PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma; Best college team ever???

LockedNLoaded
11-10-2003, 02:49 PM
If they run the table, I think you have to put them on that pedestal. This team don't just beat people, they freakin' pulverize teams. Props to Stoops and his staff for beating a so-so A&M team and a decent Texas team. The Texas schools have to be concerned over this DOMINANCE! As a Texan, I am embarrassed. How about you guys?

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
It's really hard to compare. Texas used to have bench players better than most school's starters when Coach Royal was there. Oklahoma is definitely one of the best, but who's to say who "The" best team is?

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
As a Texan, I would rather not talk about it.

LockedNLoaded
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
I guess what impresses me so much about this team is that you can't find a weak spot. Most of the time you can point to special teams, or maybe the O or D lines, or secondary, but this team is good all over! And after they stab you in the back, they don't let up, they twist it even more until your beat 50-6, 65-13, 77-0.

LogieJoeBean001
11-10-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm with you, PPHSfan, I'd rather not talk about it either!

Can't somebody, anybody just beat OU? Pleeeaassee!

LockedNLoaded
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Hell, I hate em' too but my goodness, I will give props when props are due! And so far, this team and Coach Stoops deserve PROPS!

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
umm...Go Horned Frogs!

sahen
11-10-2003, 03:14 PM
as a texan i would like to point out that more players r on OU's team from texas than from oklahoma...so yah...i guess u can basically say OU is a texas team...hehe i bet that one would piss the oklahoma people off....but it is true! Texas outnumbers Oklahoma 49-42 on their own squad...sad maybe the texas schools should try to recruit a little better? but im sure they r trying their best...

sahen
11-10-2003, 03:19 PM
one more thing it will just get to where they have more texas players...their recruiting class from last year had 12 texas kids to 4 oklahoma kids...

LockedNLoaded
11-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah, we (Texans) have thrown that around for years but the bottom line is "Why are they there?". I'll tell you why, because 18 year olds like to be on TV every weekend, like to know the coach that recruits them will be there for 4 more years, and likes to win! Bottom line is OK has major SCOREBOARD over any Texas school right now and its not gonna change as long as Stoops is in Norman! Mack stinks and Fran is already on the "hotseat" in Aggieland. And Tx Tech has it coming to them very shortly!

sahen
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
LockedNLoaded:
Yeah, we (Texans) have thrown that around for years but the bottom line is "Why are they there?". I'll tell you why, because 18 year olds like to be on TV every weekend, like to know the coach that recruits them will be there for 4 more years, and likes to win! Bottom line is OK has major SCOREBOARD over any Texas school right now and its not gonna change as long as Stoops is in Norman! Mack stinks and Fran is already on the "hotseat" in Aggieland. And Tx Tech has it coming to them very shortly!And big Baylor has a coach that is known for recruiting in texas now...even when he was at kentucky! woohoo maybe OU will take all the really good people so we can play w/ A&M and UT and Tech in 10 years r so...lol

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 03:30 PM
The Cornhuskers back in 71 were probably the best team ever. But I would have to put this Oklahoma team in the top ten of all time. Of course the 1956 Sooners Alumni would probably not even consider this Oklahoma's best team ever.

lepfan
11-10-2003, 09:38 PM
JasperDog94:
It's really hard to compare. Texas used to have bench players better than most school's starters when Coach Royal was there. Oklahoma is definitely one of the best, but who's to say who "The" best team is?and where did royal play college ball?

sinton66
11-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I don't know, PPHSFan, I'd think you'd have to consider Jimmy Johnson's Miami teams too.

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 10:14 PM
sinton66:
I don't know, PPHSFan, I'd think you'd have to consider Jimmy Johnson's Miami teams too.Johnson had some good teams, maybe top 20 in my opinion.

I think Miami's best team of all time was 2001. They had Ken Dorsey at QB, Clinton Portis at running back, not to mention Jeremy Shockey at WR. That Big offensive Line with McKinnie. And a Defense that was loaded with 1st round Sunday Players. Jimmy might have had MORE good teams, but the 2001 Hurricanes were the stuff that dreams are made of.

Showtime33
11-11-2003, 01:53 PM
I would put the 99 or the 93 Florida St teams against them. There have been some real good FSU teams over the years but those 2 FSU teams were outstanding.

punt
11-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Being an OSU alum this is very hard to say, but ou is very good. Can't remember ever seeing a faster d line, anywhere. The Stoops brothers are smart asses but have to admit they have a staff that has every phase of the game going great. I hope somebody knocks them off but I can't figure who it would be, but I'll keep hoping they have an off day.

JasperDog94
11-11-2003, 04:15 PM
punt:
The Stoops brothers are smart asses but have to admit they have a staff that has every phase of the game going great.How have you come to this conclusion? Are you saying this because you are a die hard OSU fan? I am friends with a guy that knows Bob Stoops very well and he is a very dedicated Christian. It's a free country and you can say what you want. But coming from this Longhorn fan, you won't hear me saying anything negative about Stoops. He's a class act that knows how to recruit and how to coach.

St. Ivender
11-11-2003, 04:19 PM
As a Texan I am embarrassed also. What is impressive to me is that they have no superstars.
They are a good TEAM . ..............and they're mostly all Texas kids too.

Zepeda96
11-11-2003, 04:57 PM
HA OU ISN'T GOOD THEY PLAY WEAK TEAMS LET THEM PLAY A GOOD SOLID TEAM THE SCORES TELL HOW SORRY THE TEAM IS. LET A GOOD TEAM PLAY OU.

MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO DO THIS

Zepeda96
11-11-2003, 05:03 PM
HA OU ISN'T GOOD THEY PLAY WEAK TEAMS LET THEM PLAY A GOOD SOLID TEAM THE SCORES TELL HOW SORRY THE TEAM IS. LET A GOOD TEAM PLAY OU.

MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO DO THIS

crzyjournalist03
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Zepeda96:

MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO DO THISsince when are Texas and Oklahoma State weak teams? As much as I dislike OU, they've spanked the good teams too...

lepfan
11-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Zepeda96:

MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO DO THISWhen you wake up from your dream...post again. I would have to say that OSU and UT are "good solid teams" you need to be able to back up what you say. :D

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

punt
11-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Hey Jasper Dog, I doubt that one of Bob Stoops friends is going to say he is a SA. Mike is worse than Bob but both are pretty high on themselves, maybe they should be with their record at ou. I still talk with lots of folks in Ok. and that is a pretty widespread opinion. Whatever other team makes it to the Sugar Bowl should be the best team to get the chance to beat ou. Alabama came the closest to beating them 20-13. Other powerhouses on their pre-conf schedule were N. Tx, Fresno State, UCLA.

sinfan75
11-11-2003, 08:51 PM
They pretty damn stout! that's all I'm gonna say about.Don't like em but they damn good!

CTownHardHitter07
11-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Cant stand Oklahoma....but you cant hide behind the fact they are the best in College Football and will be next year too

Phil C
11-12-2003, 09:38 AM
TCU would whip them but the BCS and Oklahoma are scared so they won't let them get the matchup. Not that I blame Oklahoma. Go TCU!

Phil C
11-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Best team ever? Naturally Texas A&M 1939! A perfect record with only top teams every week played. None of the other top teams that year would play the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl because they were scared.

PPHSfan
11-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Phil, you kinda lost credibility with the TCU post. :D

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
I thought they were over rated at first of the year.I don't now. If they win out I think one has to look at them being one of the best,if not the best ever.