PDA

View Full Version : week 0, coldspring @ kirbyville....

trojandad
08-24-2011, 08:21 PM
coldspring sent home a really good kirbyville team after losing this same game to them the 1st game last season without cummings (full time) or gilbert at all.....my thoughts are k'ville is gonna be whipped into a frenzy, plus barbay is gonna shuttle a lot of backs like last year finding which combo works best together......game is @ k'ville.....i'm picking the trojans but by less than 2 scores.....k'ville will be worked into a frenzy by coach alvarez but i think they just lost too many players this year....

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
coldspring sent home a really good kirbyville team after losing this same game to them the 1st game last season without cummings (full time) or gilbert at all.....my thoughts are k'ville is gonna be whipped into a frenzy, plus barbay is gonna shuttle a lot of backs like last year finding which combo works best together......game is @ k'ville.....i'm picking the trojans but by less than 2 scores.....k'ville will be worked into a frenzy by coach alvarez but i think they just lost too many players this year.... kirbyville by 35

trojandad
08-25-2011, 03:17 PM
kirbyville by 35

and they wonder why the board has gone down this year......

Pudlugger
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Coldspring romps in this one. Too many Trojan legions for Kirbyville to defeat in this battle.

Roughneck93
08-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Coldspring romps in this one. Too many Trojan legions for Kirbyville to defeat in this battle.:iagree: Picking Coldspring by 21.

eagles_victory
08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
This is what I wrote for another website.

Coldspring at Kirbyville

A state finalist against a regional semi finalist in Week 0 with both favorites to win district again this year is must see. Kirbyville was hit hard with graduation and changes on the staff this off-season. New coach Greg Neece may have a tough challenge repeating last season’s success with only 6 returning starters in total. Despite all that in Kirbyville you are not expected to rebuild just reload and that is what the Wildcats expect from themselves this season. Decorian Smith at running back will be the catalyst of this years squad replacing all everything Fred Ford. Smith is flat out electric in the open field and should continue the tradition of elite runners from Kirbyville. But, Coldspring is not the ideal opening opponent. Last years state finalists are only returning 4 and 5 starters on offense and defense respectively. However, they are returning several impact players that will be forces to be reckoned with for all their opponents. You don’t gain over 2000 yards in just 16 games without being a very special athlete and that is exactly what Sherman Gilbert did last season. Gilbert is expected to put up similar if not better numbers this year. Kirbyville will really struggle to have an answer for him (as will everyone else). If the Wildcats of Kirbyville want to work on the passing game this may not be the week. This Coldspring secondary could be the class of Region 3 this year. Unless your name is Anthony Morgan passing against these guys will be next to impossible. Colton Monroe will be all over the field once again this season, while Jerrell Sykes will continue being the ultimate ball hawk. Coldspring will be too much for Kirbyville on this night.

Coldspring 35 Kirbyville 17

Saggy Aggie
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
and they wonder why the board has gone down this year...... well that doesn't make sense again, but what's new with trojandad? What would I have to do with the board going down this year (considering I've been here for years- even longer than you)?

trojandad
08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
This is what I wrote for another website.

Coldspring at Kirbyville

A state finalist against a regional semi finalist in Week 0 with both favorites to win district again this year is must see. Kirbyville was hit hard with graduation and changes on the staff this off-season. New coach Greg Neece may have a tough challenge repeating last season’s success with only 6 returning starters in total. Despite all that in Kirbyville you are not expected to rebuild just reload and that is what the Wildcats expect from themselves this season. Decorian Smith at running back will be the catalyst of this years squad replacing all everything Fred Ford. Smith is flat out electric in the open field and should continue the tradition of elite runners from Kirbyville. But, Coldspring is not the ideal opening opponent. Last years state finalists are only returning 4 and 5 starters on offense and defense respectively. However, they are returning several impact players that will be forces to be reckoned with for all their opponents. You don’t gain over 2000 yards in just 16 games without being a very special athlete and that is exactly what Sherman Gilbert did last season. Gilbert is expected to put up similar if not better numbers this year. Kirbyville will really struggle to have an answer for him (as will everyone else). If the Wildcats of Kirbyville want to work on the passing game this may not be the week. This Coldspring secondary could be the class of Region 3 this year. Unless your name is Anthony Morgan passing against these guys will be next to impossible. Colton Monroe will be all over the field once again this season, while Jerrell Sykes will continue being the ultimate ball hawk. Coldspring will be too much for Kirbyville on this night.

Coldspring 35 Kirbyville 17

i had no idea k'ville had changed coaches...do you know if it was a choice by coach alvarez or did they replace him?....that makes it doubly amazing we still have coach barbay, because i thought if he didnt go back for an open newton job he sure would for the kirbyville job....

eagles_victory
08-26-2011, 01:59 AM
i had no idea k'ville had changed coaches...do you know if it was a choice by coach alvarez or did they replace him?....that makes it doubly amazing we still have coach barbay, because i thought if he didnt go back for an open newton job he sure would for the kirbyville job.... Coach Alvarez took the job in Ennis.

trojandad
08-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Coach Alvarez took the job in Ennis.

i know in last years playoff game with them, we could hear their crowd getting on to him for not throwing the ball in the 2nd half as he did in the first....and they had to be loud to get over our crowd, as we were staging a second half comeback....i wondered if there would be any problems for him once they got home, but figured he was too entrenched to be forced out....hes had several good teams there, tho that one might have been one of the best....they just got flustered when they couldnt run against us, cause they ran on everybody....

eagles_victory
08-26-2011, 03:37 AM
i know in last years playoff game with them, we could hear their crowd getting on to him for not throwing the ball in the 2nd half as he did in the first....and they had to be loud to get over our crowd, as we were staging a second half comeback....i wondered if there would be any problems for him once they got home, but figured he was too entrenched to be forced out....hes had several good teams there, tho that one might have been one of the best....they just got flustered when they couldnt run against us, cause they ran on everybody.... They looked pretty balanced when I saw them, but that is when they were able to do whatever they wanted. When a defense hits you in the mouth it is a whole other ball game.

trojandad
08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
coldspring 12
k'ville 0

4:55 1st qtr....

