PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Wylie-Everman Game

Matthew328
11-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Everman absolutley killed themselves the entire game by not hanging on to the ball...BUT lets give the Wylie Bulldogs credit...they played a GREAT game and deserved to win..they could have folded up shop when they went up 24-12...but they hung in there and made the plays they needed to make...Everman didn't deserve to win...when you fumble 10 times you simply shouldn't win against a good team like Wylie..yes Everman only lost 2 fumbles..BUT the other fumbles hurt becuase they put Everman in 2nd and 18 3rd and 12 etc...Everman's INT also hurt becuase on that drive they were moving quite well..like I said Wylie played a hell of a game and simply deserved to win...this Everman team simply wasn't as good as the past 2 years..and it is unfair to try and put them up against the past 2 squads...the Everman players left it out on the field but it simply wasn't in the cards this year..

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:18 PM
I have a funny feeling Everman will be major threat in 4A for years to come. Sorry about the loss, but hey you can't win em all. We appreciate you guys letting everyone else have a chance for a change. jk :) I wish Everman the best!

BigW
11-24-2003, 10:18 AM
It was a great game Matt.
Everman is a great team with a lot of class!

pero chato
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Matthew, I was at the game and I agree with your assessment. Fumbles were a major factor. They weren't all turnovers, but they burned a down and/or lost yardage, and that disrupts a team's game plan. I was ready to accept the loss when Everman ran in a Wylie fumble with 7 minutes left in the game to make it 24-12. Still better than last year's 37-0 rout! This is one that could have gone either way with just a play or two difference in the game. The thing that stands out about this year's Everman team (and I mean no disrespect) is the defense didn't seem quite as stout. Last year we couldn't get a play off, especially a pass. This year, our O line was able to protect the QB and open some holes for the draw. Gotta hand it to my Bulldogs for never giving up and for the gut check 80 yard drive into the wind for the win in the final four minutes. Everman has a great program and has all the respect in the world from us and I'm sure the rest of the state. Back to Back state titles is an incredible accomplishment and I'm sure they'll be successful in 4A if they move up.
We'll have our hands full with Snyder this week, although we beat them 24-7 in pre-district, they are playing their best ball right now. Hopefully we are too.