PDA

View Full Version : Week 0: #14 Navasota Rattlers @ Madisonville Mustangs

HEMOTOXIC
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Navasota Rattlers at Madisonville Mustangs

Districts: Navasota -- 23-3A; Madisonville -- 20-3A

2010 Records: Navasota 10-3 (5-0 in 23-3A); Madisonville -- 6-6 (4-1 in 20-3A)

2010 Playoffs: Navasota -- Division I bi-district: Defeated Sealy, 33-17; Regional: Defeated Huffman-Hargrave, 43-26; Quarterfinal: Lost to state finalist Tyler Chapel Hill, 42-13; Madisonville -- Division I bi-district: Defeated Gatesville, 42-30; Area: Lost to state finalist Tyler Chapel Hill, 59-7

Last year's meeting: Navasota 35, Madisonville 14

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 14 points

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC; 1220 AM KMVL

Next: Madisonville at Coldspring-Oakhurst; Navasota at Willis

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Navasota Freshmen 29, Madisonville 8: N -- Davon Jernigan 68-yard punt return and PAT run; Jerbrell Lipscomb 2 pass from T.J. Flores; Christian Taylor 63 pass from Flores; Dominique Mallard 11 run; Derrion Randall 2 PAT runs.

Navasota JV 38, Madisonville 0: N -- Jalen Woods 4 & 61 run; John Jacobs 2 & 22 run; Jesus Cortez 21 run; Michael Martinez 5 PAT kicks.

Next: Willis freshmen, JV at Navasota, Thursday

Yoe_09
08-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Navasota by 21.

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Navasota by 21.

That was my pick also. I will not be able to make tonight's game. Hopefully, we are both correct. Good Luck to your oYe!

zebrablue2
08-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Go Snakes. Rattlers by 2 tds!!!

trojandad
08-26-2011, 12:05 PM
rattlers run with this one....am curious what all madisonville has going on this year, tho....ive been hearing things about them getting a new offensive mind there....might see more throwing than in the past....just a rumor....

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Game time 7:30 @ Mustang Stadium

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
rattlers run with this one....am curious what all madisonville has going on this year, tho....ive been hearing things about them getting a new offensive mind there....might see more throwing than in the past....just a rumor....

From what I have read, Madisonville is mixing it more this year. Should be an interesting game.

NastySlot
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
next week could be a good one.

Willlis and Navasota..........just like old times.....Willis- Lagway, Bishop and gang v. old school rattlers like Baker, Willie Carroll, Ernest Jefferson ........ah the good old days.

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Willlis and Navasota..........just like old times.....Willis- Lagway, Bishop and gang v. old school rattlers like Baker, Willie Carroll, Ernest Jefferson ........ah the good old days.

Wow, that really is old school. Interesting enough, Baker's son is now the QB or one of the QB's for the Rattlers. I will be in the house next week when the Rattlers take on old district foe Willis Wildkats. Willis returns their top QB, RB, and WR from a Wildkat team that went two or three rounds deep last year. Plus, Navasota spanked them @ Rattler Stadium. Willis will definately be looking for revenge.

Go Snakes!

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Good Luck to both teams!

Go SNAKES!

OldBison75
08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Navasota 19
Madisonville 0

Halftime

First Half Stats Navasota 12 rushes for 123 yards Horn has6 carries for 95 yards
Baker 13-19 passing for 199 yards
TOTAL YARDS 322

Madisonville 20 rushes for 87 yards Mann has 13 rushes for 74 yards
0-2 passing for 0 yards
TOTAL YARDS 87

Baker for Navasota had two touchdown passes called back - 1 illegal receiver downfield
1 receiver came down with foot on the end line

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
CONGRATS Rattlers!:clap:

#14 Navasota 40- Madisonville 7 FINAL

OldBison75
08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Navasota 40
Madisonville 7

FINAL

OldBison75
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Navasota finishes with 537 total yards : 195 rushing 342 passing
RUSHING : 25 for 195 Horn has 12 carries for 116 yards
PASSING : Baker completed 18-27 for 342 0 interceptions

Madisonville finishes with 268 total yards ---- 181 in 2nd half with lots of defensive subs playing

Excellent game for the Rattlers!!!!!

trojandad
08-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Navasota finishes with 537 total yards : 195 rushing 342 passing
RUSHING : 25 for 195 Horn has 12 carries for 116 yards
PASSING : Baker completed 18-27 for 342 0 interceptions

Madisonville finishes with 268 total yards ---- 181 in 2nd half with lots of defensive subs playing

Excellent game for the Rattlers!!!!!

18 for 27....outstanding !!

OldBison75
08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Even that number, as good as it is, doesn't take into account that he had two passes dropped and another that was caught in the back of the end zone with the receiver having a foot on the line for an incomplete pass.

The kid makes great decisions and throws a beautiful pass. Every pass he threw except one was catchable, and that one was just overthrown in double coverage.

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/Navasota-rolls-past-Madisonville-40-7

Navasota rolls past Madisonville 40-7

BY SCOTT CLENDININ
Special to The Eagle

The names may have changed, but the Navasota offense continued to roll under the coaching of Lee Fedora in a 40-7 victory over Madisonville in the season opener Friday.

Kadarius Baker led the Rattler offense to 537 total yards while the defense held the Mustangs to 268.

