PDA

View Full Version : District 30-3a

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Now with the scrimmages out of the way, season kicks off with some teams looking strong as expected.

Sinton looked great against Ray with mostly a passing attack in their first scrimmage, did well against Refugio with mostly running the ball more in their first couple of series. Seem they worked on passing the first scrimmage and running the second scrimmage. Sinton defense was great against Ray and played very good against Refugio forcing couple of turnovers with a int and fumble but gave up some big plays to Refugio standout wideout late in the scrimmage.

Rockport Fulton 1st scrimmage in 20 mins of live game they finished tied with Victoria East 1 td each. VE scored a few times in the non live part. RF 2nd scrimmage was against Calallen, no details yet but seems they might had a good scrimmage against Calallen.

Mathis 1st scrimmage was a tri scimmage and they went 5 to 1 vs West Oso and 5 to 1 against John Paul II with Washington scoring from 70 yds on one of the Pirates tds. 2nd Scrimmage was against Banquete and the control scrimmage was Banquete 2 Mathis 0 and live game action Banquete 1 Mathis 0.

Aransas Pass 1st scrimmage was against Refugio and read in 2a site Refugio 6 tds to 0. AP newspaper had AP running back breaking one for a td. 2nd scrimmage no report yet on them yet.

Goliad 1st scrimmage was a tri-scrimmage against St. Jospeh and Industrial. There was only 1 td in this scrimmage and it was Industrial scoring against Goliad. Goliad vs St. Joseph 0-0 against Industrial, Goliad 0 Industrial 1. 2nd scimmage no report yet.

Ingleside 1st scrimmage was against Laredo Martin, Mustangs 5-0 in control scrimmage and 1-0 live game action. 2nd scrimmage was against Taft and MustangFootball reported it was 5 or 6 tds to 0.

Just going by the scrimmages, could be 3 pretty good teams like last year but this time throw in Rockport instead of Mathis.

99IHSMustang
08-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't count Mathis out just yet. Rockport and Mathis have gone through head coach changes and that plays a big factor for both.

Ranger354
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Sintons running game looked good but the passing game was nonexistent in the Refugio scrimmage. The OL never gave the QB time to throw the ball. I think the freshman QB may be a better passer and Shedd a better runner. One way or the other they will be fine.

Phil C
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Now with the scrimmages out of the way, season kicks off with some teams looking strong as expected.

Sinton looked great against Ray with mostly a passing attack in their first scrimmage, did well against Refugio with mostly running the ball more in their first couple of series. Seem they worked on passing the first scrimmage and running the second scrimmage. Sinton defense was great against Ray and played very good against Refugio forcing couple of turnovers with a int and fumble but gave up some big plays to Refugio standout wideout late in the scrimmage.

Rockport Fulton 1st scrimmage in 20 mins of live game they finished tied with Victoria East 1 td each. VE scored a few times in the non live part. RF 2nd scrimmage was against Calallen, no details yet but seems they might had a good scrimmage against Calallen.

Mathis 1st scrimmage was a tri scimmage and they went 5 to 1 vs West Oso and 5 to 1 against John Paul II with Washington scoring from 70 yds on one of the Pirates tds. 2nd Scrimmage was against Banquete and the control scrimmage was Banquete 2 Mathis 0 and live game action Banquete 1 Mathis 0.

Aransas Pass 1st scrimmage was against Refugio and read in 2a site Refugio 6 tds to 0. AP newspaper had AP running back breaking one for a td. 2nd scrimmage no report yet on them yet.

Goliad 1st scrimmage was a tri-scrimmage against St. Jospeh and Industrial. There was only 1 td in this scrimmage and it was Industrial scoring against Goliad. Goliad vs St. Joseph 0-0 against Industrial, Goliad 0 Industrial 1. 2nd scimmage no report yet.

Ingleside 1st scrimmage was against Laredo Martin, Mustangs 5-0 in control scrimmage and 1-0 live game action. 2nd scrimmage was against Taft and MustangFootball reported it was 5 or 6 tds to 0.

Just going by the scrimmages, could be 3 pretty good teams like last year but this time throw in Rockport instead of Mathis.

I hope all the teams got through the scrimages not only in our district but everywhere without any bad injuries. Unfortunately they do happen but you especially hate to have one happen in a scrimmage.

MustangFootball
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM

I agree with you SFiA its gonna be a dog fight against Sinton, Rockport and Ingleside for the district title.....football is right around the corner, let's go 30-3A!!!

ol country boy
08-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Rockport is going to be tough. I think Mathis is out of the picture.

Blastoderm55
08-21-2011, 10:46 AM
The Caller Times preview confirmed what I had been hearing, and that is Levi Mair did not return for Mathis. That's two players gone, because he figured prominently at running back and at linebacker. Huge loss for Mathis. This definitely takes them down in the pecking order.

99IHSMustang
08-21-2011, 10:49 AM
The Caller Times preview confirmed what I had been hearing, and that is Levi Mair did not return for Mathis. That's two players gone, because he figured prominently at running back and at linebacker. Huge loss for Mathis. This definitely takes them down in the pecking order.

Where or who is he playing ball for now?

Blastoderm55
08-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Rumors were that he was to follow Kilby to Lockhart. I've seen nothing to back up the claims though. I was hoping he'd end up here in Beeville. :D

99IHSMustang
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Rumors were that he was to follow Kilby to Lockhart. I've seen nothing to back up the claims though. I was hoping he'd end up here in Beeville. :D

Is Lockhart 2A?

Blastoderm55
08-21-2011, 11:20 AM
They're 4A. Its where Beeville's current coach was previously. Seems they replace their coach every two years.

Johnny Utah
08-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Beeville needs him. Trojans need something.

MustangFootball
08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
yeah that's what i hear also I've read it on a couple of sites plus when kris tv channel 6 did their special they reported Levi Miar was in Lockhart as well...... Mathis is sure taking a big hit with the loss of Miar, plus it wouldn't be fair if Beeville ended up with him don't yall already have a monster DE like 6-4 .....lol

Blastoderm55
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
yeah that's what i hear also I've read it on a couple of sites plus when kris tv channel 6 did their special they reported Levi Miar was in Lockhart as well...... Mathis is sure taking a big hit with the loss of Miar, plus it wouldn't be fair if Beeville ended up with him don't yall already have a monster DE like 6-4 .....lol

Beeville is due a recruit. All the best players from here end up in Refugio. :confused:

pirate4state
08-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Rockport is going to be tough. I think Mathis is out of the picture.

I agree.

I figured most everyone knew about Levi being gone from Mathis? There were all sorts of rumors about him and where he would land, but it was a pretty far gone conclusion that it wouldn't be back in Mathis.

I'm ready for a real game and it sucks we have to wait another week, because I can't wait to see how our kids do once they are unleashed. :)

SintonFan
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Last night was fun at Meet the Pirates Night. Football team looks pretty good. Goodness the volleyball team is tall!:eek:

pirate4state
08-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Last night was fun at Meet the Pirates Night. Football team looks pretty good. Goodness the volleyball team is tall!:eek: When they are "on" they are fun to watch. They play at home tonight against Flour Buff.

SintonFan
08-23-2011, 11:56 AM
When they are "on" they are fun to watch. They play at home tonight against Flour Buff.

Go Lady Pirates!!!