PDA

View Full Version : New Texas High School Rules

coach
08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
1. The Celebration- Prob the most controversial. A player that celebrates before scoring will be called for unsportsmanlike and the TD will n ot be counted and there will be a 15 yard penalty assessed. EX. Player A high steps into the endzone starting at the 6 yard line. The flag is thrown and it will be 1st and goal from the 21.

2. The Pylon Dive- This one is a head scratcher and can get confusing.

If a player dives for the pylon and the ball is in the outside arm (arm closest to the sideline) and the ball crosses where the endzone line would be if it continued out of bounds the player can touch the pylon with the opposite hand or either foot to be counted as a TD.

BEAST
08-19-2011, 08:31 AM
1. The Celebration- Prob the most controversial. A player that celebrates before scoring will be called for unsportsmanlike and the TD will n ot be counted and there will be a 15 yard penalty assessed. EX. Player A high steps into the endzone starting at the 6 yard line. The flag is thrown and it will be 1st and goal from the 21.

2. The Pylon Dive- This one is a head scratcher and can get confusing.

If a player dives for the pylon and the ball is in the outside arm (arm closest to the sideline) and the ball crosses where the endzone line would be if it continued out of bounds the player can touch the pylon with the opposite hand or either foot to be counted as a TD.

This is the crap that drives me crazy about football now days. Especially rule 2. The ball never crossed the real line. You know the white one ON the field. Not an imaginary one that extends all the way around the globe.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I think they're both horrible

BILLYFRED0000
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I like the first one but I am old school. I was taught that you act like you have been there before. You could get excited with your teammates on a great win but that individual stuff is that all about me stuff. I am out on that.

upper20
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I like the first one but I am old school. I was taught that you act like you have been there before. You could get excited with your teammates on a great win but that individual stuff is that all about me stuff. I am out on that.

Agree

GrTigers6
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I like the first one too. It makes the kids think about it more instead of just saying they will just take it off on the kickoff.
The second one doesnt make a whole lot of sense unless they are just trying to make it simple, It the pylon is touched by the offensive player it is a td? I dont know.

TexMike
08-19-2011, 12:16 PM

Just to be perfectly clear, if the celebration is AFTER he crosses the goal line (as it is in most cases) the TD will stand.
Penalty on the try or kickoff

TexMike
08-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I like the first one too. It makes the kids think about it more instead of just saying they will just take it off on the kickoff.
The second one doesnt make a whole lot of sense unless they are just trying to make it simple, It the pylon is touched by the offensive player it is a td? I dont know.

At the precise nanosecond a player touches the pylon, he is out of bounds. We need to know where the ball was that split second in order to know if it is a TD or not. If ball had not yet made it to the goal line extended, no score.

eagles_victory
08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Two pitiful rules

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Me too! But then, I'm a chick. Although, I have to add that if ANY of my boys had/does ever score a TD and doesn't act like they've been there before...it's because they haven't. :D (Oh, and I might just come unglued if it did/does! :cheerl: )

Saggy Aggie
08-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Two pitiful rulesIf a guy burns you and wants to do a backflip into the endzone, so be it. This rule is about keeping people from getting butt hurt. I say if a guy scores, let him do what he wants. Let the kid shine. Move like Bernie, do something memorable.

There's always one way to stop a team from celebrating... ya know. play good defense?

I just dont wanna see a team end up losing a game because a kid made a great play to score and got excited a celebrated. I think if you manage to score a TD within the rules of the game, it should stand. Excessive celebration or taunting is one thing, and should be penalized on the kickoff, but if a kid high steps into the endzone and the TD gets called back, i think thats BS.