PDA

View Full Version : Was I Wrong Here??

Matthew328
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
You make the call, I took it as this dude was trying to rip on the Snyder coaches....was I in line or was I a little out of line?

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=984&fid=800&style=2

BaseballUmp
08-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Dude you're lame

Matthew328
08-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Dude you're lame
It's very possible..but was I wrong in the context of the thread...or is my lameness=to being in the wrong

BaseballUmp
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Haha naw, but I hear Snyder is a dirty team. Didn't they twist ankles all game against BW or was that some other team?

RoyceTTU
08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
:1popcorn:This should get interesting.

bigwood33
08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
was that some other team?
I think that Iowa Park was the one who got Coach Shipley going!

BEAST
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
You make the call, I took it as this dude was trying to rip on the Snyder coaches....was I in line or was I a little out of line?

No you were not wrong. But I ask this, if it were any other coach getting ripped, would you have done the same? You rush to the Snyder coaches defense every chance you get. I dont think I have ever witnessed you backing any other coaches.

BEAST

BaseballUmp
08-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I think that Iowa Park was the one who got Coach Shipley going!

Oh ok thanks, my apologies BW

Matthew328
08-25-2011, 04:25 PM
No you were not wrong. But I ask this, if it were any other coach getting ripped, would you have done the same? You rush to the Snyder coaches defense every chance you get. I dont think I have ever witnessed you backing any other coaches.

BEAST

You didn't see the DeSoto-Mesquite Horn fiasco then...I was pretty quick to defend DeSoto in that instance..right is right and wrong is wrong

Rocket
08-25-2011, 04:27 PM
LOL That is typical Snyder coaching staff antics. Every game I see Snyder involved with, crap of this nature happens. The coaches don't coach it, but they do do it and the kids follow right behind them.

Sooner or later you have to step back and call a duck a duck. The Mighty Ducks of Snyder...

BEAST
08-25-2011, 04:40 PM
You didn't see the DeSoto-Mesquite Horn fiasco then...I was pretty quick to defend DeSoto in that instance..right is right and wrong is wrong

Ok. But this is a reoccuring theme for Snyder since we dropped to 3A. Not just against Brownwood.

BEAST

ccmom
08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
I think that Iowa Park was the one who got Coach Shipley going!No, he was right. Snyder was the team that twisted Brownwood's ankles and pulled their leg hairs. Iowa Park was a whole different deal. Carry on....

eagles_victory
08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
No, he was right. Snyder was the team that twisted Brownwood's ankles and pulled their leg hairs. Iowa Park was a whole different deal. Carry on.... This is why me and gsquared shave each others legs. With txbroadcasters razor (he doesn't know)

Rocket
08-25-2011, 05:03 PM
No, he was right. Snyder was the team that twisted Brownwood's ankles and pulled their leg hairs. Iowa Park was a whole different deal. Carry on....

It's Duck Season...

shamu85
08-25-2011, 05:49 PM
You know, a coach doesn't have to teach a certain type of behavior for it to happen. But if they condone it in any way, it can certainly lead to more of the same. I would take The Woodlands as an example. I'm sure the coaches there don't coach their kids to flip off the opponents stands, or cuss out an opposing coach, but I have seen these types of behaviors multiple times from The Woodlands' athletes. I also saw the coaches not do a whole lot to prevent the behavior starting with Doug Drabek's punk kid, and it seems to have become a pretty common occurrence with them now.

bobcat1
08-25-2011, 06:19 PM
You were dead on Matt. The ponderosa guy is a DB in real life I bet. No coach I ever played for taught dirty tricks but I know some of the guys I played with performed some. I was an angel, I promise. :wave:

I do remember the ankle lock that was applied by the Tiger until the Lion tapped out though.:stirpot:

1st and goal
08-25-2011, 08:04 PM
This is why me and gsquared shave each others legs. With txbroadcasters razor (he doesn't know)

ROFLMAO, funniest thing I've read in this off season. Did you steal ETB's shaving cream?

BTW, ducks have shaved legs...

Rocket
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
You were dead on Matt. The ponderosa guy is a DB in real life I bet. No coach I ever played for taught dirty tricks but I know some of the guys I played with performed some. I was an angel, I promise. :wave:

I do remember the ankle lock that was applied by the Tiger until the Lion tapped out though.:stirpot:

LOL He kicked that Tigger in the mouth.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2011, 10:25 PM

I didn't think you were out of line at all!! I don't care what Rocket says, I have met Coach Rogers and think very highly of him and don't believe he "coaches" like that nor does he condone it.

bwdlionfan
08-25-2011, 10:40 PM
After going to that game in Snyder last year and having numerous Snyder fans sitting on our side (with the way they acted on our side) I'm not so sure Snyder people are quite like most other people... that may be more of it then the coach.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
After going to that game in Snyder last year and having numerous Snyder fans sitting on our side (with the way they acted on our side) I'm not so sure Snyder people are quite like most other people... that may be more of it then the coach.

