3)Wimberly
4)Argyle
5)Carthage
6)Coldsping-Oakhurst
7)Celina
8)Gilmer
9) West Orange-Stark
10)Snyder
Receiving Votes: West Columbia, Alvarado, Brownwood (everyone Boooo), Lucas Lovejoy, Monahans, Athens, Lindale, Kennedale, & Graham

Congratulations to all!

trojandad
08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Once again, AP Top 10 dominated by East Texas Speed

1)Tyler Chapel Hill
2)Henderson
3)Wimberly
4)Argyle
5)Carthage
6)Coldsping-Oakhurst
7)Celina
8)Gilmer
9) West Orange-Stark
10)Snyder
Receiving Votes: West Columbia, Alvarado, Brownwood (everyone Boooo), Lucas Lovejoy, Monahans, Athens, Lindale, Kennedale, & Graham

Congratulations to all!

finally NOW somebody considers us east texas.....i had no idea we werent until i got on this board....lol

MGAR
08-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Three things about the AP poll that jumped out at me when I saw it..

1. Why do the state wide media refer to John Tyler as just Tyler? Why not Tyler John Tyler or John Tyler.

2. How is Crockett not a top 10 team? IMO Crockett could blow some of those top ten teams out of the water.

3. The total amount of East Texas teams in the 3A and 2A... Pretty much half.

trojandad
08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Three things about the AP poll that jumped out at me when I saw it..

1. Why do the state wide media refer to John Tyler as just Tyler? Why not Tyler John Tyler or John Tyler.

2. How is Crockett not a top 10 team? IMO Crockett could blow some of those top ten teams out of the water.

3. The total amount of East Texas teams in the 3A and 2A... Pretty much half.

amen to crockett...they played us to a 2 pt game last year at our place, we have to go to theirs this year, they could very well tag us with our first loss this year....many on here last year said we had a bad team because crockett played us so close and they were 2a...they were better than many knew...

MGAR
08-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh and another thing that jumps out at me... Lake Travis not receiving a single first place vote.. I mean, they may be down some but still... Four in a row deserves something. right?

poisoned10
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh and another thing that jumps out at me... Lake Travis not receiving a single first place vote.. I mean, they may be down some but still... Four in a row deserves something. right?

They got rings, didn't they?

Rocket
08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh please... East Texas Crap again? They beat Brownwood by 3 yards? what a crock of crap.

poisoned10
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh please... East Texas Crap again? They beat Brownwood by 3 yards? what a crock of crap.

And how many points?

buckeyebob
08-19-2011, 03:17 PM

You are so right...B-wood must wear the "L" ...Sorry...maybe '12 will be kinder

hollywood
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Let's see how many are still there after the first 6 weeks.

buckeyebob
08-19-2011, 03:24 PM
finally NOW somebody considers us east texas.....i had no idea we werent until i got on this board....lol

Of couse you are East Texas, and Speedy. This past year, the semi-final teams were all from East Texas.

PS: Brownwood is not East Texas.

cowboyandchrist
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
amen to crockett...they played us to a 2 pt game last year at our place, we have to go to theirs this year, they could very well tag us with our first loss this year....many on here last year said we had a bad team because crockett played us so close and they were 2a...they were better than many knew...
Tatum beat them 49 to 7 in the playoffs is why they are not any higher. They will still have trouble beating teams like Tatum, New Boston, and Daingerfield.

cowboyandchrist
08-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Rocket you must remember how the Lions beat down everybody they played and I kept telling you it would all come to an end when you played a team from the East. Well must I remind you Carthage rushed for over 300 yards on the mighty Lions and your Lions scored how many points on the Carthage D. oh and what was the final score and who are the state champs. The speed from the East has how many state championships in the last ten years. Nothing will change this year Rocket. Good luck to the Lions.

bwdlionfan
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Rocket you must remember how the Lions beat down everybody they played and I kept telling you it would all come to an end when you played a team from the East. Well must I remind you Carthage rushed for over 300 yards on the mighty Lions and your Lions scored how many points on the Carthage D. oh and what was the final score and who are the state champs. The speed from the East has how many state championships in the last ten years. Nothing will change this year Rocket. Good luck to the Lions.

