PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Lockhart

Pudlugger
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I haven't seen the Lions this year. The Leps won last year 16-6. I do know that Lockhart scrimmaged Cuero the week before we did and from the posts on here looked to be pretty strong. This should be a real good opening game for the Leps. If their O line can own the line of scrimmage the new Lep offense should put up some points. I'll say the Leps come out prepared and get the win by a td or so.

gameface
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Howdy Pud-time to gel, knock off the rust and ramp up some skill. The boys appear to maintain a calm and confident demeanor when spoke with a few after school this afternoon. It should be a good game-equal talent on each team. The difference: who wants it!? Leps by 14.

trojandad
08-26-2011, 05:51 PM
a coach friend of mine said the same thing, pud, that lockhart lookd strong to him in scrimmage....im still gonna take the leps, but by a smaller score than last year, maybe a td.....good luck and fill us in afterward....

gameface
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
12-9 lockart leads at half-surges with up the gut runs despite LG 9-0 1st half start! Nice display of balanced running & coaching-dogfight!! Go LG!

TxChamp
08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Lockhart wins against La Grange 34-0
!!! Way to go Coach Kilby on your win!!!

trojandad
08-26-2011, 10:30 PM
is that really the final? wow...i missed this one a MILE.....

Pudlugger
08-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Lockhart wins against La Grange 34-0
!!! Way to go Coach Kilby on your win!!!

Actually the score was 34-9. The Leps looked real solid until the last 4 minutes of the first half leading 9-6. Then they fumbled a pitch out on the Lions 17 ruining a great drive. They just seemed to lay down and roll over after that. The O line was getting burned by blitzing linebackers and the Lion defensive ends had a big night in the Lep backfield forcing a fumble that rolled all the way down to our 4. It was a tough night for the Leps facing a very improved and well coached Lion team. They run the slot t very well. No turnovers from the Lions the entire game. Only a high snap on a punt leading to a safety in the first quarter marred their execution. Bellville may have better luck next week as it seems they are ready to play football with their crushing win over Caldwell. The Leps need to work on some things getting ready for Yoakum next Friday.