PDA

View Full Version : question of loyalty...

trojandad
08-19-2011, 03:51 PM
if a team from your district goes to the state championship game, and the opposing team asks for your game tape with your district opponent that year, do you give it over or stay loyal to your district buddy playing for the whole ball of wax....??

coachc45
08-19-2011, 03:58 PM
if a team from your district goes to the state championship game, and the opposing team asks for your game tape with your district opponent that year, do you give it over or stay loyal to your district buddy playing for the whole ball of wax....??

Depends on how big a "RICHARD" he is!!!

eagles_victory
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Really tough question. Isn't it standard to give the tape though. I don't know I would probably follow the unwritten coaches code (not sure really what it is). Personally I would want to show loyalty to the district foe unless they were like Houston Yates in basketball a few years back and completely embarrassed the district just because they could.

Txbroadcaster
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it also depends on the relationship of the coaches

If two coaches are truly real good friends coached together in past and so on I would not see a problem with one helping the other by providing tape

Phil C
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Only if both sides have the same access. An unfair advantage would be unethical.

trojandad
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
just found out that a coach in our district handed over their tape to carthage....i can understand, say, coach barbays brother down in anahuac needing a tape, or vice versa, or like txb said, coaches with a background together, but this coach admitted it in a booster meeting this year....i just personally had a thought that district foes became buddies and supporters at playoff time....you root for the guys you played against.....i dont know....

Roughneck93
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I think it also depends on the relationship of the coachesIf two coaches are truly real good friends coached together in past and so on I would not see a problem with one helping the other by providing tapeI tend to agree with more with this.

NastySlot
08-19-2011, 05:39 PM
if you really want to be fair...than ask to trade the entire seasons but you know you'd like to see opponents offenses v. defenses simular to yours and vice a versa......and typically most ask for recent tapes.

I think tapes is pushing it.....but I done info...when asked about kids etc.