Carthage rushed for 300 yards because their front 5 were a lot bigger and stronger than our defensive front. As far as speed goes, we were pretty even.

East Texas has 60% of the top 10 because they probably have close to 60% of the teams in 3A. Regions 2, 3, and 4 are predominantly east Texas.

Txbroadcaster
08-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Carthage rushed for 300 yards because their front 5 were a lot bigger and stronger than our defensive front. As far as speed goes, we were pretty even.

East Texas has 60% of the top 10 because they probably have close to 60% of the teams in 3A. Regions 2, 3, and 4 are predominantly east Texas.

I agree about the speed...Bwood's speed ran down Holland a bunch when he would break thru the front 4..i was really impressed with the speed and quickness of the LBs for Bwood

trojandad
08-19-2011, 05:47 PM

they didnt run for 300 against us....our passing offense didnt show up against them but they TRIED to run in the 2nd half to run out the clock but had to throw cause holland was held to 85 yds....we have the rushing defense.....im just still amazed at, even tho we shut the run down, that same line could be so perfect on pass defense....they were out of sight that way....

MGAR
08-19-2011, 10:55 PM

40% of those teams are all down the road from each other..

buckeyebob
08-21-2011, 05:00 PM

Narrowing it down a little...District 16-3A has 5 of the last 3 years of SC crowns

Rocket
08-21-2011, 07:14 PM

I remember Carthage getting lucky and the refs making some key calls to let Carthage win. That's about it.

OldBison75
08-21-2011, 07:22 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

The ROCKET is back!!!!! And, God love him, he is still the same ol' Rocket. It is amazing that he can stir up more crap with one post than a major American wastewater treatment plant.

MGAR
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I remember Carthage getting lucky and the refs making some key calls to let Carthage win. That's about it.

I remember Carthage winning. That's about it.

Rocket
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I remember Carthage winning. That's about it.

Apparently, you didn't see the blown offensive pass interference call on the goal line. It's hard to win when the ref's have their heads up their butt and no guts. Frustrating.

MGAR
08-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Apparently, you didn't see the blown offensive pass interference call on the goal line. It's hard to win when the ref's have their heads up their butt and no guts. Frustrating.

Oh ok.. I'd assume that y'alls stud WR never got away with offensive pass interference.

Bottom line is the better team won. Time to turn the page in enter a new year. Should of, could of,,,,,didn't.

Txbroadcaster
08-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Sad you would take what was a GREAT game between two GREAT teams and act like the refs were the reason for the game. both teams had calls go their way and calls go agianst them. Difference is Carthage on THAT night shook it off and made the plays when needed. Dont be the guy who ruins a great game by pretending a team got screwed because they did not.

Rocket
08-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Sad you would take what was a GREAT game between two GREAT teams and act like the refs were the reason for the game. both teams had calls go their way and calls go agianst them. Difference is Carthage on THAT night shook it off and made the plays when needed. Dont be the guy who ruins a great game by pretending a team got screwed because they did not.

It was a great game. Nothing I say will change that. But being a biased Lion fan, I stick by my comments. You can be the PC guy that saw it as entertainment. Me, not so much.

poisoned10
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Why didn't Brownwood add a star to their decals this year?

bwdlionfan
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM

I wish people would stop talking about last year and this and that and talk about this year, but in response to TXB... true both teams may have had calls go for and against them, but it's rather difficult to shake off a bogus offensive interference call in the final seconds on the goal line, and no matter who you are, I don't believe anyone could watch that play and think it was interference. I can't say Carthage didn't deserve to win that game, but we also didn't deserve to have our winning chance taken away at the end of the game. That game was fought dead even the entire night with each teams trading scores, only our last scoring opportunity in the final seconds was yanked away from us at the goal line. I think it's time to let the discussion die though.

