PDA

View Full Version : What's Missing?

eagles_victory
08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Why is the board so dead this year? Most football talk we have gotten this year is on the Wylie Rockdale game location.

sandbagger
08-23-2011, 06:56 PM
All the celinabots learned there lesson about lettin there mouth right checks that there team cant cash.

eagles_victory
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I think there isn't that polarizing team this year that everyone is talking about. No Burnet or WOS from back in the day or Brownwood from last year.

trojandad
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I think there isn't that polarizing team this year that everyone is talking about. No Burnet or WOS from back in the day or Brownwood from last year.

stands to reason, b'wood has the most followers out here, when they go to rebuilding it slows down....

bobcat1
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
All the celinabots learned there lesson about lettin there mouth right checks that there team cant cash.LMAO I never right any checks.

eagles_victory
08-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I use to write checks.

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Who knows? But, the Snyder/Monahans thread almost falling off the front page twice speaks volumes. That is always an epic game in R1.

My opinion is that there just aren't enough vets left that have the the time to keep the board interesting with interactive stuff like before.

bobcat1
08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Where is DaHop and skinsforlife? What about all them Woodheads? What happened to Billy the RykerTX Chick? Where is the All Knowing One(You know who you are)? What Happened to the Rock City(B'Port) faithful?

Rocket
08-23-2011, 07:26 PM
For the record... I like to watch this board fall asleep... When I decide to wake it up, I will.

trojandad
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
sure hope wos87 shows up this year.....lookin grim, tho......

bobcat1
08-23-2011, 07:31 PM
For the record... I like to watch this board fall asleep... When I decide to wake it up, I will.That's what is missing! Do I detect fear of the unknown Little Rocket? What I mean if you got 'em, let 'em swing!

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2011, 07:40 PM
All the celinabots learned there lesson about lettin there mouth right checks that there team cant cash. I don't even know where to begin...

:facepalm:

Tejastrue
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
All the celinabots learned there lesson about lettin there mouth right checks that there team cant cash.

May be the lack of high school graduates... :crying:

Rocket
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
That's what is missing! Do I detect fear of the unknown Little Rocket? What I mean if you got 'em, let 'em swing!

Oh you know we got 'em... Everybody has it figured out. We just aren't the type to be good year in and year out. LOL All in due time... After all, y'all don't need me for entertainment.

bobcat1
08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh you know we got 'em... Everybody has it figured out. We just aren't the type to be good year in and year out. LOL All in due time... After all, y'all don't need me for entertainment. I do. No one wants to play dammit.

bobcat1
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM

May be the lack of high school graduates... :crying:That's rich.:spitlol:

zebrablue2
08-23-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm wondering where all the Bellville/Sealy posters are??? Scary times indeed. Especially that one(from Sealy) named toodle:D

LIONS#1
08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
LOL...Brownwood....Brownwood.......Brownwood...... .and more Brownwood!!!!:wave: That is whats happening!!:clap: East Texas Ref's Kills our chances at a Title last year!!! Everyone has written us off this year!!! But we will overcome!!!! Get ready...this team will surprise some folks!!!! So get on the band wagon early this year!!:1popcorn:

ronwx5x
08-24-2011, 10:14 AM
I do. No one wants to play dammit.

Is that game played with cards, dominos or dice?:)

JJWalker
08-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Don't worry ... as the economy tanks ... there will be more and more people with the time to post.

Texas has just not been hit by the recession as hard as other states.

Txbroadcaster
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
this is not happening just on this board..but alot of boards across many different topics..I just think the whole idea of the message board is not as big now as it was in the past

Bosqueville
08-24-2011, 10:51 AM
I believe it will pick back up starting Friday night around 10:30.

nobogey72
08-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Global warming is the problem.

coach
08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
LOL...Brownwood....Brownwood.......Brownwood...... .and more Brownwood!!!!:wave: That is whats happening!!:clap: East Texas Ref's Kills our chances at a Title last year!!! Everyone has written us off this year!!! But we will overcome!!!! Get ready...this team will surprise some folks!!!! So get on the band wagon early this year!!:1popcorn:

Are you seriously blaming the refs for last years loss?

bobcat1
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Is that game played with cards, dominos or dice?:)Nope, quick wit and a sarcastic tone.:wave:

BwdLion73
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm blaming that midget loving bad mojo guy. :eek:

eagles_victory
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
I believe it will pick back up starting Friday night around 10:30. No way it will be to the level it has in the past not even close to the preseason talk.