55 yd run from gilbert, 2 pt no good.....

trojandad
08-26-2011, 08:07 PM
end of 1 - trojans up 12=0.....

safety early 2nd......coldspring up 14-0.....

trojandad
08-26-2011, 08:43 PM
c'spring up 28-0 at half, gilbert 3 scores.....

trojandad
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
coldspring 49
kirbyville 6

final...

stats to follow (i hope)

lbjacj
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Very impressive start!
Congrats!

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Way to go Trojans!

Roughneck93
08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Congrats! Looks like y'all haven't missed a beat.

trojandad
08-26-2011, 11:40 PM
stats... cs kv

total yds - 346 - 78

rushing 337 -11 (thats minus 11)

passing 9 89 (55 on scoring play)

fumbles/lost 1/1 5/5

1st downs 17 5

we were substantially bigger on the line tonight and were on the qb almost everytime he took a direct snap from center.....k'ville fought hard but just couldnt get plays started....if we dont have the best rushing defense in the state right now it might be in the ballpark.....we also only had a couple of false starts, a big improvement for a qb now a junior....

downside, 4 scores by gilbert makes a one man show....hes great, is definitely one of the fastest, but barbay shuffled second backs in all night.....johnson averaged 11.5/carry and carter averaged 12.5/carry...will be fun to see who gets #2 man.......

Pudlugger
08-26-2011, 11:47 PM
coldspring 49
kirbyville 6

final...

stats to follow (i hope)

Excellent start Trojandad. looks like Coldspring is ready for another great season.

eagles_victory
08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
stats... cs kv

total yds - 346 - 78

fumbles/lost 1/1 5/5

1st downs 17 5

we were substantially bigger on the line tonight and were on the qb almost everytime he took a direct snap from center.....k'ville fought hard but just couldnt get plays started....if we dont have the best rushing defense in the state right now it might be in the ballpark.....we also only had a couple of false starts, a big improvement for a qb now a junior....

downside, 4 scores by gilbert makes a one man show....hes great, is definitely one of the fastest, but barbay shuffled second backs in all night.....johnson averaged 11.5/carry and carter averaged 12.5/carry...will be fun to see who gets #2 man....... Appreciate you guys making me look good.

trojandad
08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Excellent start Trojandad. looks like Coldspring is ready for another great season.

remember this name, pud....chance andries, #52....is a warren sapp type of player....the man is so bad bodied but made a good name for himself last year against carthage and lived in k'villes backfield.....i have no idea how strong he is but he doesnt get moved, even on double teams.....he really deserves all state consideration if he stays healthy.....is the big reason for the minus 11 rushing for k'ville, theyd run the double team up the middle and hed hold it off and reach over them to grab the back.....wonderful man up the middle.......

trojandad
08-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Appreciate you guys making me look good.

you were closer on the score than i was......they just had no answer for gilberts speed....barbay held him to 13 carries for 120 and played with other combos the rest of the night....you could tell he hated for the score to go up, he loves his old team very much......

trojandad
08-27-2011, 12:12 AM
good article i was sent yesterday but just opened....

http://www.chron.com/default/article/No-1-Coldspring-2139719.php

http://www.chron.com/default/article/Pearland-La-Marque-Coldspring-on-notice-2138281.php

eagles_victory
08-27-2011, 12:49 AM
you were closer on the score than i was......they just had no answer for gilberts speed....barbay held him to 13 carries for 120 and played with other combos the rest of the night....you could tell he hated for the score to go up, he loves his old team very much...... I knew yall would be really good just expected more from Kirbyville.

Sportshack
08-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Like I mentioned in a different thread...CS looked pretty salty to me last year and looks like they are off and running again!

trojandad
08-27-2011, 06:42 AM
in the article above it sounds like barbay thinks hes gonna have a defining defense this year.....minus 11 rushing for the game sounds like a good start....

Tejastrue
08-27-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm trying to find something here to debate but what can I say. Sounds like total dominance if there ever was one. Maybe the one reason would be as you stated that they lost a lot of players. Who do you feel will be your first real test? Congrats on the win.

trojandad
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm trying to find something here to debate but what can I say. Sounds like total dominance if there ever was one. Maybe the one reason would be as you stated that they lost a lot of players. Who do you feel will be your first real test? Congrats on the win.

madisonville is next week but according to hemo, they look down....2a 4th ranked crockett played us the closest last year and have a bunch back this year i hear, but at least well have gilbert this year for that game, but that should be a test...after that orangefield ended the year on a run, almost sneaking in for the third spot in 21 33a at the end of the year, we handled them easy last year compared to the district teams they played afterward, so im thinking they got better....after that its fairly easy (excuse any unintended arrogance) until cleveland on 10/14, then a bye week with two empty weeks to prepare for huffman on 10/28, probably for the whole magilla in district.....

trojandad
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
stats... cs kv

total yds - 346 - 78

fumbles/lost 1/1 5/5

1st downs 17 5

we looked at tape today (after finishing with the wife's thank you's for y'day) and watched a tape of the game....the chronicle missed a fumble....sykes missed a wide open interception but recovered an extra fumble....we went 6/6 for fumbles).....

WOS1
08-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Congrats on the win trojandad!