PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs. Burnet Week 0 Match Up

buff4ever
08-23-2011, 01:46 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on this matchup. It has been quiet. I know the Buff fans are looking forward to seeing how the buffs play in a whole game under new system. Should be a good game for both teams I think.

My thoughts are that Giddings will come out on top.

Bosqueville
08-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Giddings by 14.

Cam
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, I've not seen Burnet play this season (only practice). But they're not a very big bunch. In saying that, they'll still put up a fight. Case in point as several Burnet players left the bench onto the field after some dirty play on our QB by Vandergrift last week (so I heard). And one thing is for sure, Burnet boys are always one of the better conditioned teams anywhere. The Buffs I'm sure will have some good size. They always do. And the speed will be there at the skill positions. Their QB is sneaky fast. Burnet is going to rely heavily on their big horse RB (Belmarez). But, he may not play due to injury. If I were the coach, I'd sit em and give him time to heal.
Anyway, this game is at home and Burnet is usually pretty tough there. I don't care how small they are. I'll give them the edge by 6 if Belmarez plays. If he doesn't play, Giddings by 12.

LHdog
08-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Giddings will have both a size and speed advantage but the Bulldogs have a chance. Burnet runs the spread offense and therefore must both run and pass successfully to move the ball. They are too small in the OL to blow folks off the line. So to a large extent, how goes the Burnet QB, so goes the offense. If the Burnet QB is on target and the receivers catch the ball, the Bulldogs have a chance. If not, it will be a long night for Burnet.

1st and goal
08-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Giddings players have only been exposed to the new offense for about 6 weeks. They are learning to pass block. We have been passing in both scrimmages with some success. I feel once the offense watches their film and gets a bit more polished on blocking assignments, they'll be there. With our tough preseason schedule, I will consider it a big plus if we enter district with a winning record. Coach may just keep it simple to limit mistakes. Hopefully, they remember to bring their grass shoes. I hope I can make it there.
Buffs 26, Burnet 17
(Buffs miss 2 PAT's)

fanofthegame
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
We have been passing in both scrimmages with some success.

what i heard is in the last scrim.. no scores, and no first downs in the live 2 quarts. that's seccuss????

1st and goal
08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
We have been passing in both scrimmages with some success.

what i heard is in the last scrim.. no scores, and no first downs in the live 2 quarts. that's seccuss????

You can't pass without blocking. Passes were hurried and the QB got sacked. We had dropped passes that should've been caught, passes that were not catchable, and receivers getting tripped and no pass interference called. Yes, Wimberleys D clearly outplayed us. Some upfront blocking giving the QB another 2 seconds will make a world of difference.

hookandladder
08-24-2011, 06:05 AM
You can't pass without blocking. Passes were hurried and the QB got sacked. We had dropped passes that should've been caught, passes that were not catchable, and receivers getting tripped and no pass interference called. Yes, Wimberleys D clearly outplayed us. Some upfront blocking giving the QB another 2 seconds will make a world of difference.

When changing to a spread offense these things will happen at lot til kids learn the offense, it does not happen over night. If Giddings sticks with this type of offense they will experience their ups and down, we have been there for a number of years and I am glad to see our offense go back to a more Pro Style offense. If you are going to run the spread , you still have to be able to run the ball to win championships.

buff4ever
08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I think that the Buffaloes will come out and surprise people with how well they already have a grasp of the new offense. You can't judge a team with new staff and system on two scrimmages, especially when one of the scrimmages is Wimberly. Wimberly is coming off a very good year with a lot of returning starters at key positions and they were getting in to full stride early, unless Cuero brings their "A" game it could be a long night.

The Buffaloe Defense will hold Burnet to 14 or less is my guess.

Renegade
08-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I believe Giddings comes out with a double digit win here. THe game I am waiting for is Giddings vs Royal. Royal has got a 3 game winning streak against them. Not to look ahead though. Hope both Giddings and Royal pulls out their games.

1st and goal
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I have to admit, I expect the Buffs to win, I may be wrong. I just know last year, Burnet played well coached football and I expect this again. I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it to the game or not. Never been to Burnet for a Friday night football game. I know they have a lot of tradition. Will there be BBQ at the game? BBQ might be the deciding factor. It makes the slope intercept hit in the positive Y. Remember, y=mx + bbq
:)

greendawg84
08-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I have to admit, I expect the Buffs to win, I may be wrong. I just know last year, Burnet played well coached football and I expect this again. I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it to the game or not. Never been to Burnet for a Friday night football game. I know they have a lot of tradition. Will there be BBQ at the game? BBQ might be the deciding factor. It makes the slope intercept hit in the positive Y. Remember, y=mx + bbq
:)

Nope , but the will have the famous Bulldog burgers on the grill . Burger , fries , and gatorade for 6.50 , best deal in town. ( man I can already taste one of them)

I will say 24 to 6 Buffs , Dawgs get two field goals only ( we do have a kicker !) without #25 , with him I say 24 to 14 Buffs. O and D looked bad last Friday , and man are we small.

