PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them CALDWELL HORNETS? Smithville gets negative yards

GoOrange
09-21-2002, 06:39 PM
The Swarm defense really stuck it to Smithville on Friday in a 36-0 shellacking. Best team from a balanced offense and defense perspective out of Caldwell in a LONG, LONG time. Smithville is a below average team despite being senior-heavy, but the Orange Crush limited the Tigers to minus 35 yards rushing offense and 58 yards total offense on the night, a real achievement especially with subs in the fourth quarter. Running back Brian Gilbert is all-state material (180 yards offense and five TD's and numerous sacks defensively).
New assistant coaches have helped turn the team around, but can they remain focused with four tough games in a row? We'll see. Giddings is a bit down, but Cameron is always strong, Rockdale will be an even test and well, Marlin, I have doubts but if the Hornets play aggressively like Friday, bring Gatesville on! Go for it, you guys....

mindy
09-21-2002, 07:07 PM
the bad thing is caldwell hasn't played a team that will even be close to the playoffs, smithville couldn't beat the worst 6man school,

spaniard
09-21-2002, 08:27 PM
oh happy day, caldwell beat smithville who has been romped by llano (50-6) and blanked by liberty hill (28-0), of which are two teams that really arent that good, both have played small weak 3a teams and 2a teams. so i guess be proud yall won, but notice that its not really an accomplishment to beat smithville.

ice78621
09-22-2002, 02:07 AM
isn't that sad that caldwell gets happy to beat one of the worst 3a football teams.

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Sounds like some serious cases of sour grapes. Any time your team has 25 underclassmen and you STILL manage a shutout with reserves, that's pretty good. Elgin, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4A four years ago, just can't win the big one (0-42 to Gatesville ring a bell?) and I wish you the absolute worst. Whatever you do, nurse your refs to health before your games with La Grange and Giddings. Wouldn't want to risk losing your ace in the hole, would you? :-)
And beat a HEALTHY Bellville team and then brag.
Make sure when Rockdale beats Smithville next week, you belittle them as well!
As for Burnet, who I've foolishly defended on this site from day one, I wouldn't take Liberty Hill too lightly if I were you. And if Caldwell beat Smithville with six sophomores by 36 (and killed the clock on their 12 yard line) and Llano, a STRONG team, beat them by 44 with starters, it's still a good sign.
No matter how you slice it, limiting an opponent to negative yardage (only 10 of 21 Smithville plays in the first half were for 1-4 yards with our starters), it's impressive.
If you ask me, all this bad-mouthing of Caldwell is a product of my bringing out the skeletons in your closets....... Tough beanie weanies!

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 12:24 PM
.... and as for you, Miss Mindy, I wouldn't exactly say that our road win over Madisonville didn't foil experts. Madisonville is a playoff-caliber team so do your homework from years past and then claim to be Miss Schoolboy Football USA

ice78621
09-22-2002, 01:20 PM
hey (go orange) so what's your excuse for last years homecoming was it the refs, that's pathetic ur talking crap to a team that beat yall on homecoming last year, and has 17 starters back.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-22-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey ice that was last years team not this year quit bringing up last year this is this year.

[This message has been edited by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86 (edited September 22, 2002).]

ice78621
09-22-2002, 01:53 PM
hey i hope yall actually make it to the playoffs so we can see who is the better team.

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 02:13 PM
Actually, I hope we do make the playoffs and meet you Elgin losers. You lost to Rockdale, for God's sake, and beat Gonzales by 2. Gonzales is not THAT fabulous. Oh, and in case you didn't read, Rockdale lost to Taylor by 29! Why did you win last year? Because we had a 2-8 football team with weak seniors. We were horribe, you moron! Wake up, it's 2002! Ding dong!

ice78621
09-22-2002, 02:21 PM
who do yall play this week.

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Our schedule is as follows: Snook, Tunis, Page, McDade, Kickypoo, Dime Box, Hix and Deanville. Satisfied?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Caldwell is open plays Giddings next

ice78621
09-22-2002, 02:35 PM
hey look yall beat giddings in two weeks i'll give yall all the respect yall want.

bigcat8
09-22-2002, 06:02 PM
The only starter out was #11 MLB. Quit making excuses.
Originally posted by GoOrange:
Sounds like some serious cases of sour grapes. Any time your team has 25 underclassmen and you STILL manage a shutout with reserves, that's pretty good. Elgin, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4A four years ago, just can't win the big one (0-42 to Gatesville ring a bell?) and I wish you the absolute worst. Whatever you do, nurse your refs to health before your games with La Grange and Giddings. Wouldn't want to risk losing your ace in the hole, would you? :-)
And beat a HEALTHY Bellville team and then brag.
Make sure when Rockdale beats Smithville next week, you belittle them as well!
As for Burnet, who I've foolishly defended on this site from day one, I wouldn't take Liberty Hill too lightly if I were you. And if Caldwell beat Smithville with six sophomores by 36 (and killed the clock on their 12 yard line) and Llano, a STRONG team, beat them by 44 with starters, it's still a good sign.
No matter how you slice it, limiting an opponent to negative yardage (only 10 of 21 Smithville plays in the first half were for 1-4 yards with our starters), it's impressive.
If you ask me, all this bad-mouthing of Caldwell is a product of my bringing out the skeletons in your closets....... Tough beanie weanies!

