 left. Drove to S'ville's 33 and lined up to kick a game winning field goal. S'ville jumped off sides and the ball was moved to the 28 and Aledo missed the game winning goal. I bet it was fun to watch!

hollywood
08-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Aledo got the ball with 1:15 left. Drove to S'ville's 33 and lined up to kick a game winning field goal. S'ville jumped off sides and the ball was moved to the 28 and Aledo missed the game winning goal. I bet it was fun to watch!

Aledo 2nd attempt at a FG was blocked, not just missed. They were given every chance to win. S'ville just out played Aledo.

S'ville has found themselves one heck of a QB in JR Tyler Jones. The kid can flat out play. He was 20-28-0 for 240 yds passing, 2 TD's and rushed for 35 yrds with 1 TD. Aiavion Edwards was another key player. Matched Gray by rushing for 222 yds and had a 65 yrd TD run. But the eye opener was 6'4" Jr receiver Brice Gunter who went 10-148 yrds and a TD.

Wylie is in trouble next week.
BW will have their hands full in 2 weeks. I know BW took them to the shed last year and would have beaten Aledo too, no question. This year, I still think BW is going to win, but it's going to be tough.

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2011, 08:35 PM
....would have beaten Aledo too, no question.... LOL...?

These guys are more delusional than I thought.

Tin Cup
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't know if we could have beaten Aledo last year or not but it would have been a classic. JG would have ran for 300 and 5 td's and Shipley would have had 15 catches for 250 and 2 kickoff returns lol

Rocket
08-28-2011, 09:32 PM
LOL...?

These guys are more delusional than I thought.

Your ignorance is showing.

Saggy Aggie
08-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Your ignorance is showing. You honestly think you would've beaten Aledo? Thats the funniest sh*t ive heard all day.

hollywood
08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
You honestly think you would've beaten Aledo? Thats the funniest sh*t ive heard all day.

Dude you're clueless. Of course they could have. You think a 30+ point BW win over Sville last year would translate into favorable odds in beating Aledo?? Were you able to watch all 3 teams play last year?? If not, you have no idea.

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Dude you're clueless. Of course they could have. You think a 30+ point BW win over Sville last year would translate into favorable odds in beating Aledo?? Were you able to watch all 3 teams play last year?? If not, you have no idea.

so then ur saying Carthage would have beat Aledo..and CH would have beaten aledo, and Henderson would have as well...so basically u think 4 teams in 3a would have beat a 2 time 4A state title team?

ccmom
08-29-2011, 09:33 AM
so then ur saying Carthage would have beat Aledo..and CH would have beaten aledo, and Henderson would have as well...so basically u think 4 teams in 3a would have beat a 2 time 4A state title team?

Yes, hollywood...please enlighten us...:1popcorn:

garciap77
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes, hollywood...please enlighten us...:1popcorn:

LOL Well ccmom, it goes like this:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

:D

Tin Cup
08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
So let's say we score a td on that last play and go for two to win. By your logic we are then better than Carthage therefore now Carthage can't beat Aledo. I think Aledo was beatable absolutely. Stephenville was a literall blown call away from doing just that last year. Who knows who would win against who it's all about match ups. It's fun to talk about but no one will ever know...

oldtownag
08-29-2011, 09:41 AM

Pretty sure they could have beaten all the 5A teams also! Carthage just got lucky. :crazy:

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
So let's say we score a td on that last play and go for two to win. By your logic we are then better than Carthage therefore now Carthage can't beat Aledo. I think Aledo was beatable absolutely. Stephenville was a literall blown call away from doing just that last year. Who knows who would win against who it's all about match ups. It's fun to talk about but no one will ever know...

Well put Tin Cup! Exactly.

ccmom
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM

Hmmmm....it seems to me hollywood knows. In fact, according to him there is "no question" :rolleyes:

I know BW took them to the shed last year and would have beaten Aledo too, no question.

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
LOL Well ccmom, it goes like this:http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

:D

Oh boy! lol Nice GP77... just don't show the Tiger one. ;-)

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM

Of course! Duh. Aledo was very beatable. Like Tin Cup said, it's all about matchups... I know you know that! Aledo is not all world. They have a great coaching staff, a great winning tradition, and great hard working kids who believe in their system. Are they beatable?? You know it. Is Jonathan Gray the best running back in the state, no, but he's one of the best. You can't believe everything the media says. :crazy: Baylor commit Aiavion Edwards from Sville performed just as well as Gray did Friday night and is a tougher runner. Gray would rather not get hit.

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Hmmmm....it seems to me hollywood knows. In fact, according to him there is "no question" :rolleyes:

Yep, no question about it. :rolleyes:

:wave:

Cheers!

ccmom
08-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Yep, no question about it. :rolleyes:

:wave:

Cheers!

Your words, not mine...and maybe you should lay off the wine for a while, my friend.:wave:

hollywood
08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Your words not mine. And maybe you should lay off the wine for a while, my friend.:wave:

LOL... you just need to focus on Stephenville this week. Wylie will have their hands full, no question. :1popcorn:

trojandad
08-29-2011, 10:29 AM
some people out here actually ranked kirbyville....i cant believe that them, outside of having one passing play, only putting 22 yards total offense isnt dropping jaws for them...id love to put it off on our brilliant play, but this is kirbyville, maybe a team that shoulda been playing carthage last year instead of us.....either were better defensively than i thought or WOW.......