Greenwood fans aren't allowed to sit on the visitor side....if the stands are full, then you get to stand!!

I don't have anything in the world against Snyder, but I have witnessed the actions of their fans sitting on our side, and there was plenty of room for them in their own stands!! I even had posters here apologizing for them!!

bwdlionfan
08-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Greenwood fans aren't allowed to sit on the visitor side....if the stands are full, then you get to stand!!

I don't have anything in the world against Snyder, but I have witnessed the actions of their fans sitting on our side, and there was plenty of room for them in their own stands!! I even had posters here apologizing for them!!

You definitely experience something different on the visitor's side in Snyder.... although last year on the visitor side in Gatesville I had to tell a guy (probably in his late 40s/early 50s) that you can't smoke in the stands of a high school game. He got pretty upset at me (he was also drunk). Then again he may have been from Brownwood who knows.

Z-RO
08-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Their coach always seems to come off and rub people the wrong way...this isn't the first or last time this will happen..

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
I might be wrong..but I dont think Stepp is talking about defending the Snyder coach alone as much as how he handled an attack on a coaching staff that Stepp has dealt with and respects in general no matter where they are coaching

LionFan72
08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
The obvious is if you have to defend anything, there is a problem. To fix the problem is the head coaches job. What else needs to be said]

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2011, 11:51 PM
The obvious is if you have to defend anything, there is a problem. To fix the problem is the head coaches job. What else needs to be said]

so anyone accused or blamed is at fault?

Rocket
08-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I didn't think you were out of line at all!! I don't care what Rocket says, I have met Coach Rogers and think very highly of him and don't believe he "coaches" like that nor does he condone it.

Oh wow...so if you meet somebody and they smile and shake your hand and talk to you for a little bit they are to be highly thought of? I have you fooled too...LOL

Rocket
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
so anyone accused or blamed is at fault?

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. And man, does that dude have smoke around him often... every year I hear a story like this. Where are all the Wylie fans at with the stories? We could be here all night.

Rocket
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM

LOL Not all Snyder fans are lunatics like the ones that were on the Brownwood side. There was one Snyder fan that sat right by me and he actually thought Snyder was going to win! Can you believe that?! I was looking for the straight-jacket for that poor man. By the 3rd Quarter he had the funniest dumbfounded look on his face.

hollywood
08-26-2011, 06:56 AM
No, you weren't out of line. Sounds like there was a common denominator that was.

People, I've known coaches and players who seem to be the nicest people when you talk to them outside of a competitive situation. When put into a competitive situation and things aren't going their way... well... their true character comes out. Sad but true.

Matthew328
08-26-2011, 07:36 AM
No, you weren't out of line. Sounds like there was a common denominator that was.

People, I've known coaches and players who seem to be the nicest people when you talk to them outside of a competitive situation. When put into a competitive situation and things aren't going their way... well... their true character comes out. Sad but true.

With as many coaches as I've dealt with in the state I would put it at less than 1% that any of them would coach their kids to play "dirty" or condone anything of the sort.....I just don't see it...

Rocket as a coaches son you probably know this better than anyone that there is a VERY fine line between playing physical and tough vs. being dirty....that threshold gets crossed sometimes and as long as its punished and not tolerated I got no problem with it for the most part...just because a kid does something dumb doesn't mean the coaches condone it etc. Most message board posters aren't privy to what goes on in practice/punishments etc...

I think the talk about Snyder and how they play is more fan message board fodder than truth...I've dealt on multiple occasions with every HC in the district and several asisstants on the phone and in person and I haven't heard anything from them about Snyder being dirty, classless etc. on or off the record. Do I think every coach in the district cares for Snyder? No way...but I think there's mutual respect there...only incident I was told about was when Sandifer mentioned he was upset at Rogers for an incident involving the bands at Snyder's stadium a few years back...he didn't particularly care for that one...lol

OldNavy
08-26-2011, 07:47 AM
...only incident I was told about was when Sandifer mentioned he was upset at Rogers for an incident involving the bands at Snyder's stadium a few years back...he didn't particularly care for that one...lol

On a bad note, I hate it when the Band plays dirty! :crazy:

Gsquared
08-26-2011, 07:52 AM
On a bad note, I hate it when the Band plays dirty! :crazy:
Funny, I remember Sweetwaters band getting a 15 yard penalty. Anybody remember that night?