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 06:45 PM
You wanna know somethin? Even if Caldwell lost to Giddings by 60 points, I'd still be proud of my Hornet heritage. There's not many schools that demand clean officiating, push good grades over winning at absolutely ALL costs and who has good sportsmanship. Every time an opposing school has an il or terminally ill athlete who needs blood donations, we're always the first ones to line up so back off, wildkitten!
Just because a team beats Elgin (a school and town few know anything about besides barbecued sausage, mesquite trees and being the topic of the most beautiful, awesome, fantastic stadium in the state of Texas) doesn't mean they deserve a national ranking.
The officiating sucks there, always has and always will. Beat La Grange by 20 point and I'll give "yawl" all the respect you want, fair enough?
Tell coach Lock his efforts in trying to bring Caldwell class to Elgin are admired and one day when he gets his well-deserved job at a real school, we will applaud and breathe a sigh of relief for him...

RtX_olb2_06
09-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey GoOrange,
How can you hate on Elgin cause they lost to us when you dont even know what we got, if yall beat Rockdale then you got room to talk!

spaniard
09-22-2002, 10:14 PM
hey orange, when llano gets burned by us again by more than 60 points by the guys who started last year against their starters, then ill be laughing at you again. when liberty hill gets smoked by us again, which, by the way, liberty hill has never beat burnet, even during our losing seasons we manage to beat them, ill be laughing again. so, i dont konw why you think you know so much about llano and liberty hill whne youve never seen them play.

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 07:40 AM
You're obviously plain stupid, Mr. Burnet, because we played LH and your school is huge compared to theirs, so what's there to brag about? For a below-average size 3A, LH has some very good offensive players and have given up 33 points this season, including 27 to us! Smithville is no good, I'll grant you that, but Hutto is average and Caldwell has beaten some very good or improved teams in Madisonville (annual 3A playoff team) and Hearne (a team that will make noise in 2A).
Me thinks me knows Burnet fans are a LITTTTTTTTTTLE too over-confident this year.

RtX_olb2_06
09-23-2002, 05:06 PM

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 05:13 PM
hmmmm....im sensin some ego up in here

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Caldwell people have egos because we're rich and better than everybody else..... :-)

ice78621
09-23-2002, 08:48 PM
it doesn't matter how much money you have, it's how much talent you have. and i don't know why ur talking crap to burnet fans, because they can brag because they have a good team.

2k3_QB_10
09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
If I were a Caldwell player, or coach, i would be angry with GoOrange for telling about my team and who to key when they are played, i mean that's not very smart to give out all the information about the team. Don't you want to surprise people when you play them, instead of just flat out telling them what you have, and getting them shut down? That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to fire you up GoOrange, just trying to make you realize you are probably making it worse for your team by telling about their secrets, but o well, my opinion doesn't really matter. GO BLUE

spaniard
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
orange, im not even gonna humor all of the rest of the posters on this board with what i am thinking right now, its not even worth my time to type it. you have embarrassed yourself and caldwell good enough now, so ill just leave it there.

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Embarrassment will be when Bellville beats Burnet for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW! You can send your tax-free donation and self-addressed stamped envelope to the game officials in the Elgin vs. Bellville game for Elgin's "victory" on Friday. Bellville beats Rockdale by 24, who beat Elgin by 10 and then Elgin beat Bellville AT H-O-M-E by 7. I'd love to see how many penalties were called every time Bellville threatened to score or how many drives they managed to kill! They'd have to add a digit to the scoreboard for that one!
My condolences to Bellville. Maybe you'll know better than to play Elgin again. It's a waste of school district gas money and its a no-win situation for the kids unless you hand pick your own refs or someone kidnaps and gags one of Elgin's move-ins...

PS- Why are you kissing Burnet's rear end? They should care less about you. Burnet is good, yes, but like you they have 900 students......

spaniard
09-23-2002, 10:40 PM
somebody give him a pacifier please. if he cries anymore i think id have to call someone in caldwell to beat him like ms. toogood beat her kid. even then i dont know if he would quit.

Swarm 51
09-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by spaniard:
somebody give him a pacifier please. if he cries anymore i think id have to call someone in caldwell to beat him like ms. toogood beat her kid. even then i dont know if he would quit.

Maybe what he really needs is a good burp. That should help rid him of his hot gas.

