PDA

View Full Version : Update on Stump Godfrey

Buckeye1980
08-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I have just recieved information from a reliable source that Stump Godfrey , QB for the 2009 state champion Gilmer Buckeyes, is on a plane at this moment to Hawaii and will be transferring to the University of Hawaii. That is all the information I have and I really hope this source is reliable. If I did not beleive it to be tru, I would not be posting .

MGAR
08-20-2011, 01:53 PM
He would have to sit out for a while wouldn't he?

That's almost as big as Lache Seastrunk wanting to transfer from Oregon to Baylor.

poisoned10
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
How is he able to enroll there when it was on the list of teams he couldn't sign with when granted his release from Mew Mexico?

MGAR
08-20-2011, 03:32 PM
How is he able to enroll there when it was on the list of teams he couldn't sign with when granted his release from Mew Mexico?

Maybe the Rainbows are heading to the SEC and it has been tight lip'd?

Roughneck93
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
He would have to sit out for a while wouldn't he?That's almost as big as Lache Seastrunk wanting to transfer from Oregon to Baylor.Looks like it might be a done deal. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/its-official-seastrunk-given-release-from-oregon/

Buckeye1980
08-20-2011, 06:36 PM

My understanding os the NCAA ruled that New Mexico could not make that stipulation

Roughneck93
08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
My understanding os the NCAA ruled that New Mexico could not make that stipulationI hope he is successful at Hawaii. I clearly thought he was the best QB at New Mexico. Any idea what happened?

ol country boy
08-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Good luck to the young man

NastySlot
08-21-2011, 12:31 PM

was his release for immediate play? I wouldn't think his release wouldn't allow him to enroll in a school he wanted to go...that doesn't seem right....idk.

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2011, 01:36 PM
My understanding os the NCAA ruled that New Mexico could not make that stipulation

Not sure why the NCAA would rule that way..They will be conference opponents and that is very normal to add the stipulations that u cant transfer to a conference opponent

buckeyebob
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope he is successful at Hawaii. I clearly thought he was the best QB at New Mexico. Any idea what happened?

New coach moves from Florida & QB with him...OC tells Stump that he will be 3rd or 4th in line...Old Coach that recruited Stump goes to Hawaii...I am not happy...we had a road trip planned to Little Rock for NM vs Ark. and watch Stump...my wife said that I have to take her to Hawaii...I ask you, what am I to do with my buddies?

buckeyebob
08-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Yep, he has a new home:

http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs.com/2011/08/22/back-to-school-2/

Best of luck to Stump...look forward to hearing about him.

PS dont forget FX-TV on Saturday...Tulsa plays and Kinney, another Gilmer Alum will be hammering away.

waterboy
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I hope G.J. Kinne has a great year, and I hope Stump gets to start next year! I'll certainly be watching G.J. every time Tulsa is on TV.

Aesculus gilmus
08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Tulsa and OU don't play until a week from Saturday. I hope Kinne can make it competitive. Sometimes OU stumbles in an early season game, but it's in Norman, so odds are it'll be a Sooner blowout.

buckeyebob
08-25-2011, 05:33 AM
I hope G.J. Kinne has a great year, and I hope Stump gets to start next year! I'll certainly be watching G.J. every time Tulsa is on TV.

it is my understanding that the Tulsa game will be broadcast on FX-TV on the 3rd