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Regions 2, 3, and 4 are predominantly east Texas.
I'm curious what you consider "East"? Or do you mean "East" of Brownwood? Maybe we can have some of that speed now! :D

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3a/2010/3aregion42010.gif

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm curious what you consider "East"? Or do you mean "East" of Brownwood? Maybe we can have some of that speed now! :D

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3a/2010/3aregion42010.gif

Awww come on Mom..u know ur consider East Texas in the years u at least make semifinal..when u dont..ur in another part of the state

Most of us on here saying East Texas usually are referring more of North east...Texarkanna down to Lufkin...Canton being the last town( though some say Tyler)

also some even split it more and refer to Jasper, Nac, newton area as Deep East Texas

oldtownag
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
It was a great game. Nothing I say will change that. But being a biased Lion fan, I stick by my comments. You can be the PC guy that saw it as entertainment. Me, not so much.
Check out the hardware below! :2thumbsup:tongue:

hsbtex
08-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Oldtownag, your comparing Carthage hardware to Brownwood's????

Now if you were talking about your 3 peat, Lake Travis may know something about that....

Rocket
08-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Oldtownag, your comparing Carthage hardware to Brownwood's????

Now if you were talking about your 3 peat, Lake Travis may know something about that....

Hilarious, isn't it?

Old Tiger
08-23-2011, 11:29 AM
finally NOW somebody considers us east texas.....i had no idea we werent until i got on this board....lolOnly if your successful....if you are not then you can't be considered part of east texas.

buckeyebob
08-23-2011, 03:24 PM

And if a frog had a tale...

The Lions drove the ball over and over until they reached the 5 yard line for a 1st and goal with just 2 sec. in the game. Brown at the CHS 5 yd line threw to Jaxon Shipley who caught it, but out of bounds. Pass incomplete, the final score Carthage won 28-35 over Brownwood.

Too bad, so sad, get a grip...maybe this year you will get another chance. We can can beat Carthage.

Cam
08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
that's it...i'm movin' my last boy to east TX....let's see, what town is the nicest place to live....and win a state championship??:)

MGAR
08-23-2011, 03:58 PM
that's it...i'm movin' my last boy to east TX....let's see, what town is the nicest place to live....and win a state championship??:)

Depends...
You want your boy to have nice things? Stadium, indoor, overall facilities? Tatum
You want your boy to do football 363 days a year? Gilmer
You want your boy to win state in two sports? Carthage
You want your boy to be a part of the almost group? Longview
You want your boy to be in the once a blue moon group? Henderson
You want your boy to get laughed at? Pine Tree

There is more if you want them. Just let me know.

Bosqueville
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes but none of those qualify as a nice place to live...

MGAR
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes but none of those qualify as a nice place to live...

Each town listed as nice places to live.

waterboy
08-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Depends...
You want your boy to have nice things? Stadium, indoor, overall facilities? Tatum
You want your boy to do football 363 days a year? Gilmer
You want your boy to win state in two sports? Carthage
You want your boy to be a part of the almost group? Longview
You want your boy to be in the once a blue moon group? Henderson
You want your boy to get laughed at? Pine Tree

There is more if you want them. Just let me know.
Haha.....those are funny......and true!:wave:

bwdlionfan
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Brown at the CHS 5 yd line threw to Jaxon Shipley who caught it, but out of bounds. Pass incomplete, the final score Carthage won 28-35 over Brownwood.

Sorry, if you're going to defend the Carthage victory, at least have what happened straight. Shipley didn't catch the ball, the ball was actually intercepted by a Carthage defender out of bounds as Shipley was called for pass interference (he was on the ground and if there was interference at all it was on the defender). That pushed us back and then we wound up getting back to the 3.

Again I'm not saying Carthage didn't deserve to win, but if you're going to talk, at least know what you're talking about.

buckeyebob
08-24-2011, 05:51 AM

Take a dart...drive until you find a good BBQ joint...teach him humility...Gilmer Buckeys!

hsbtex
08-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Yes, Rocket...that was some good stuff. And no response from him either????

DavidWooderson
08-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Just once I wish when PP goes up to 3A that we could get put in Region 1.....I them being in 3A for 1 reason and 1 reason only.....they have to go east in the playoffs.