1st and goal
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Nope , but the will have the famous Bulldog burgers on the grill . Burger , fries , and gatorade for 6.50 , best deal in town. ( man I can already taste one of them)

I will say 24 to 6 Buffs , Dawgs get two field goals only ( we do have a kicker !) without #25 , with him I say 24 to 14 Buffs. O and D looked bad last Friday , and man are we small.

I think you're luring us into a false sense of security...

IS THERE ANYBODY OUTTHERE? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

Not even any smacktalk going on....Cumbayaaah

Cam
08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
I think you're luring us into a false sense of security...

IS THERE ANYBODY OUTTHERE? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

Not even any smacktalk going on....Cumbayaaah

Yeah....you're right! There's just too much love goin' on here....I'm not very good at smack talk, or any other type of talk for that matter...maybe it's an age thing.....but I'll give it my best shot and see if I can get anything started...:

Personally, I think Giddings is over-rated. Always have been. Under-achieving for the most part. They're gonna come in to our house and get spanked by an undersized pack of Dawgs! Extinction is just around the corner for the Buffaloes...this game will ruin the rest of their season....the long ride home will be about as lonely as that faded-out buffalo mascot you have on one end of your endzone about 1/4 mile away.....can't even see it it's so far away.....also, have you ever thought of painting it?:stirpot:

buff4ever
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
we going to whoop your arse now:stirpot::)

BLEEDZGREEN
08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Hard for me to talk smack when my son most likely won't play & we will be without #3 Connally also.
Dawgs will need a lot of luck & a bad night from Giddings to pull this one out.

Cam
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
we going to whoop your arse now:stirpot::)

man...that didn't take long......who's next? Greendawg...just spit it out!! I'll treat ya to a couple of beers if you do...what the hell...you and me got no more dawg in this fight and nothin' to lose, so let's ruffle some feathers.....how bout you LHdog??

Oh, and another thing, when Buff players see these new & intimidating "Oregon-style" uni's (green tops/gray pants), games already gonna be over before it starts....:stirpot::1popcorn:

1st and goal
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Well its about time.

We are gonna come take your lunch money, dirty up your pretty new little uniforms, and then go drink a beer with ya.

Just so we can see you crying in it.

Hope your son gets better by district Bleedz.

Tejastrue
08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Okay, well, Giddings stunk in our scrimmage so I don't know what all the hoopla is about there. Burnet by 3 scores. :stirpot: :mad:

BLEEDZGREEN
08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Preciate it 1st & Goal, he'll be back next week he could've played tomorrow but they don't wanna take any chances, I just wished they would've of thought about that last week vs Vandergrift. Anyways he told me Giddings holds a special place in his heart, he scored his very 1st varsity TD last year against y'all, 62yds!! :)

1st and goal
08-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Its suppossed to be really hot, like 102 or 103 at gametime.

When I drove past the Buffs stadium last night at around 6:45pm, it looked like Burnet was ahead 20-13 for the JV game. Couldn't stop, I had cold groceries in the car.

LHPfactory
08-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Its hard to win in Burnet, I think this game will be interesting, will answer questions for both teams.

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I just hope you Burnet dudes can get some better smack going by Week 10. :p

http://youtu.be/JJKQuH2Z69Y

Cam
08-26-2011, 09:50 AM
I just hope you Burnet dudes can get some better smack going by Week 10. :p

http://youtu.be/JJKQuH2Z69Y

Week 10?? Oh yeah....the LH game....man, when are you guys going to get a new stadium with more seats! Last time I sat on them bleachers I had termites and wood ants crawlin' up my ass.....or was that at the Taylor game?...hmmmm....

whoa...those are the smoothest pair of hands I've ever seen...I'll bet he plays with himself.....alot!......:eek:

gtownfan
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Its suppossed to be really hot, like 102 or 103 at gametime.

When I drove past the Buffs stadium last night at around 6:45pm, it looked like Burnet was ahead 20-13 for the JV game. Couldn't stop, I had cold groceries in the car.

That was the freshman game, buffs lost 20-13. JV won 52-6 (yes, a field goal and 7 extra points, very impressive kicker)

LHdog
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
It's hard to talk smack about this game. Just too many question marks. I watched the Vandegrift scrimmage and it was pretty ugly for the Bulldogs and I heard that Wimberley beat up the Buffs in their scrimmage so I just don't know. Without #25 Burnet will struggle in the running game and without a run game, the passing will be tough. I say Giddings 28 - Burnet 13.

buff4ever
08-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Not getting defensive here, but a new coach and system and just running through plays for timing in new system, not trying to win a game, trying to figure out things at full speed in new system against a #3 team in the state, we didn't line up with Wimberly as badly as you would think by reading on here. Wimberly is good by the way, prolly top 5 good for sure.

I say unless Burnet is top 10 good, that the buffs will take care of business tonight and win by 2 scores.

greendawg84
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Well Mr Cam , ifin both teams are as bad as they played last week I will go with a tie 0 - 0 with the Dawgs winning on penetrations. Now about that there beer ......

I will see you guys at the game I am outta here .

And yes I will drink one or two just for you Cam man !

LIONS#1
08-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I hear Buffaloes are bigger...faster...and stronger than Bulldogs!!

Buff's by 14!!

1st and goal
08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
That was the freshman game, buffs lost 20-13. JV won 52-6 (yes, a field goal and 7 extra points, very impressive kicker)

Thanks for correcting me, just driving by I couldn't tell who was playing. I watched the JV scrimmages and they are going to be a force to contend with when they get to varsity. Lotta weapons, a whole lotta weapons...

I am going to head that way in about an hour.

Everyone drive safe and tell your mama I axed how she durrin. :)

BLEEDZGREEN
08-26-2011, 08:05 PM
14-8 Giddings end of the 1st qtr. Burnet on Giddings 15.

gameface
08-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Update score at half?

BLEEDZGREEN
08-26-2011, 08:48 PM
21-11 Giddings half time.

BLEEDZGREEN
08-26-2011, 09:44 PM
35-19 Giddings leading with 10:02 left in the 4th.

1st and goal
08-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Enjoyed it, you guys were gracious hosts. I saw a very clean game. Players from each side giving opponents a hand up. Had me a hamburger, pretty good, meat could have been a bit better but the fries were great.

#28 Joseph Glenn had a great night, he has special talents on loan from God.

35-19 Buffs final score

BLEEDZGREEN
08-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Enjoyed it, you guys were gracious hosts. I saw a very clean game. Players from each side giving opponents a hand up. Had me a hamburger, pretty good, meat could have been a bit better but the fries were great.

#28 Joseph Glenn had a great night, he has special talents on loan from God.

35-19 Buffs final score
Well I'm glad you enjoyed the burger & fries, I usually get one every time I go.
Burnet missed to many tackles last night and #28 had a field day! Burnet's QB play has to get better or this season is going to be a long one..
Great game Joseph Glenn and congrats to the Buffs!:clap:

Caldwell_Raider
08-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Congrats Giddings!

Glenn defiantly looks like a beast....

Hopefully he and the rest of Giddings' team doesn't torch Caldwell to to bad this year! lol

Buff42
08-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Giddings players have only been exposed to the new offense for about 6 weeks. They are learning to pass block. We have been passing in both scrimmages with some success. I feel once the offense watches their film and gets a bit more polished on blocking assignments, they'll be there. With our tough preseason schedule, I will consider it a big plus if we enter district with a winning record. Coach may just keep it simple to limit mistakes. Hopefully, they remember to bring their grass shoes. I hope I can make it there.
Buffs 26, Burnet 17
(Buffs miss 2 PAT's)

Why would you single out the kicker????????

Buff42
08-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Okay, well, Giddings stunk in our scrimmage so I don't know what all the hoopla is about there. Burnet by 3 scores. :stirpot: :mad:

Bwahahaha...........whatever

LHdog
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
It looks like we're going to have to rethink the preseason playoff contenders for 25-3a. Either Giddings is a serious playoff threat or Burnet has one of its weakest teams in years and Liberty Hill gets thumped by Learnder Rouse. Right now the playoff teams look like Lampasas, Salado, and Llano.

1st and goal
08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
It looks like we're going to have to rethink the preseason playoff contenders for 25-3a. Either Giddings is a serious playoff threat or Burnet has one of its weakest teams in years and Liberty Hill gets thumped by Learnder Rouse. Right now the playoff teams look like Lampasas, Salado, and Llano.

If Giddings can stay healthy, we will be in the playoffs. We made plenty of mistakes, but there were enough shiny spots to overcome the snafoos. Score could've been a bit more lopsided if we had been hitting on all cylinders. Burnet had some shiny spots. They hustled and played tough and caused us to make mistakes. Their defensive line is quick and had good penetration but I would say our blocking schemes worked really good for many of our running plays breaking to the outside.

I wasn't picking on the kicker, it takes a unit to get off a successful PAT. I saw 1 special teams punt snap go over the punter's head, and I saw a place kicking attempt get snapped low skidding on the grass back to the holder. BUT, I will say the kicker impressed me. Is he kin to the previous Rangel that kicked so well?

Tejastrue
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Bwahahaha...........whatever

If you read the posts before mine you'll see that this was done for fun including my prediction. Nobody played along so my posts ended there. Congrats to Giddings on the win.