PDA

View Full Version : Bummed...

slingshot
08-18-2011, 02:57 PM
My middle son will be a senior this year at Wylie. 6'0", 175 lbs, pretty fast and strong--325# bench. Yesterday he was at practice and went out for a pass and got jammed at the line by the DB, their feet got tangled and they went down awkwardly--long story short, he suffered a fractured pelvis and is out for the season. He's going to be OK (just in a lot of pain for a few weeks, out 3 months from athletics) and I know it could have been MUCH worse... but that is of little consolation to him right now. I've never seen him this down. My heart hurts for him. Anyways--any of you Dad's out there that have been through similiar situations... I could use some advice. Just don't know what to say to him right now... :crying:

BEAST
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
My middle son will be a senior this year at Wylie. 6'0", 175 lbs, pretty fast and strong--325# bench. Yesterday he was at practice and went out for a pass and got jammed at the line by the DB, their feet got tangled and they went down awkwardly--long story short, he suffered a fractured pelvis and is out for the season. He's going to be OK (just in a lot of pain for a few weeks, out 3 months from athletics) and I know it could have been MUCH worse... but that is of little consolation to him right now. I've never seen him this down. My heart hurts for him. Anyways--any of you Dad's out there that have been through similiar situations... I could use some advice. Just don't know what to say to him right now... :crying:

Never been through it. Hope I never do. Prayers from Brownwood though.

BEAST

LIONS#1
08-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Just gotta hug him and let him know your there for him. Gonna be tough having to watch from the sidelines...but that is all he can do to help support his team right now. Tough deal and we'll be throwing up prayers for him and your family!!

Cam
08-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Hug him and tell him you love him!

44INAROW
08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
so sorry Slingshot - thank goodness he's going to be OK but I am sure he's bummed right now..

bobcat1
08-18-2011, 09:19 PM
He's probably gonna be sad and then be pretty gripy. He needs to stay involved with the team every week no matter what. Love him through it Dad. If he loves the game it will eat on him for a while. I'm talking from persoanl experience after going injured in the playoffs my senior year. At least I got to play through bi-district though. I feel for him and prayers are sent.

garciap77
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Prayers from Wylie!

ccmom
08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Boy, that's tough! Even though you are correct that it could be so much worse, to a teenage boy who has looked forward to his senior year for so many years, these thing are tough to swallow. I'll pray for your family as you help him through this disapppointment.

Bosqueville
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Man sorry to hear this. It's tough no doubt but give it some time and he will be ok.

slingshot
08-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks so much for the advice and prayers... it really helps. After the scrimmage tonight, he wanted to go get a glass of tea--we finally got to talk without gf/mom/brothers/friends around. I am so proud of him. At the end of our conversation, he said "I could be so bitter about this... but I know God has other plans for me and I just don't know where He's leading me--there's a reason for this". Pretty heady stuff for a 17 y/o...

trojandad
08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks so much for the advice and prayers... it really helps. After the scrimmage tonight, he wanted to go get a glass of tea--we finally got to talk without gf/mom/brothers/friends around. I am so proud of him. At the end of our conversation, he said "I could be so bitter about this... but I know God has other plans for me and I just don't know where He's leading me--there's a reason for this". Pretty heady stuff for a 17 y/o...

i was about to say before your son took my thunder, the only way to put it to him is under the "it could always be worse" heading....you said that and it reminded me of colt mccoy in the championship game, hurt his shoulder with just a nerve stinger, coachess took him in the locker, he was trying to convince the coaches he could go out and fake it, his dad came there, asked colt to try a few passes, saw his arm wasnt there, walked up to his son and said "im sorry, colt" and they said colt fell into his dads arms and cried.....he worked his entire life for the game going on at that moment and a hit he had taken a million times stopped him....

your son hurt his in a scrimmage, thank goodness it wasnt during the state championship game....sure hope hes ok, sounds extremely painful....hes in our prayers....