Rocket
08-24-2011, 11:04 PM

I'm your huckleberry...

MGAR
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm your huckleberry...

I hear ya... Those dang refs missed a lot of holding calls back in 1977... If they'd got them right, I'd be a state champ.

Rocket
08-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I love all these people that don't ever blame refs. You are lying to yourself if you don't think refs affect a game and it's outcome. That is why luck plays a role in every state championship. In a close, EVENLY-MATCHED game like Brownwood vs. Carthage, you can bet your sweet bippy the refs affected the outcome, and yup, Carthage got lucky and if Brownwood would have won I would say the same thing. Luck is a factor in winning it all. My goodness am I the only one on this board with an ounce of common sense?

MGAR
08-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I love all these people that don't ever blame refs. You are lying to yourself if you don't think refs affect a game and it's outcome. That is why luck plays a role in every state championship. In a close, EVENLY-MATCHED game like Brownwood vs. Carthage, you can bet your sweet bippy the refs affected the outcome, and yup, Carthage got lucky and if Brownwood would have won I would say the same thing. Luck is a factor in winning it all. My goodness am I the only one on this board with an ounce of common sense?

Naw man, I have an ounce.

Old Tiger
08-24-2011, 11:36 PM
teams who are supposed to be good this year don't have many posters here. board was lively when the teams who were supposed to be good had tons of posters....perhaps lack of advertising the board?

LIONS#1
08-24-2011, 11:36 PM
It is what it is...a tainted one sided called game that boosted Cathage to the Championship game. Very biased officiating!! Blind midgets could have called a better game....nothing against blind midgets!!:1popcorn:!!

Old Tiger
08-24-2011, 11:37 PM
It is what it is...a tainted one sided called game that boosted Cathage to the Championship game. Very biased officiating!! Blind midgets could have called a better game....nothing against blind midgets!!:1popcorn:!!cry baby...take that crap elsewhere.

Tejastrue
08-25-2011, 12:32 AM

The refs absolutely affected the game however being down by 7 the outcome was still in question, penalty or not.

Good read:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/dec/14/lions-loss-to-carthage-was-no-choke/?partner=RSS

OldNavy
08-25-2011, 06:37 AM
... My goodness am I the only one on this board with an ounce of common sense?

Yep, you're the only one! You are the gold standard when it comes to common sense. Can't imagine why anyone would ever question your sage, unbiased wisdom. I agree with you totally, the Refs did it! Carthage was lucky, a three year string of luck, but luck just the same.

bobcat1
08-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Charles Rixey is missing! Kep and KAOrder too.

OldNavy
08-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Charles Rixey is missing! Kep and KAOrder too.

Where is Bobcat Bennie?

bowleghorses
08-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Wait!!!! I'm gunna get really crazy on here shortly...trash talk acoming. You will forget everyone that is missing.

How am I doing?

ronwx5x
08-25-2011, 07:19 AM
The refs absolutely affected the game however being down by 7 the outcome was still in question, penalty or not.

Good read:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/dec/14/lions-loss-to-carthage-was-no-choke/?partner=RSS

Best quote by Coach Shipley: “They’ve always been focused and confident. Not in a negative way, but in believing they could win a game when it was on the line."

When was Brownwood ever challenged enough in 2010 to have the game on the line other than against CArthage?

Rocket
08-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Best quote by Coach Shipley: “They’ve always been focused and confident. Not in a negative way, but in believing they could win a game when it was on the line."

When was Brownwood ever challenged enough in 2010 to have the game on the line other than against CArthage?

Watch the play. Shipley executed a perfect route, only to be tackled before he could catch the ball, and THEN the refs call him for offensive pass interference? That was 6 and we go for 2 to win.

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Watch the play. Shipley executed a perfect route, only to be tackled before he could catch the ball, and THEN the refs call him for offensive pass interference? That was 6 and we go for 2 to win.

Post the video or a link and let us be the judge.
And I absolutely agree that Refs in all sports play a major role in who wins the game. They set the style of play, the pace and the intensity. Refs in the NBA change the way they call games when the playoffs start which favors the more physical team. NHL refs will intentionally call lopsided games in the 3rd period to try to even out the powerplays if one team got a advantage during the other two periods. And the home plate Umpire in baseball can determine the fate of a pitcher and the entire team on any given night by how he decides to call balls and strikes. Everybody knows these things happen so anyone who says officiating doesn't determine games is either intentionally being obtuse or is a complete idiot. No offense to anyone in particular!!! :stirpot:

ronwx5x
08-25-2011, 08:44 AM

While your diatribe against the referees is just a continuation of "coulda, woulda, shoulda" it has nothing to do with my point that other than against Carthage, Brownwood never really had a game that was "on the line". That's mostly a compliment to the Lions, not a statement reflecting my view or opinion on which team should have won that game. Coach Shipley is no doubt a great coach, he just forgot where the team had been prior to this night. They were never challenged previously.

