PDA

View Full Version : Love that Liberty Hill State Championship Billboard

Cam
08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Every morning on my way to Austin I look (with envy) at that real nice billboard LH put up next to the school. I think it's been there since they won back-to-back state championships in 06 & 07. Those were some great teams. And the billboard is something to be proud of! Wish Burnet had one but they haven't won the big yet and a runner-up billboard just wouldn't work! But anyway, what I really want to know is: What awesome kids went out and won the state championship in spelling for LH in 2005? Now that's some smarts right there given that the english language just messes most of us up! I spell "gnat" like "n-a-t" for example..right Beast?.......I never knew there was such a competition in spellin'....I need to get more involved with PTA or something.....:thinking:

OldNavy
08-25-2011, 10:22 AM
.....I never knew there was such a competition in spellin'....I need to get more involved with PTA or something.....:thinking:

Is spelling a sport?

Do they spell faster in East Texas?

Do the refs effect the outcome of the contest?

Does Brownwood spell better than any other team in the state?

Does Celina have 8 or 7 spelling titles?

Cam
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Is spelling a sport?

are you OK?:thinking:

BwdLion73
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Is spelling a sport?

No
No
No
Yes
:stirpot:

OldNavy
08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
are you OK?:thinking:

No, I'm in Florida, missing some 3A football, the annual west Texas Dove Hunt, and the rattle snake round-up.
(Actually, the snake thing, not so much.)

Sportshack
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Every morning on my way to Austin I look (with envy) at that real nice billboard LH put up next to the school. I think it's been there since they won back-to-back state championships in 06 & 07. Those were some great teams. And the billboard is something to be proud of! Wish Burnet had one but they haven't won the big yet and a runner-up billboard just wouldn't work! But anyway, what I really want to know is: What awesome kids went out and won the state championship in spelling for LH in 2005? Now that's some smarts right there given that the english language just messes most of us up! I spell "gnat" like "n-a-t" for example..right Beast?.......I never knew there was such a competition in spellin'....I need to get more involved with PTA or something.....:thinking:

It could have been some of members of football team as they were not as busy in 2005!!! :stirpot: