PDA

View Full Version : La Grange- Lockhart

hookandladder
08-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Who you got, who comes out on top.

fanofthegame
08-22-2011, 08:45 AM
i am going w/ you lagrange...you will only get better as the year goes on. why some people didn't give you props at the start of picking season, i don't know. you are my pick for a playoff spot in this district. and what i saw at last wks scrimm., you are sooo young on the line, lots of good years ahead of you. my pics for the district are, lagrange, navasota and ????????. who gets the 3rd spot, i dont know. what i hear from friends in caldwell is that the team is trying and wanting to win, what i hear from giddings is the team is not trying and thinking that everyone should just lay down for them......have friends in rockdale and boys are wanting to win, but are just lost w/out brooks and smithville, dont have many contacts there. but back to my main point, i like lagrange and lets see ya have a great season.

buff4ever
08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Don't know anything about Lockhart, but I have heard that LG is struggling. Not looking too good yet.

hookandladder
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Don't know anything about Lockhart, but I have heard that LG is struggling. Not looking too good yet.

You are definitely hearing things that are new to me , I think our defense is definitely ahead of our offense but that is common early in the season and with a new offense it will get better each week. In our last scrimmage with Cuero , coaches did open our playbook up a little bit more but still did not want to show Lockhart much. We definitely have a lot to improve on however with are size and youth , they will get better as the season progresses. From what our coaches have said , Lockhart is a much improved team from last year that I am pretty sure is running slot T.

LHdog
08-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I agree that the La Grange defense if ahead of the offense. I don't get the offensive switch from the spread. With the size of the OL and a good passing QB, it looks like a waste of talent to just pound the ball.

mrgreenblood
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM

Lockhart has a little better than average size and athletic ability. Not too flashy, but played very physical against Cuero in their first scrimmage. Watch out for the RB! He has a good combo of power and speed topped off with excellent hands. Stop him and L. G. wins.

zebrablue2
08-22-2011, 10:18 PM

coach K will have the leps clicking! they will earn a playoff spot this season. i will bet on it!!!

hookandladder
08-23-2011, 06:14 AM
I agree that the La Grange defense if ahead of the offense. I don't get the offensive switch from the spread. With the size of the OL and a good passing QB, it looks like a waste of talent to just pound the ball.

The offense is based under center geared to run however we have the athlete's on the field that can jump into the spread with 4 wideouts and throw the ball, the offense will try to take whatever the defense is willing to give up weather it's the run or pass. Most teams that win a championship have the ability to run the ball weather it is under center or out of the spread. The offense will get better and better each week.