PDA

View Full Version : Jaxon Shipley

Old Tiger
08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Do you guys think if he was black that he would of been a more highly ranked recruit and much more heralded? I've seen the debate that being a white WR hurt his recruiting ranking.

trojandad
08-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Do you guys think if he was black that he would of been a more highly ranked recruit and much more heralded? I've seen the debate that being a white WR hurt his recruiting ranking.

only by real morons....being a coach's son helped him FAR more than any skin color hurt him.....every big time coach wants to coach a coach's son....

firstdown
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM

That kid can play. If I was doing the recruiting I wouldn't care if he was purple I want him on my team.

RoyceTTU
08-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure his ranking really mattered for anything to him. He was going to UT from the start and UT wanted him far before he completely developed into what he is now and before the ranking came out.

Old Tiger
08-24-2011, 01:52 PM
The debate does not matter where he was set to go....just the fact did he race effect his recruiting ranking and such.

bobcat1
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
No it did not. Why are you always so concerned about race?

RoyceTTU
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
The debate does not matter where he was set to go....just the fact did he race effect his recruiting ranking and such.

Sounds more like trolling for an argument.

BwdLion73
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I believe thats an interesting question when you think about it, however like religion and politics I think it would do nothing but explode into a giant P.C. fight that would mess up our Meet and Greets. He is what he is. :wave:

trojandad
08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Sounds more like trolling for an argument.

+1....

Phil C
08-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure his ranking really mattered for anything to him. He was going to UT from the start and UT wanted him far before he completely developed into what he is now and before the ranking came out.

I'm with Royce. Race had nothing to do with it. His big brother went to Texas and it was obvious that was where he was going. So other Coaches didn't waste their time. If he was open where he was going he would have had many knocks on the door from recruiters.

eagles_victory
08-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Who are we to say race had nothing to do with it? Is this question and thread pointless? Sure it is lol but to say race had nothing to do with it with no real knowledge of the situation is short sighted as well.

Buckeye1980
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Why do people want to bring race in to ANY conservation? Come on people, GET A LIFE!

eagles_victory
08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Why do people want to bring race in to ANY conservation? Come on people, GET A LIFE! I hate the race card too, but lets not sit here and act like race doesn't play a factor in many things in life.

DavidWooderson
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe he wasn't too highly recruited because everyone just assumed he'd go to Texas no matter what. Why waste your time trying to recruit a player you know you aren't going to get?

eagles_victory
08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Recruiting rank has nothing to do with how highly recruited you are. For example, hardly anyone ever recruited Lebron James (esp after soph year) and he was the runaway number 1 recruit in the country by every recruiting service.

Old Dog
08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
There have been quite a few video clips on the Austin TV stations of Jaxon at UT practice sessions. It's like watching a rerun of Jordan that's just a tad taller. He will make his own mark at UT in good time...........

As for recruitment, we all know that 3A kids just don't get the exposure that the big city players do and as someone else already said, all knew he was going to UT.

Cam
08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
All I know is I got to see Jaxon play in 7th & 8th grade...and what a fun kid to watch! From incredible runs to incredible catches...but that's it for Bob. No more boys. We still have Bob's brother here in Burnet and he's got a middle schooler who's about 6'3" or something like that....but, I don't know anything bout him. Last time I saw him in 7th grade, he was on the sidelines in crutches......let's hope he's a good one too! Anybody know anything bout him? I know his dad was a stud TE at TCU..least that's what I heard.....

LionKing
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
He was a 4* recruit, which is pretty darn good anyways, I do know some of the Rivals people say he probably shoulda been a 5*, since he commited early as he did he didn't get a lot of national exposure, which hurts star rankings.

BEAST
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Here is what I do know, he has already cracked the starting lineup as a true freshman. Enough said.

BEAST

LionKing
08-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Here is what I do know, he has already cracked the starting lineup as a true freshman. Enough said.

BEASTHear he's also the punt returner, and has a special package of plays on offense.

Trashman
08-24-2011, 03:59 PM
We still have Bob's brother here in Burnet and he's got a middle schooler who's about 6'3" or something like that....but, I don't know anything bout him. Last time I saw him in 7th grade, he was on the sidelines in crutches......let's hope he's a good one too! Anybody know anything bout him? I know his dad was a stud TE at TCU..least that's what I heard.....

Hey! Another potential move-in for Brownwood!

Rocket
08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Jaxon has said multiple times that he had decided to go to UT when he was very young. Recruiting didn't matter, he was already a Longhorn before they offered.

Phil C
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Recruiting rank has nothing to do with how highly recruited you are. For example, hardly anyone ever recruited Lebron James (esp after soph year) and he was the runaway number 1 recruit in the country by every recruiting service.

This is a good point. Everyone knew Lebron was going to the pros right away where the money was so coaches didn't waste their time.

Rocket
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
There have been quite a few video clips on the Austin TV stations of Jaxon at UT practice sessions. It's like watching a rerun of Jordan that's just a tad taller. He will make his own mark at UT in good time...........

As for recruitment, we all know that 3A kids just don't get the exposure that the big city players do and as someone else already said, all knew he was going to UT.

He will be better than Jordan. Not that it is a competition, but his skill set is a little more complete and the added height and jumping ability is phenomenal.

Cam
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey! Another potential move-in for Brownwood!

LOL!...yeah maybe...Stephen is slowly working his way up the ladder at BISD. Currently on the school board. I think he builds homes for a living....hey, maybe he'll build himself one in BW.....

Cam
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Jaxon has said multiple times that he had decided to go to UT when he was very young. Recruiting didn't matter, he was already a Longhorn before they offered.

Rocket's right...he'd say that all the time..

trojandad
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
This is a good point. Everyone knew Lebron was going to the pros right away where the money was so coaches didn't waste their time.

i guess that means he was good, even great, but not a lebron in his sport....

Tejastrue
08-24-2011, 04:48 PM

:stirpot: Maybe it was because he was not from East Texas...:stirpot:

Emerson1
08-24-2011, 04:48 PM

Yes. I really find it hard to believe there were 8 receivers better then him in HS last year.

BwdLion73
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
:stirpot: Maybe it was because he was not from East Texas...:stirpot:

I think someone is on to something.:eek:

pirate4state
08-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Do you guys think if he was black that he would of been a more highly ranked recruit and much more heralded? I've seen the debate that being a white WR hurt his recruiting ranking. Don't be texting me when they ban you again lmao

BaseballUmp
08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with race, or possibly even football. He just wanted to be Case McCoy's roommate

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Don't be texting me when they ban you again lmao
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

And :doh: at this thread.

garciap77
08-27-2011, 07:36 AM

:iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20100911-033248-pic-529776952_t607.jpg

:)