Swarm 51
09-23-2002, 10:49 PM
I suppose I should have said a good burp would rid him of his hot air.

spaniard
09-23-2002, 10:51 PM
heh, either way, he needs something

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Open your mouth and I'll give you my pacifier! Further proof that you have no class is bringing up that tragic case of the poor child who was beaten by her mother. To say ANY human being deserves such cruelty is deranged, buster! You have a sick mind!
Haven't you cheated somebody today? Come on, you're slacking................

spaniard
09-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Open your mouth and I'll give you my pacifier! Further proof that you have no class is bringing up that tragic case of the poor child who was beaten by her mother. To say ANY human being deserves such cruelty is deranged, buster! You have a sick mind!
Haven't you cheated somebody today? Come on, you're slacking................

ya know orange, when you start talkin noise to someone, you say stuff you dont mean, and the whole thing about the kid getting beaten was too far i admit, and ill apologize for that one. it makes me sad to see that a woman would beat the crap out of her daughter just bc she got denied trying to cheat a store out of its money. but for everything else i have said to you and that everyone else has said to you, i wont apologize, i know that the majority of people on this site are tired of your trash that you post.

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I will NEVER apologize for what I've said because it's all the truth! The part that ticks me he most is that this whole topic got started because I was proud of my alma mater enough to post it on here because our boys program has been overshadowed by our girls' volleyball program's two impressive state titles in the past three years. But the very second something positive is put up, a bunch of Elgin and Rockdale cockroaches come out boasting about wins in the past against admittedly poor teams in Caldwell except two years ago when we were screwed out of two touchdown in plain sight in Elgin. It was the third straight time Caldwell had played there in which officials went yellow-handkerchief happy only AFTER a run or pass approached their goal line. We had beaten a Cameron team, 28-24, the week before and then had to sit at home reading about Cameron going to the fourth round of the playoffs only becuase of the tragically poor officiating in Elgin. Elgin went on to lose to Gatesville, 42-0, in bi-district, which made it even more obvious there was something fishy about their win over us. It got to where Caldwell fans couldn't handle the emotions of "booing" officials all night and left shortly after halftime when the flags started flying again. In previous games to that one, we had averaged 30 yards in penalties. That night, we had 120 yards in penalties and every week AFTER that, we dropped back down to 40 or fewer penalty yards.
I suggest Burnet either shut up or schedule Elgin in non-district and then jump on their sickening bandwagon. Once you've been through that sort of rubbish, you'll agree wholeheartedly. Just ask Bellville from last week....

spaniard
09-23-2002, 11:17 PM
and i spose that if we asked bellville why they lost to elgin last week they would get the pouty face that i can see you getting and start crying to us about how bad the refs are there. bad refs, sadly enough, are part of the game, everytime burnet goes and plays wimberley at wimberley, the officiating is bad, but you never hear burnet whining and complaining about losing bc of bad calls. it was bc wimberley was a good team, better than burnet at the time. now, take a look at caldwell and then take a look at elgin. which team is better? and quit whining bc things dont go the way you want them to.

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 11:36 PM
Again, until you see Caldwell play (we played your beloved team pretty well last year in scrimmage if I remember correctly (2-2), don't ramble on about how great Elgin supposedly JUST BECAUSE your kissy-face buddy says so. He is judging Caldwell on the past and only the past! Who died and made you some self-proclaimed expert? And by bringing up Wimberley, you're whining yourself or you wouldn't even bring it up.
I'm 6-5 and can dead lift 400 so I don't think I'll by crying any time soon, Mr. Bertram......

GoOrange
09-23-2002, 11:38 PM
By the way, what does "spose" mean? The correct spelling is "suppose."

spaniard
09-23-2002, 11:42 PM

I'm 6-5 and can dead lift 400 so I don't think I'll by crying any time soon, Mr. Bertram......

im glad youre such a big strong dude, but why are you calling me mr bertram? im definitley not from bertram, and spose is just easier to type than suppose. thanks for the grammar class.

tog
09-24-2002, 03:07 PM
just to let it be known, that go orange is not a coach or player,,,,6'5 deadlift 400 pounds wow, that is impressive, caldwell's 3rd place state powerlifters who both weighed under 145 deadlifted well over 400,, we have more than 10 kids in program that have dl more than that,, and what does that have to do with anything anyway?

GoOrange
09-24-2002, 05:45 PM
MR. TOG:
First of all, I meant 500 pounds, my bad, and I don't give a flip what the average player can lift if they can't make the playoffs. One thing I can see hasn't changed and might not EVER change in Caldwell, it looks like, is the crappy attitude of a certain select few athletes who don't even know when someone is defending them when it's beating them in the face! And that's EXACTLY why Caldwell is annually throwing temper tantrums at the end of each season when it wins fewer than five games. The real reason is because players have always had doubts about their abilities and would rather play down their potential so if a big dance or beer bust comes up downtown the weekend of the first playoff, they can justify losing and missing the playoffs. And that's beautiful music to the ears of Marlin, Cameron and Rockdale (and even Lorena and Troy) if you don't have enough confidence to defend yourself from time to time. Be a man, not a mouse.
Better yet, unlike past Caldwell teams, show your frustration on the field and kick some butt instead of venting it in a website where meaningless and harmless trash-talking is the norm!
I wonder if you're already conjuring excuses of why you'll lose to Cameron and Rockdale. Get off this website and go knock some helmets - or celebrate a 4-6 season. Caldwell is among the the bottom 20 percent of Texas school (Class A through 5A) in winning percentages. That mouth won't help you climb out of that hellhole.
If you're so big and tough, prove it by winning district!