PDA

View Full Version : What will Wylie do to win vs. Everman?

VWG
11-16-2002, 07:50 PM
I think Wylie should have a pretty decent shot at an upset next Saturday. A few keys to Wylie's success must be Landers(Wylie QB) hitting his receivers. Against Graham he missed several opportunities for completions. Wylie cannot afford this next Saturday. Wylie's defensive line, particularly the tackles, played great Friday night and if they can keep the 'backers free then Wylie can force Everman into more passing situations.
I don't know about Everman's receiving corps but if they have any height I would throw all day against the midget who plays corner for Wylie. It seems they play off the receivers about 6-8yds., and a receiver with size could be in easy position against this kid.
Sandifer has the playbook and experience to put together a great gameplan. He was outgained in first downs and total offense against Graham, (something like 14-10 1st downs and 254 to 170 on total offense yds) but he put together a good defensive gameplan to beat the Steers.
Wylie's special teams will probably not be the heroes in the Everman game, so it will be up to the offense and defense to shut Everman down. Good luck to both teams.

vet93
11-16-2002, 08:08 PM
VWG...Wylie will have to play the perfect game to beat Everman. Wylie has some speed on both sides of the ball but can't match the pure athleticism of the Bulldogs. You are right...special teams probably won't be as big a factor in this game due to the speed of Everman. Wylie had difficulty passing against both Ballinger and Graham. If they don't get their passing game going so that they can mix things up it could be a very long night. Wylie has a pretty big offensive line...I don't know if that is an advantage or not over Everman because I haven't seen them play. If they do have a size advantage there, Sandifer may try a ball control game and try to keep the ball out of the hands of that explosive Everman offense. As much as I want a team from our district to shine...it will be real hard for me to pick against the Everman in this one!

rholl
11-16-2002, 08:08 PM
I think both Everman rec'vrs are around 6'1. I'm sure the Everman coaches will whisper in a few players ears that this will be no cakewalk and Wylie knocked them out of the playoffs two yrs ago so don't take them lightly!!!!

rholl
11-16-2002, 08:23 PM
ok guys I went and dug up a nice little summary Matt did on Everman....read the : What does Everman have thread.

vet93
11-16-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks rholl...I hadn't read that thread yet. I think that Wylie's o-line averages around 265. They are certainly big enough to move some people but I think that they need to get a little more attitude to face a task like Everman. Don't get me wrong...they do a great job...they will just have to be that much better against you guys. They will certainly be the key to any success that the Wylie offense will have.

rholl:
ok guys I went and dug up a nice little summary Matt did on Everman....read the : What does Everman have thread.

justanopinion
11-16-2002, 08:49 PM
If both teams show up playing their best ball it should be a great game.

bleedgreen
11-16-2002, 09:22 PM
The only thing Everman has to worry about is Everman. If they don't turn the ball over or lose their focus, I predict 42 - 0.

sintonpop
11-16-2002, 09:35 PM
What will Wylie do to win vs. Everman?

Should read, "What will Wylie do to keep Everman from scoring 50+ points?

Congrats Everman...Keep it going!

jason
11-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Question: What should Wylie do to beat Everman?
Answer: Pray for a miracle