PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside - Taft Scrimmage

99IHSMustang
08-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Wondering how the Mustangs look tonight against Taft. From what I read about Ingleside against 5A Laredo Martin the coach thought that they did very well both defensively and offensivley. Good sign for the Mustangs to get off on a good start even though it is just a scrimmage and this is the time to be making mistakes and getting the second stringers to playing time to see what they can do to.

MustangFootball
08-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Wondering how the Mustangs look tonight against Taft. From what I read about Ingleside against 5A Laredo Martin the coach thought that they did very well both defensively and offensivley. Good sign for the Mustangs to get off on a good start even though it is just a scrimmage and this is the time to be making mistakes and getting the second stringers to playing time to see what they can do to.
the Ingleside and Taft scrimmage was last night it was moved so Taft could scout a team they were playing from hat i heard, anyways Ingleside looked solid once again on both sides of the ball...i believe Ingleside scored atleast 5 or 6 times and held taft to 0 points....that's 2 weeks in a row Ingleside scored at will while holding their opponent score less.....Ingleside's sophmore QB looked solid throwing 3 tds and junior RB Marquis Barrolle looked awesome with 2 tds.the defense looked good with atleast 2 take aways and gang tackling....the did have 3 freshman playing 2 with the second string and 1 with the first string....all 3 Line-backers.

99IHSMustang
08-20-2011, 09:16 AM
the Ingleside and Taft scrimmage was last night it was moved so Taft could scout a team they were playing from hat i heard, anyways Ingleside looked solid once again on both sides of the ball...i believe Ingleside scored atleast 5 or 6 times and held taft to 0 points....that's 2 weeks in a row Ingleside scored at will while holding their opponent score less.....Ingleside's sophmore QB looked solid throwing 3 tds and junior RB Marquis Barrolle looked awesome with 2 tds.the defense looked good with atleast 2 take aways and gang tackling....the did have 3 freshman playing 2 with the second string and 1 with the first string....all 3 Line-backers.

Sounds like Ingleside is going to be a force to reckon with this year. Granted these are just scrimmages, playing as well as they are offensively and defensively is a very good sign that the Mustangs are ready to go for Week 1. I am not sure how many games I may be able to go see, but I hope someone may be able to do Qtr to Qtr updates this year. Our district is shaping up to be a good one.

Johnny Utah
08-20-2011, 11:53 AM
A traditional power and a traditional force. Good luck to the Stangs as they look to beat West Columbia in the first round after their district title.

99IHSMustang
08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Many might argue 7 consecutive playoff appearances would hardly categorize a team as being a traditional power or force, but I would say the Mustangs have been playing ball much better in the last decade. Like many other teams in our district, Ingleside has had the talent it just took the right coaching staff and program to get things rolling. I like our chances this year of representing D30 and the Region IV in the playoffs.

MustangFootball
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
A traditional power and a traditional force. Good luck to the Stangs as they look to beat West Columbia in the first round after their district title.
Ingleside won't even see West Columbia in the playoffs, West Columbia will play Sinton or Rockport as they will go big school....that will be a good thing though as West Columbia is one of the top teams in region 4.

MustangFootball
08-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Many might argue 7 consecutive playoff appearances would hardly categorize a team as being a traditional power or force, but I would say the Mustangs have been playing ball much better in the last decade. Like many other teams in our district, Ingleside has had the talent it just took the right coaching staff and program to get things rolling. I like our chances this year of representing D30 and the Region IV in the playoffs.

I agree 7 consecutive playoff appearances does not constitute tradition but Ingleside has 21 all time playoff appearances which is not that bad...plus have played in 2 state championship games in the 60's so to say we don't have tradition is not a fair statement...to that I say "We're Back" lol:D

ol country boy
08-21-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't think the Mustangs will be really tested until they play Beeville. The two teams they scrimmaged were weak and their first two opponents this year are weak as well.

99IHSMustang
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't think the Mustangs will be really tested until they play Beeville. The two teams they scrimmaged were weak and their first two opponents this year are weak as well.

It would have been interesting to see how the Mustangs fared against GP had they played.

Johnny Utah
08-21-2011, 12:59 PM
:) Beeville is down. Ingleside vs. the Real Pirates for the district title. Pirates bounce back against Hondo. Refugio is legit and may go all the way.

MustangFootball
08-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I agree with you Ingleside wasn't test in their first 2 scrimmages we usually play GP every year but they dropped us this year, so we picked up Laredo Martin....I wouldn't say our first two opponents are weak TM is expected to make the playoffs in some polls even Zapata a team that beat us last-year is no gimme game considering the size of team. you say we won't be tested till we play Beeville, well Beeville is expected to sneak into the playoffs in some polls and not expected to make it in others....I think TM and Beeville will be better teams than they were last season.

jp744
08-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah but you will see Sweeny who I think is better than Columbia.

MustangFootball
08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah but you will see Sweeny who I think is better than Columbia.

If Sweeny is as good as you say they will be, we will more than likely see Needville if we win the district....the top team in district 30 DII will see the bottom team in district 29 DII.

either way Ingleside will be ready for who ever they will be facing come playoff time.:thumbsup:

ol country boy
08-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I agree with you Ingleside wasn't test in their first 2 scrimmages we usually play GP every year but they dropped us this year, so we picked up Laredo Martin....I wouldn't say our first two opponents are weak TM is expected to make the playoffs in some polls even Zapata a team that beat us last-year is no gimme game considering the size of team. you say we won't be tested till we play Beeville, well Beeville is expected to sneak into the playoffs in some polls and not expected to make it in others....I think TM and Beeville will be better teams than they were last season.

TM is horrible. I do not know how to say it any other way. Beeville is going to be the first test for the Mustangs.

MustangFootball
08-22-2011, 07:42 PM
TM is horrible. I do not know how to say it any other way. Beeville is going to be the first test for the Mustangs.

you're probly right i think Beeville will be better than most people think this year....some polls don't have them making the playoffs in district 30-4A, It wouldn't suprise me one bit to see them in the 3rd spot behind PLC and Victoria East.....I still think TM will be better than Kingsville,Moody, and Ray....which will get them into the playoffs.

ol country boy
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
.....I still think TM will be better than Kingsville,Moody, and Ray....which will get them into the playoffs.

i see what you are saying but that is like saying Obama is better than Hilary & Bill Clinton, Randall Terry, Al Gore....they all stink