PDA

View Full Version : Burnet - Vandegrift Scrimmage

LHdog
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Burnet looked pretty ragged against the Vipers. I was impressed by the Vandegrift QB who also played safety. His running and passing is the key to that team. I realize that Vandegrift is a 4a team but the Bulldogs got pushed around pretty easily as they have no size in both the OL and DL. The Burnet QB's were a little off and threw too many picks. Just don't know about Burnet. They look like a .500 team to me at this point.

BLEEDZGREEN
08-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah the O-line definitely still needs some work but we were small last year and we did ok. I'm more worried that the line hasn't gelled just yet. We also have a lot of key players out with some minor injuries. Non district play should help us work out the kinks, barring any major injuries Burnet will still make the playoffs.

hookandladder
08-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Burnet looked pretty ragged against the Vipers. I was impressed by the Vandegrift QB who also played safety. His running and passing is the key to that team. I realize that Vandegrift is a 4a team but the Bulldogs got pushed around pretty easily as they have no size in both the OL and DL. The Burnet QB's were a little off and threw too many picks. Just don't know about Burnet. They look like a .500 team to me at this point.

Who is playing QB for Burnet, I am pretty sure one of our Ex.Coaches went their a couple of years ago and they were trying to make his son a QB. Just curious if that ever worked out, he seemed more like an OL type of player. Good kid.

greendawg84
08-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Who is playing QB for Burnet, I am pretty sure one of our Ex.Coaches went their a couple of years ago and they were trying to make his son a QB. Just curious if that ever worked out, he seemed more like an OL type of player. Good kid.

Weston Cozby is the QB, ( probably the biggest kid on the team ) OL , DL is way small, they were getting blown 5 yards deep every snap. Secondary is even smaller , Viper guys just stiff armed #6 straight into the ground , they will struggle if they play anyone that has tall receivers. They look like 3rd in District to me behind LH and Lampasas/Taylor.

Go Dawgs

Cam
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
yeah, could be rough if they don't stay healthy. But Burnet has Coach Jones (defensive coordinator) and I think he is one of the best coaches around. That's why Shipley tried to lure him away to BW.....Coach Jones will find a way to maximize what he's got to work with and hold opponents to low scoring affairs giving the Dawgs a chance to win. BLEEDZ, you gotta get your boy healthy man!!

LHdog
08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Actually, I thought the Soph QB Kiser looked the most promising. But I know the senior QB has to get his shot. I Just hope Coach Walker has a short lease. I agree that Coach Jones is excellent and he could do wonders if he had a little more material to work with.

BLEEDZGREEN
08-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Morgan Mchazlett he is a LB/OL smart player and a hard hitter!

BLEEDZGREEN
08-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Your right Cam, Burnet's coaches will have the Dawgs ready to go come game time.
In the controlled half of the scrimmage the Dawgs did look ragged but the score was 3-2 Vandergrift & I know there were a few picks. In the live half they played a lil better and the score was 7-3. The Dawgs small defense still kept Vandergrift in check for the most part minus that long run by the QB. If Burnet can stay healthy I just don't see 3rd place, this year will come down to LH & Burnet for the District crown again.

hookandladder
08-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Morgan Mchazlett he is a LB/OL smart player and a hard hitter!

He does play hard, LB/OL is where most all thought he shoud be playing. Glad to see him getting his chance, he will be an asset for the dogs. Sometimes it takes a while for some to fiquire things out, Good Luck to him and the Dogs.