PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Cuero Scrimmage

Pudlugger
08-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Both teams fielded young players filling in for stellar graduates. During the controlled scrimmage the Leps looked good on defense. Their new offense, pro set, seemed to function well and the first team scored on the gobblers primarily on the ground with a couple of key pass plays thrown in. The 2nd teams fought it out for an 0-0 draw but the Leps clearly led in yards gained. In the two quarters of simulated game play the first team against first team was a draw with the Leps gaining more yardage. Late in the final minutes the second team defense yielded a td after a long drive by the first team Cuero offense to give them the 7-0 score at the final.In my assessment the Lep defense stood out tonight giving the new offense breathing room in advancing the game. Obviously the coaching staff has been very effective in getting these lads ready for the upcoming 2011 season. Go Leps!.

trojandad
08-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Both teams fielded young players filling in for stellar graduates. During the controlled scrimmage the Leps looked good on defense. Their new offense, pro set, seemed to function well and the first team scored on the gobblers primarily on the ground with a couple of key pass plays thrown in. The 2nd teams fought it out for an 0-0 draw but the Leps clearly led in yards gained. In the two quarters of simulated game play the first team against first team was a draw with the Leps gaining more yardage. Late in the final minutes the second team defense yielded a td after a long drive by the first team Cuero offense to give them the 7-0 score at the final.In my assessment the Lep defense stood out tonight giving the new offense breathing room in advancing the game. Obviously the coaching staff has been very effective in getting these lads ready for the upcoming 2011 season. Go Leps!.

i was about to start a thread asking you about your boys....good to see you, pud....keep us informed....

Pudlugger
08-18-2011, 11:17 PM
i was about to start a thread asking you about your boys....good to see you, pud....keep us informed....

The Trojans' stock has been rising these past two years. It would be great to reprise the 2002 year again at Huntsville in round two. [As you might remember my son had a big reception in that game.] Yall are looking real salty going into this season.:)

trojandad
08-18-2011, 11:43 PM
The Trojans' stock has been rising these past two years. It would be great to reprise the 2002 year again at Huntsville in round two. [As you might remember my son had a big reception in that game.] Yall are looking real salty going into this season.:)

i remember it well, your boy looked like a stud streaking down the field.....i burned a lot of sausages pre game....we couldnt get out of our own way that night...i was telling everyone that our team that year ended up with all four backs in our backfield (wishbone) had 1,000+ yd rushing and the qb had 1,000+ yds passing, doesnt happen much....your guys played great defense that night.....

we looked really good against jasper, because jasper is HUGE this year, almost 300 lb/man, fast and quick....a jasper supporter says it was a 2-2 draw but i have a tape of the game (i couldnt go) and i have us scoring 4 times, so i dont know...but gilbert is in great form (we didnt have him in the first few games last year) and cummings replacement is faster and bigger than he was, a fullback runner like cummings was but out weighing him 30 lb...defense looked good against jasper, both tds from them wwere in the air, so our pass defense is showing it needs more work, im sure after the state championship game last year everyone will be throwing against us...thats ok.....

would love to see you guys roll into the playoffs this year....been a while since y'all made a good long run....

LHS 2SONS
08-20-2011, 03:52 PM
would love to see you guys roll into the playoffs this year....been a while since y'all made a good long run....[/QUOTE]

We were in the state semi-final game with the State Champs Carthage in 2009. Other than that we have not done much, we have a lot of great kids with great attitudes for the next two years, just like the senior group in 2009, so we are hopefully looking for some good long runs, good luck to ya'll, you never know what can happen