RoyceTTU
08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Post the video or a link and let us be the judge.
And I absolutely agree that Refs in all sports play a major role in who wins the game. They set the style of play, the pace and the intensity. Refs in the NBA change the way they call games when the playoffs start which favors the more physical team. NHL refs will intentionally call lopsided games in the 3rd period to try to even out the powerplays if one team got a advantage during the other two periods. And the home plate Umpire in baseball can determine the fate of a pitcher and the entire team on any given night by how he decides to call balls and strikes. Everybody knows these things happen so anyone who says officiating doesn't determine games is either intentionally being obtuse or is a complete idiot. No offense to anyone in particular!!! :stirpot:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals004.mp4)

Old Tiger
08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view¤t=semifinals004.mp4)If anything that looks like offensive PI....shipley basically pulling the defender down and the whole time the defender was looking back at the QB.

pirate4state
08-25-2011, 09:30 AM
If anything that looks like offensive PI....shipley basically pulling the defender down and the whole time the defender was looking back at the QB. I agree. It looked like Shipley lost his footing and never really regained it and became the defender. JMO

Old Tiger
08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I know right p4s.....thats the worse complaining of a non call which should of been a non call to begin with.

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
It was not a non call offensive PI was called

RoyceTTU
08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
If anything that looks like offensive PI....shipley basically pulling the defender down and the whole time the defender was looking back at the QB.

I disagree. If you watch the 2nd replay from behind, you'll notice the defender is pulling on jaxon's back shoulder with his left hand.

Anyhow, I know we will all disagree on this. We've already argued this before.

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I disagree. If you watch the 2nd replay from behind, you'll notice the defender is pulling on jaxon's back shoulder with his left hand.

Anyhow, I know we will all disagree on this. We've already argued this before.

to me it looks like typical jostling until Ship falls and he starts to bring down the defender then lets go..ship slipped in first break and never got his footing and u can see him going down really before the defender has a chance to engage him

OldNavy
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
to me it looks like typical jostling until Ship falls and he starts to bring down the defender then lets go..ship slipped in first break and never got his footing and u can see him going down really before the defender has a chance to engage him

WHAT? Have you no common sense? The refs beat brownwood.

Old Tiger
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
WHAT? Have you no common sense? The refs beat brownwood.http://zedpop.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/ohoq9.jpg

Tin Cup
08-25-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm still bitter and biased but I think we all agree that at this point in a game, the penalty better be obvious one way or the other to be called. I think the 4th down spot was just as bad a call as this but bottom line is we were never out of the game and still had a chance. Even if the "refs were against us."

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM

I agree! I probably would say this should have been a no call. I certainly didn't see defensive interference. If anything Shipley was pulling the Jersey of the defender as he was falling down.

And there are a ton of teams and people who might have a legit complaint about a blown ref call costing them a game but things like this make it impossible for them to have any credibility at all. This is nonsense!

eagles_victory
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM
You're blaming the ref and that play is your whole dog and pony show. Hmm

Rocket
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I agree. It looked like Shipley lost his footing and never really regained it and became the defender. JMO

Watch the dang play. Watch the defender throw Shipley down by his shoulder pad before the ball is in the area. LOL wow. Are y'all this blind?

bobcat1
08-25-2011, 12:02 PM

Anyhow, I know we will all disagree on this. We've already argued this before.I agree with Royce. If you blow it up and slow it down you can see 3's hand pulling the back of the right sleeve of Shipley's jersey taking him out of the play. It should have either been a non-call or defensive pass interference but the ref did not have my vantage point of the ability to slow it down. 3 used Shipley's momentum to throw him down. Good play by 3 because he got away with it.

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Watch the dang play. Watch the defender throw Shipley down by his shoulder pad before the ball is in the area. LOL wow. Are y'all this blind?

If Shipley is thrown to the ground as easily as you are claiming the defender threw him down then he has no chance at the next level. Of course it looked like the defender had a hold of his sleeve but shipley also had a hold of the defender. There is more contact than this on every single passing play in a game.

