View Full Version : Caldwell Vs. Bellville

Yoe_09
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Any thoughts on this week 0 match-up?

1. Caldwell
2. Bellville

zebrablue2
08-23-2011, 03:02 PM
The Caldwell program must have really low numbers this yr. They are not fielding a Fr. team. Heard they were fairly small, and lost a bunch to grad. last yr. Bellville has a chance to start the yr. with a W. I will go with the Bulls by 6!!!

hookandladder
08-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I will go with the Bulls also,still feel it will be a good game.

Pudlugger
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Bellville gets the win. Caldwell may be too young this year and Bellville has a lot to prove after a disappointing 2010 season. Bulls by 14.

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Bulls by 13

OldBison75
08-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Caldwell is in a deep rebuilding phase and Bellville is desperate to rebound from a really down year for the Bulls. A win here will do wonders for the Bulls confidence.

Bellville 28
Caldwell 12

venomous tat2
08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I gotta go with the Hornets YOU can't never take caldwell for granted .

The Bull #40
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm hoping for a strong start for the young Brahma team this year. I think the whole town is watching to see what Coach Rowe has in store for the Bellville program. I hope to see the winning tradition of Bellville restored tonight and kept rolling all the way throughout the season and into the playoffs. Good luck to all the players(#72) and coaches. Cant wait for the clock to strike 7:30 at The Pasture of Pain!

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose"

zebrablue2
08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Best of luck to the Bulls tonight! # 72 gonna open up some big lanes for the RB's tonight. Go Brahmas!!!

MJMbrahmas10
08-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I would have to agree with you Bull 40. Welcome to the DL

Any updates on game?

Reds fan
08-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Looks good for Brahmas tonight 42-7 at half.

rancher
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Not the same Brahams as last year. New sheriff in town and has the program headed in right direction. Running game very strong. Running through the Hornet defense like a knife through hot butter. Seem to be scoring at will.

rancher
08-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Bellville 49 Caldwell 14 3rd

rancher
08-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Bellville 56 Caldwell 14 3rd

rancher
08-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Bellville 63 Caldwell 14 early 4th
When will this beatdown end.

rancher
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
This beatdown is finally over
Bellville 63 Caldwell 14

Great way to start. Will see next week if this team is for real.

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Bellville 63 Caldwell 14

:clap: Congrats Bulls! Who do you play next week?

MJMbrahmas10
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow!!! Good game brahmas

Anybody have specifics about the game?

rancher
08-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Bellville plays Lockhart who beat LaGrange 34 to 9. Nunn and Parker ran wild, Bellville was scoring at will. Defense look good, except some break down on special teams. Reese at QB also did a good job of running the offense. Caldwell was lacking in talent. Hopefully the bulls of old are back. Im impressed so far with what I observed and that is hard to admit.

The Bull #40
08-26-2011, 11:15 PM
63-14. The first win for the Brahmas against a feeble Caldwell team. Bellville played exceptionally well on both sides of the ball with the offense lighting up the scoreboard on the first offensive play of the game, a 60 yd TD rush. The offense ran the ball well behind the strong side of the offensive line big #76 and of course #72. Then the bulls showed they could move the ball through the air with a passing TD to the tight end to complement the many rushing TDs. On the defensive side of the ball the hornets could not run on the brahma defense as #48 repeatedly broke through the line and make tackles for losses along with all the other players on the defense swarming to the ball and making good plays in coverage when needed. The one weakness i did see was in the special teams game for the Bulls where Caldwell returned kicks for big yardage including one for a TD. I believe this team has the talent to take this district by storm and clinch a playoff berth with the new attitude the new coach has instilled in his players.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose."

Football DAD
08-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Yes, they did look great on offense. I give the credit to the offensive line. The backs ran hard and followed the holes they were given. The defense did an outstanding job. 4-3 is a better suit for Bellville with the size and quickness they have. That;s what hurt them last here when Foster thought the 3-4 was better. The real test will be Cureo in two weeks. Also #72 had some help on his side with #76 they open some serious holes.

Go BELLVILLE

zebrablue2
08-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas:2thumbsup

trg
08-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Congratulations to the Brahmas. Good job tonight. Keep it rolling.

SHSBulldog00
08-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Bellville 63 Caldwell 14

WOW!!! Glad to see Bellville is back!!!

Coach BS
08-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I really expected caldwell to be this bad. What a difference a year makes.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Wow!!! Good game brahmas

Anybody have specifics about the game?