Matthew328
08-26-2011, 07:55 AM
can't remember which game it was but I saw a band get a penalty last year also...2nd funniest penalty I've ever seen behind the Mineral Wells girl kicker getting an unsportsman like conduct penalty a few years back

OldNavy
08-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Funny, I remember Sweetwaters band getting a 15 yard penalty. Anybody remember that night?

Was it unsportsmenlike conductor?

Black_Magic
08-26-2011, 08:10 AM
LOL That is typical Snyder coaching staff antics. Every game I see Snyder involved with, crap of this nature happens. The coaches don't coach it, but they do do it and the kids follow right behind them.

Sooner or later you have to step back and call a duck a duck. The Mighty Ducks of Snyder... You are so full of crap its mind bogeling. Sometimes I wonder if your for real or if you say stupid stuff just to get attention. but other times its clear that you really are a numbnutts.

RoyceTTU
08-26-2011, 08:14 AM
You are so full of crap its mind bogeling. Sometimes I wonder if your for real or if you say stupid stuff just to get attention. but other times its clear that you really are a numbnutts.

Funny you say this, because I thought the exact same thing of you when all the budget and entitlement talks were going on.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Oh wow...so if you meet somebody and they smile and shake your hand and talk to you for a little bit they are to be highly thought of? I have you fooled too...LOL

You have no clue!

ccmom
08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Funny, I remember Sweetwaters band getting a 15 yard penalty. Anybody remember that night? I don't remember that happening to Sweetwater, but I remember Graham's band drawing a penalty vs Snyder in a playoff game. Was that 2010? Anyway...

RoyceTTU
08-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't remember that happening to Sweetwater, but I remember Graham's band drawing a penalty vs Snyder in a playoff game. Was that 2010? Anyway...

i think so.

We got a penalty from somewhere for waiting on the band to finish and not taking the field after half-time. That caused our guys to take the field at Snyder before the band was finished there, which started an uproar. What a mess.

Matthew328
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Maybe it was Graham-Snyder that it happened...LOL

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2011, 09:10 AM
You have no clue!
You're not easily fooled, huh? :D

hollywood
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Never said Snyder coaches condone or teach dirty play. Just stating that there's a common denominator. Could it be the culture in Snyder, maybe. Could it be they feel that they have a target on their back, maybe. Bottom line, we all face adversity in all relms o life whether it's in athletics or in our everyday lives. How one reacts to those situations says a lot. "Your actions create reactions."

With as many coaches as I've dealt with in the state I would put it at less than 1% that any of them would coach their kids to play "dirty" or condone anything of the sort.....I just don't see it...

Rocket as a coaches son you probably know this better than anyone that there is a VERY fine line between playing physical and tough vs. being dirty....that threshold gets crossed sometimes and as long as its punished and not tolerated I got no problem with it for the most part...just because a kid does something dumb doesn't mean the coaches condone it etc. Most message board posters aren't privy to what goes on in practice/punishments etc...

I think the talk about Snyder and how they play is more fan message board fodder than truth...I've dealt on multiple occasions with every HC in the district and several asisstants on the phone and in person and I haven't heard anything from them about Snyder being dirty, classless etc. on or off the record. Do I think every coach in the district cares for Snyder? No way...but I think there's mutual respect there...only incident I was told about was when Sandifer mentioned he was upset at Rogers for an incident involving the bands at Snyder's stadium a few years back...he didn't particularly care for that one...lol

LIONS#1
08-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I have been to the SnYdEr walmart...and all those folks seem pissed off for some reason:1popcorn: It must be in the water supply. I guess if I had to live there I might be pissed off as well:twitch:

Matthew328
08-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Never said Snyder coaches condone or teach dirty play. Just stating that there's a common denominator. Could it be the culture in Snyder, maybe. Could it be they feel that they have a target on their back, maybe. Bottom line, we all face adversity in all relms o life whether it's in athletics or in our everyday lives. How one reacts to those situations says a lot. "Your actions create reactions."

I actually hit reply to quote by mistake.

Black_Magic
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Never said Snyder coaches condone or teach dirty play. Just stating that there's a common denominator. Could it be the culture in Snyder, maybe. Could it be they feel that they have a target on their back, maybe. Bottom line, we all face adversity in all relms o life whether it's in athletics or in our everyday lives. How one reacts to those situations says a lot. "Your actions create reactions." Well others may disagree, but I think snyder posters, fans ect have more class than some on this very thread. Looks like the ones who talk about how Snyders fans are this and that is just a bunch of talk from folks who are the ones who are point blank showing no class them self and proving one towns character in the process..

garciap77
08-26-2011, 02:54 PM

All I got from it was that Gsquared can't spell. LOL

"Your replies are as good as your spelling." Old Coach Poster :evillol:

YOU WERE IN LINE!:2thumbsup