Rocket
08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
If Shipley is thrown to the ground as easily as you are claiming the defender threw him down then he has no chance at the next level. Of course it looked like the defender had a hold of his sleeve but shipley also had a hold of the defender. There is more contact than this on every single passing play in a game.

You heard it hear first, folks. It is now legal to grab jersey and pull WR's to the ground before the ball arrives.

The defender clearly pulls and follows through with the pull. It was just enough to trip Shipley up. Either way, it is ILLEGAL.

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
You heard it hear first, folks. It is now legal to grab jersey and pull WR's to the ground before the ball arrives.

The defender clearly pulls and follows through with the pull. It was just enough to trip Shipley up. Either way, it is ILLEGAL.

The only thing that is obvious about that play is that Shipley was stumbling throughout the entire play and BOTH players made contact. Everything else is speculation on your part. Unless you have a better video you really can't tell if Shipley is taken off his feet by the pull on his jersey or if he is simply falling down while the defender has a grip on him. Like I said originally, I would say it should have been a no-call. In any case it was such an insignificant amount of contact it should not have effected the outcome of the play. Shipley will get a ton more contact at the next level than he got on that play.

RoyceTTU
08-25-2011, 02:45 PM
The only thing that is obvious about that play is that Shipley was stumbling throughout the entire play and BOTH players made contact. Everything else is speculation on your part. Unless you have a better video you really can't tell if Shipley is taken off his feet by the pull on his jersey or if he is simply falling down while the defender has a grip on him. Like I said originally, I would say it should have been a no-call. In any case it was such an insignificant amount of contact it should not have effected the outcome of the play. Shipley will get a ton more contact at the next level than he got on that play.

No contact would of been a complete different scenario. We are 2nd and goal on the 4 with 50 sec left. Instead we are 2nd and goal on the 19 with 50 sec left. Just like Shipley said, "Game changing call"

Farmersfan
08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
No contact would of been a complete different scenario. We are 2nd and goal on the 4 with 50 sec left. Instead we are 2nd and goal on the 19 with 50 sec left. Just like Shipley said, "Game changing call"

But wouldn't you say that there is an equal amount of evidence to prove that the defender's foot touched down and it should have been ruled a good interception? that's my only point from the beginning. It certainly appeared to be a bad call but it was equally a bad call against Carthage. If Brownwood scores on the 2nd and 19 and then goes for two and wins the game we are now discussing with Carthage fans how the ref stole that interception from them and gave the game to Brownwood.

After review: if you take it frame by frame it appears that at the 10 second mark from the front view and the 20 second mark of the replay (rear) view that the defender had possession and his right foot was down. Interception! Carthage ball on the 20 with 50 seconds left in the game................

Rocket
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
But wouldn't you say that there is an equal amount of evidence to prove that the defender's foot touched down and it should have been ruled a good interception? that's my only point from the beginning. It certainly appeared to be a bad call but it was equally a bad call against Carthage. If Brownwood scores on the 2nd and 19 and then goes for two and wins the game we are now discussing with Carthage fans how the ref stole that interception from them and gave the game to Brownwood.

After review: if you take it frame by frame it appears that at the 10 second mark from the front view and the 20 second mark of the replay (rear) view that the defender had possession and his right foot was down. Interception! Carthage ball on the 20 with 50 seconds left in the game................

If you want to go on the reviewable film, the pass interference happened first. 2 wrongs don't make a right. The only reason #3 had a chance to catch the ball was because he threw Shipley down. Shipley doesn't lose battles for the ball. He proved that over and over and over and over....

GrTigers6
08-25-2011, 10:07 PM
the definition of Pass interference is,
Defensive pass interference is contact beyond the neutral zone by a team B player whose intent to impede an eligible opponent is obvious and it could prevent the opponent the opportunity of recieving a catchable forward pass.
So with that definition it is clearly defensive pass interference. The contact before is incidental. The pulling of the jersey is the obvious key. Dont know what the line judge saw so I cant comment on what he called but in my opinion it was easily DPI.

garciap77
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM

:eek:

garciap77
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
If anything that looks like offensive PI....shipley basically pulling the defender down and the whole time the defender was looking back at the QB.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view¤t=semifinals004.mp4) I'm actually with Rocket on this one. Looks like the defender grabs him by the shoulder, pulls him down (while looking at the QB) and then shipley starts to lose his balance. He then takes the corner down with him.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not so sure Shipley even pulled him down after watching it a few more times. It looks like the corner just tripped over Shipley once he fell down. Think that's clearly defensive PI.

garciap77
08-26-2011, 04:06 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/lion-1.gif

GO Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!