Bellville totaled 537 yards, with 497 of that coming on the ground. Three backs went over 100 yards, led by De'Brae Parker rushing for a game high of 157 yards. Soph LaKieath Nunn rushed for 109 yards & Cecil Williams went for 115. Parker led the Brahma with 3 TD'S and also added a 2 pt conversion. QB Reese scored on a 3 yard run & completed a 20 yd TD pass to TE Bullard. Bellville held Caldwell to 153 total yards & forced 4 turnovers.

muscatcannelli
08-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Congrats on the win, but it's to early to think bellville is gonna be raw. Caldwell was a terrible team. Wouldve been nice if foster wouldve been gone 2 years ago and this coach was there to take them to playoffs with the '10 and '11 classes instead of just running the program into the ground. I say bellville goes 5-5 and makes a first round playoff birth but it ends there. but We shall see, go bulls

KL3
08-27-2011, 07:26 AM
I thought Fuchs was the QB?

Football DAD
08-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Fuchs has a sprain ankle.

Football DAD
08-27-2011, 08:46 AM
It's a little to early to count out Bellville. Let's see how they do against Cureo.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Congrats on the win, but it's to early to think bellville is gonna be raw. Caldwell was a terrible team. Wouldve been nice if foster wouldve been gone 2 years ago and this coach was there to take them to playoffs with the '10 and '11 classes instead of just running the program into the ground. I say bellville goes 5-5 and makes a first round playoff birth but it ends there. but We shall see, go bulls

Watching the new coaching staff was like a breath of fresh air, didn't take long to see the difference. The number one change has to be the offense, now running a high school level system that gives their opponents many more options to defend. The offensive line is now firing off the ball, so good that sometimes they all appear to be false starting. Bellville appears to have a stable of running backs, have to wonder why these guys weren't given a chance last season? Two seasons ago, I watched our JV QB give our #1 defense fits in their annual scrimmage, yet last season he was moved to defense. He looked very good last night, definitely better than any QB play we had last year. Last season, I watched our FS come up and make so many tackles, glad to see the coach has moved him to strong safety. One of my biggest pet peaves has been our punt return teams not fielding the ball. We would lose 10-15 yards of field position by letting the ball hit the ground. I just read that Coach Rowe noticed that on last year's film & will address that problem. I know it's only one game, but Coach Rowe seems to be a great hire.

Still too early to predict a 5-5 record or playoff berth, but things appear to be headed in the right direction. Bellville dominated Yoakum in their scrimmage & the Bulldogs just defeated Columbus. Bellville had a very competitive scrimmage with Wharton & the Tigers just knocked off Brookshire-Royal. Bellville's next opponent is Lockhart, a team that defeated La Grange team 34-9. Give us a few more games, then maybe we will know a lot more about this Bellville team.

Caldwell_Raider
08-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Congratulations Bellville!

Caldwell wise...... just sad...... I wasn't at the game so I don't know if it was the different offense/ defense they're running now or simply lack of talent this year. I figured they were going to struggle this year, BUT 63-14 isn't acceptable.....

Congratulations again to Bellville... I hope you guys finish the year well and go deep into the playoffs!

Next week should be a fairly good test for you guys!

duckhunter
08-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Who is the DC for the Brahmas this year?.....Word is Caldwell will abandon the spread sooner rather than later

Bull's-eye
08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Who is the DC for the Brahmas this year?.....Word is Caldwell will abandon the spread sooner rather than later

I believe Rowe takes care of the defense, Caldwell did have more success when they went to a power running formation.

Football DAD
08-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Coach Rowe does run the defense.

Red Bull
08-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Great opening win for Bellville. I do feel Caldwell is down this year, but Bellville did what you are supposed to do against a weaker opponent. The new coach and his staff were very impressive tonight and that was very much a breath of fresh air over what we have seen the last two years. Coach Rowe was very much on top of all aspects of the game and the team was well prepared for this first outing.

I think there is reason for optimism in Bellville that things will turn around sooner than later. Good luck the rest of the way Bulls.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Yes, Caldwell may be going through a down year. Their numbers appear to be down, only about 32 kids on the varsity & they didn't field a freshman team. The first thing that stood out was a lack of size on the line. Bellville's O-line did a great job of opening holes & controlling the line of srimmage.

OLE'BULL
08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Very big win for the bulls. They needed the confidence booster early on and hopefully this will not be a flash in the pan team. Congrats Brahmas and Congrats COACH ROWE!!!

Bull's-eye
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Didn't think I'd be saying this, but Bellville will have a good test against Lockhart. Looking at their stats aginst LG, Lockhart held the Leps to 44 yds rushing, while picking up 369 yds on the ground themselves. Maybe Pudlugger can give us a scouting report on this improved Lockhart team. How does their line play look?