Baker was 18-of-27 for 342 yards and had three touchdown passes in his first game as the starter at quarterback. He added 38 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Howard Horn led the Navasota rushing attack with 116 yards on just 12 carries and scored a touchdown as well.

"Baker was very poised tonight," Fedora said. "He is only a junior, and he is being pushed by Jacob Malek, but he really put his foot on the pedal for our offense and it helps us that he is playing quarterback. He was just outstanding tonight."

Madisonville running back Anthony Mann carried the ball 22 times for 127 yards, but the Mustangs turned the ball over five times on the night. Ryan Clever was 6-of-10 passing for 81 yards but that was all done after the Rattlers had a commanding lead.

The Rattler offense went three-and-out on their first possession but bounced back on their next drive despite taking over on their own 1-yard line.

Baker started the drive with a screen pass to Solomon McGinty that picked up 12 yards down the Navasota sideline. Newcomer Horn's first carry at tailback saw the junior burst through the left side and streak into the Mustang secondary for 40 yards. After a Baker incompletion and quarterback draw for six yards, Austin Baumert caught a pass from the quarterback in the flat for five yards and a first down before the pair connected on a deep pass that ended on the 1. Horn put the Rattlers on top with a rush over right guard for a 7-0 lead.

"Horn still isn't 100 percent and you could see he was still limping around a little bit," Fedora said. "We have just needed to get him healthy, but I was very pleased the way he ran the football. When you run the football like we did tonight you need to talk about your offensive line, and I thought the kids played hard together and did great."

The Navasota defense forced a second straight three-and-out from the ground-based Madisonville offense and took over at their 26.

After a short loss on first down, Horn again burst around left tackle, this time picking up 15 yards on back-to-back carries. With his offensive line giving him plenty of time to work downfield, Baker hit Jamison Coles down the hashmark for 30 yards. Jacob Malek would later pick up a first down on an option play over the left side. Baker's pass into the endzone found Collins wide open for an 18-yard score making it 13-0 when the extra point was wide left.

Navasota saw consecutive drives end on failed fourth-down conversions in the redzone, but the Rattler defense would not let the Mustangs gain momentum or yardage after the defensive stops.

Taking over with just over two minutes remaining in the half on the 27, Baker hit a wide open Jared Sauls for a 12-yard gain. Baker followed that with a strike to Demarcus Lee down the Madisonville sideline for a 35-yard pickup. He went back to Sauls again as he broke open at the 10-yard line and went in untouched for a 24-yard scoring strike.

Navasota wasted no time increasing their lead in the second half.

The defense forced Madisonville to punt, and the Rattler offense took over at their own five. Baker hit McGinty for a 30-yard gain to move out of the shadow of the goal post, and then found him again for a 38-yard pickup later in the drive that gave Navasota a first down at the Madisonville 9. Horn went over the right side and came up just short of paydirt on first down, and Baker finished the drive with a one-yard keeper for a 26-0 lead.

Madisonville finally scored in the fourth quarter when Ryan Clever came on in relief of Keelan Jones at quarterback and hit Brent McCloud on a 43-yard gain down to the 5 yardline. Jones then swept in around right tackle for a touchdown that cut the lead to 26-7.

Navasota had fourth-quarter touchdowns from Baker to Malek on a 45-yard catch and run to make it 33-7 and Creeks took an option play 25 yards for the final points of the game.

mwynn05
08-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Navasota Willis might be a good one next week.. I hear willis has a really good qb-wr duo

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Navasota Willis might be a good one next week.. I hear willis has a really good qb-wr duo

Yes they do not to mention a good returning rb . Last year's game was pretty good too. The Rattlers pulled out the victory 34-23 at Rattler Stadium.

venomous tat2
08-27-2011, 02:30 PM

And on another note Ernest Jefferson's son is one of the JV QB's

NastySlot
08-27-2011, 03:15 PM
And on another note Ernest Jefferson's son is one of the JV QB's

wow I really am getting old...............it was good reading that article and seeing those last names...baker Sauls, Baker, McGinty and I even remember Malek.

I can remember the good old days with the split back veer.

Caldwell_Raider
08-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Congratulations Navasota!

Do you guys ever have a down year?! Geez :)

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Congratulations Navasota!

Do you guys ever have a down year?! Geez :)

We've had our share. Navasota will be the team to watch next year and the next two years to follow.

Caldwell_Raider
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
We've had our share. Navasota will be the team to watch next year and the next two years to follow.

Well I'm glad you guys are keeping the district strong! The way things look now the district is gonna be up for grabs between Navasota and Giddings....

I can see a game like La Grange or even Smithville being a spoiler though for one of you guys.

Hopefully Caldwell can perform and miracle and turn things around and be one of those spoiler games, but I don't really see that happening sadly lol

Anyway good luck the rest of the year!

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Well I'm glad you guys are keeping the district strong! The way things look now the district is gonna be up for grabs between Navasota and Giddings....

I can see a game like La Grange or even Smithville being a spoiler though for one of you guys.

Hopefully Caldwell can perform and miracle and turn things around and be one of those spoiler games, but I don't really see that happening sadly lol

Anyway good luck the rest of the year!

The good thing is that we have Rockdale, La Grange, and Smithville at Rattler Stadium this year and road games at Giddings and Caldwell. I like our chances.