PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose @ Bridgeport

GrTigers6
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Thoughts?
Both teams rebuilding, but I think we are having to rebuild less. We have more offensive weapons than last years teams, But dont know about the bulls. I am willing to say it will be closer game than last years 56-28 but that is as far as I am taking it.
It will be interesting to see how both teams come out and play.
good luck to both!

BullBoy
08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Gonna be a close one!

I'm going with my team by 7

GrTigers6
08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Gonna be a close one!

I'm going with my team by 7Well in that case Im going with my team by 7, lol
It should be a great game! Oh and watch out for #6. lol

BullBoy
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Well in that case Im going with my team by 7, lol
It should be a great game! Oh and watch out for #6. lol#6 eh? Yall watch out for our #3, give him an inch and he'll take it to the house!!!

GrTigers6
08-26-2011, 06:05 AM
#6 eh? Yall watch out for our #3, give him an inch and he'll take it to the house!!!I will keep an eye out for him.

Bullaholic
08-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Whew! What a track meet. 53-36 Bulls. Neither team could stop the other and it rocked along like that on every possession in to the 4th quarter where the Bulls finally got a couple of stops and turned them into points. Many big plays by both offenses, but the Bulls ended up making a couple more late in the game. I was very impressed by the Tiger offense---they will put up plenty of points this season. Both defenses need a lot of work defending the pass, however. The Bull QB, Mahon, was very impressive throwing the ball---accurate, with plenty of arm, and made several excellent pocket escapes. Mechanically, he may well be one of the best pure passers that I have seen in a Bull uni in several seasons. Gabe Huerta, RB, was just cleared for practice/play just in the last week but still turned in some game-breaking runs and a ton of yards. If these Bulls continue to improve every week--it is going to take a pile of points to get by them. Best of luck to the Glen Rose Tigers--they are a good bunch of kids with a lot of heart.

Bullaholic
08-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Mahon had 370 yds passing and 6 TD's.
Huerta had 145 yds rushing

GrTigers6
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes it was an awesome game. I was impressed with both offenses as well. Bulls o seem to not buckle under pressure because it seems like nearly every scoring play was on third or fourth and long. I do think both defenses struggled in the second half which could be both heat and first game and plus a little execution too. The first half showed both defenses holding pretty good. A first it seemed like everyone was moving in slow motion for the first quarter and a half. Even though we lost I feel a whole lot better about this team then I did this time last year. Goo luck to the bulls as well, maybe a playoff rematch!