PDA

View Full Version : SWEETWATER

VWG
01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
The Mustangs had an excellent freshman football team this past year. A lot of talent.... so my question is how many sophomore starters can we see on the Sweetwater varsity next year?

wildstangs
01-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I have heard 4 or 5. I cant wait to see what our QB deal is. Kendall Carillo came up late in the year and was really impressive. He will be a junior this year. Jeremy Thompson was the starter after Bishop got hurt, and I believe he was the Distict MVP. He will be a senior. I think if we can replace some of our defensive standouts we will be one of the top teams in the West.

wildstangs
01-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I dont know much about all the freshman, but I have heard tons about their class. Supposedly they also have a great QB, I believe his name is Cunnings?

VWG
01-21-2004, 12:05 AM
In 3A football, if you have two great athletes battling it out for one position, you know whoever wins the other guy can be used somewhere else. Especially such a good athletic position such as QB. Usually you can use a 2nd string QB to go at RB, WR, or on defense as a starter in the secondary.

mustang04
01-21-2004, 08:41 PM
well..here's what i tell everybody...when the freshmen are all up on varsity...we'll look like an east texas team haha, but we'll play west texas(tougher) football! they are a really fast and powerful bunch of kids, they were cool to hang out w/ to on the playoff trips as well, kendal i think should be the startin QB, and move jeremy to WR, to me kendal has a better QB mentality