PDA

View Full Version : This is Why Dogs Are Awesome (Sad Story)

Matthew328
08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/?GT1=43001

I had a black lab growing up and he was an awesome dog...loyal to the very end....

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 01:45 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/?GT1=43001

I had a black lab growing up and he was an awesome dog...loyal to the very end....

Of course this could not possibly be a case of the dog simply laying down because it was a cool spot and the photographer/writer saw a chance to turn it into something that would make people weep????? No way it was that............... :crazy:

bobcat1
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Of course this could not possibly be a case of the dog simply laying down because it was a cool spot and the photographer/writer saw a chance to turn it into something that would make people weep????? No way it was that............... :crazy: I had a good friend pass away not long ago and his blue heeler went to his grave and stayed there. If they carried him home he would go back. He finally died too there at the gravesite of his owner.

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 03:41 PM
I had a good friend pass away not long ago and his blue heeler went to his grave and stayed there. If they carried him home he would go back. He finally died too there at the gravesite of his owner.

I'm naturally a pessimistic or non-believer on most things in the media. (in case you didn't already know that). I wasn't saying dogs don't do these things. I was simply saying that if it's in the news there is probably a 99% chance it is completely false and made up or exaggerated for effect. I pretty much have to see it for myself before I believe anything. People love to hear stories about lovable little dogs sleeping at the foot of their owner's coffin and media people know this. but sorry. I should not have said anything..................

Ranger Mom
08-25-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm naturally a pessimistic or non-believer on most things in the media. (in case you didn't already know that). I wasn't saying dogs don't do these things. I was simply saying that if it's in the news there is probably a 99% chance it is completely false and made up or exaggerated for effect. I pretty much have to see it for myself before I believe anything. People love to hear stories about lovable little dogs sleeping at the foot of their owner's coffin and media people know this. but sorry. I should not have said anything..................

I agree with the very last thing you said!! :)

LionFan72
08-25-2011, 11:22 PM
I agree with the very last thing you said!! :)

+1, might as well See this!

turbostud
08-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Of course this could not possibly be a case of the dog simply laying down because it was a cool spot and the photographer/writer saw a chance to turn it into something that would make people weep????? No way it was that............... :crazy:

If you had actually read the article you would have realized that the picture was actually taken by the Navy Seal's cousin Lisa Pembleton and posted on facebook for family members who could not attend the funeral. Not by some "ambulance chasing" reporter looking to make a name for himself.